Ghostbusters Fans member Melnutz just released the Ghost Hunting apps we have all been waiting for! Two new apps were released today for Android mobile devices.

The first is called "Ghost Meter - PKE Detector", an app that looks a lot like the screen of a PKE Meter which uses the functions of your device to really make it seem like you are holding a PKE Meter in your hands! Turn the app on and the classic green PKE Meter screen appears, tilt your phone up and the lights and sounds increase. There are also options to turn on your camera flash (on supported devices) to make it more interactive.

The second app is called "Ghost Trap", an app that is basically a Ghost Trap. You open the app and see the familiar caution striping of the doors of a Ghost Trap. Tap the screen and the doors open and suck in a ghastly green ghost. Strobes, lightning bolts and your devices' vibrate function goes crazy as the trap doors close. Just don't forget to clean your trap to use it again!

The apps are available in the Android Market. There are two versions of each app, an ad supported app that has all the functions and a $1 version that is ad free. Funds from the apps go to help the creator who had his home flooded during hurricane Irene. Well worth the money!

Download the Apps:
-Ghost Meter - PKE Detector: Free Version & Paid Version
-Ghost Trap: Free Version & Paid Version

Download, share and spread the word! There may be more apps on the way, such as a Particle Accelerator app, & Para Goggle app!
AJ Quick wrote:Funds from the apps go to help the creator who had his home flooded during hurricane Irene. Well worth the money!
As someone who also had his home flooded during Hurricane Irene - I live on Long Island right across the street from a canal that opens into the Atlantic - I would definitely make a purchase if I had one of these fancy phones that use apps. I just have a simple pre-paid phone from TracFone.

I had about a foot of water come into my home. Because the water was coming in so fast, and I didn't know just how high it was going to go, I had to call 911 and be evacuated by boat until the water receded back into the canal/ocean. When I was able to return a few hours later, I was able to tell just how high the water got by looking at the water markings on some cardboard boxes I had sitting on the floor - the contents of which were completely ruined (as you could surmise).

Luckily, my landlord will take care of damage to the house - and I thank God that the damage wasn't as bad as some of the unfortunate souls I see on the news who live in New Jersey and upstate New York. That said, the water ruined lots of valuable personal property, including (but not limited to) high-profile magazines and comic books from the early 1980s. Sadly, my insurance doesn't cover flood damage, so I'm left to my own resources to replace my damaged property. I'm currently going through everything I own and seeing what I'm willing to part with in the hope that selling it on my site will get me some money with which to recoup some of my losses. (I'm avoiding selling it on eBay as I want to avoid the excess fees. PayPal fees are enough to deal with.) I have a bunch of stuff on my site already, including a lot of the Spook Central 15th Anniversary patches that have remained unsold, but I'm going to be adding LOTS more as soon as I can go through everything I own and take photos and type up descriptions and the such. Then I just have to hope and pray that there will be people who'll buy the stuff I'm offering. Since I haven't sold that many Spook Central patches, it doesn't look good that I'll get much money from all of this effort, but I have to try.
spookcentral wrote:
AJ Quick wrote:Funds from the apps go to help the creator who had his home flooded during hurricane Irene. Well worth the money!
As someone who also had his home flooded during Hurricane Irene - I live on Long Island right across the street from a canal that opens into the Atlantic - I would definitely make a purchase if I had one of these fancy phones that use apps. I just have a simple pre-paid phone from TracFone.

I had about a foot of water come into my home. Because the water was coming in so fast, and I didn't know just how high it was going to go, I had to call 911 and be evacuated by boat until the water receded back into the canal/ocean. When I was able to return a few hours later, I was able to tell just how high the water got by looking at the water markings on some cardboard boxes I had sitting on the floor - the contents of which were completely ruined (as you could surmise).

Luckily, my landlord will take care of damage to the house - and I thank God that the damage wasn't as bad as some of the unfortunate souls I see on the news who live in New Jersey and upstate New York. That said, the water ruined lots of valuable personal property, including (but not limited to) high-profile magazines and comic books from the early 1980s. Sadly, my insurance doesn't cover flood damage, so I'm left to my own resources to replace my damaged property. I'm currently going through everything I own and seeing what I'm willing to part with in the hope that selling it on my site will get me some money with which to recoup some of my losses. (I'm avoiding selling it on eBay as I want to avoid the excess fees. PayPal fees are enough to deal with.) I have a bunch of stuff on my site already, including a lot of the Spook Central 15th Anniversary patches that have remained unsold, but I'm going to be adding LOTS more as soon as I can go through everything I own and take photos and type up descriptions and the such. Then I just have to hope and pray that there will be people who'll buy the stuff I'm offering. Since I haven't sold that many Spook Central patches, it doesn't look good that I'll get much money from all of this effort, but I have to try.
.....I hear ya man....loud and clear.....I'm sorry and I hope you can get back to normal as quickly as possible. This was my second flood THIS YEAR.
freeboot wrote:Melnutz and tardis 59, y'all should have a little private chat and help port the others apps. My romie has an iphone and I an android, so I've seen all these apps in action they are all awesome.
I'd love to port my apps to the Apple platform!

Tardis' PKE is awesome too!
A little update for the Ghost Trap and Ghost Meter:

Ghost Meter for Android now has the ability to detect EMF. The update has been uploaded, but not yet published. I'm waiting for a test device to get here (today) before I publish the update.

Ghost Trap for Android now has the capability to detect motion. So, a good shake opens the trap. To make it even better, if you slide your phone across the carpet, the trap will open when the phone comes to a stop!

I plan on publishing both updates today.....barring any unforeseen bugs (which I might add is common on the Android platform because of varying hardware configurations by device manufacturer).

I hope you guys enjoy the updates and I'll post here as soon as they're published.
Melnutz wrote:.....I hear ya man....loud and clear.....I'm sorry and I hope you can get back to normal as quickly as possible. This was my second flood THIS YEAR.
Two in one year! Oh, God, you have my sympathies, man. This was only the second in the 22 years I've been living in this house. The first one was so minor compared to the recent one; a mere "stream" compared to the "ocean". The first flood was like, "Oh, look at the mousetraps floating out of the closet." The recent flood was like, "Oh shit, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!"
Ghost Trap v1.1 has been published. Now the trap can be triggered by motion. Slide your device across a soft surface (like a rug or something!) and when it comes to a stop the trap will open! (You can also trigger the same function by shaking your device in a back and forth motion...much like the motion one makes when....say.....ya know....shaking a bottle of chocolate milk).

I will not be held responsible if you chuck your device into a wall or something! Be careful, ok?!
I bought the Trap App, and it looks great on my 7" nook tablet!

Been tossing it around the cubicles at work all day, luckily I have an Otter Box case.

Great app! Will we see more ghosts in the near future? Maybe randomize them?
Proton Props UK

The pack is built - it looks and sounds grea[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]