By Winston83
So the guys and I were sitting down the problem of Texas heat and the uniforms and we came across something we thought was promising.

Would it be too tacky to attach one of these to the leg hose? Give some relief from Texas heat and that pesky leg hose a purpose?

http://www.myhandycooler.com
By Nassik
Looking at it, I don't see how it would work. The fan's output area is larger than the inner diameter of the leg hose. I think you'd be better off to attach it to your belt and pull it off when you need it.
By exo95er
Cellulose cooling filter my ass. That's a water soaked sponge and a battery powered fan.
By Winston83
Lol I know they think we don't know a swamp cooler when we see one. I'm gonna pick one up just to play with it.
By aliencatx
man I hope you guys where wearing unddies or that would make some interesting stories
By Mr. D.
Had this idea...

By Lewis Tully
I'm not sure if I understand exactly how this is an issue... We ARE talking about a flight suit here, not a leather (or pleather) Darth Vader costume, or a Chewbacca costume. Roll ur sleeves up, throw on some boxers, unzip it down to your navel if you must, and go on about ur business... I'm not from Arizona, or Texas, or even Alabama, or Mississippi, but to install a fan system? That seems like a bit much for this particular costume, imo.
By ProtonCharger
Lewis Tully wrote:That seems like a bit much for this particular costume, imo.
it's because it is a bit too much, considering as humans we're supposed to be able to adapt to climate, you'd think this would be a non issue for an occasionally worn costume.
By SacGB-Alex
Shorts and a t-shirt with a ghostbuster logo. I rolled up the sleves & kept the zipper down to my belly button and waited for a cool breeze. After a while the sweat should cool you down if there is a nice breeze lol (ur body has its own built in liquid cooling unit).
Our team walked in a July 4th parade 1.5 mile slow parade in 95 degree sunny day, the asphalt temp felt like 115.
By Winston83
My lowly thread has been blessed with a visit from the quickness. I am not worthy!
By TheRockman
Yeah, AJ posting in your thread pretty fancy, but if you really want to feel special, you need to get a post from Peter Mosen. He's the Original GHOSTHEAD!
By Mr.Spider
Yeah , thats what i do .... Boxers.... If applicable, black dickie and i roll up the sleeves...or cut them off..... Granted in florida it doesnt help much..... Which is why I've decided to full Lt. Dangle gb style ..... Much easier in short shorts
By Mr. D.
ProtonCharger wrote:
Lewis Tully wrote:That seems like a bit much for this particular costume, imo.
it's because it is a bit too much, considering as humans we're supposed to be able to adapt to climate, you'd think this would be a non issue for an occasionally worn costume.

Occasionally worn or not, comfort is comfort. Flight suits, jump suits, cover-alls can get VERY hot. I know when I wear my cover-alls in the shop, I'd love to have a cooling system for it. (in fact, I think I might make one).

If the costume is not comfortable to wear for any reason, then it becomes less fun to do so and you stop wearing it. I don't see any problem with adding a cooling fan of some kind, especially since it can be integrated into the over all look. And a cooling fan making noise as a gadget on your belt would be cool anyway. :)

JMO
By ProtonCharger
tell that to people who actually wear it as a uniform.

and the companies that make them.

and the military for keeping that particular style the same for decades.
By kevinj319
These pads really work. When I am hot, I usually sit with it on my lower back. However, I've never tried to rig something to wear it around.

Cooling Pads
By Mr. D.
ProtonCharger wrote:tell that to people who actually wear it as a uniform.

and the companies that make them.

and the military for keeping that particular style the same for decades.

You do now when a pilot is in the jet they are hooked into a cooling system right.
By ProtonCharger
how much time would you say a pilot spends flying?

...not briefed on missions or whatever it is they do on battleships and hangars and flightdecks. which, any sound mind could say is more time spent than actually inside a jet not hooked into a cooling system (because there are totally holes in every flightsuit ive ever owned for a cooling system)
By Lewis Tully
David Yard wrote:If the costume is not comfortable to wear for any reason, then it becomes less fun to do so and you stop wearing it.
Tell that to Civil War Re-enactors... (Which I happen to be...) Wearing wool pants and jackets in 95 degree temperatures isn't exactly what I would call fun, but if you have a love and a passion for the hobby then you deal with it and move on. Plain and simple.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]