Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By Fritz
This is definitely something to look forward to. It's pretty obvious to anyone who follows my fan work Egon's my favorite of the four Ghostbusters, and while I don't think he should be front and center in everything (I actually quite enjoy the spotlight Winston has gotten in the current story) I certainly can't object to the Professor getting the occasional moments of awesome.
By Josh Foote
Issue 8? That's coming out in April is it not?
By IPv6Freely
Do you guys know if this will eventually be published as a graphic novel? I'm not a big comic book fan, so collecting isn't really my thing. But once a years worth (typically a year, right?) are published as one book, I'd be into that.
By mrmichaelt
IPv6Freely wrote:Do you guys know if this will eventually be published as a graphic novel? I'm not a big comic book fan, so collecting isn't really my thing. But once a years worth (typically a year, right?) are published as one book, I'd be into that.
Yes, Erik Burnham confirmed there's a trade collection set for March 2012. So far, we know the foreword is done by Brian Clevinger.

Here's the related links if you're interested:

Tweet #1

Tweet #2

Tweet #3

Fingers crossed for a P.C.O.C. collection for Tristan Jones' contributions.
By Erik Burnham
Each book will collect four issues.

The longer we go with steady sales, of course, the more likely they are to approve a longer storyline (and consequently longer trade.)

For now, though, like I said... each book collects four issues (minus bonus content.)
By mrmichaelt
Erik Burnham wrote:Each book will collect four issues.

The longer we go with steady sales, of course, the more likely they are to approve a longer storyline (and consequently longer trade.)

For now, though, like I said... each book collects four issues (minus bonus content.)
Will there be bonus content in the trade (i.e. official list of annotations for Dan Schoening's easter eggs) at all?
By mrmichaelt
I was listening to NonCanonical's latest podcast #87 and Tristan Jones, who was a special guest, said he read issue #5, #6's script, and... is working on covers for #9, #10, #11, and #12. :cool:
Erik Burnham wrote:That may or may not be possible; some of the things Dan has hidden in there they may not want us explicitly and officially pointing out in print. (:
True... Fingers crossed.
By Josh Foote
I am glad they are working on stuff so far away. That coupled with the re-prints of every issue out so far means a long successful run for the comic!
By robbritton
Am I way off the mark in thinking that Egon's
This Post Contains Spoilers
It certainly brought it to mind!
By Dapper Dan
Glad everyone is diggin the book thus far! #4 is out tomorrow, be sure to pick it up and post your thoughts! It's an exciting issue no doubt! Also, anyone stuck on easter eggs? Post away, and I'll try to answer them for ya!
By mrmichaelt
Dapper Dan wrote:Glad everyone is diggin the book thus far! #4 is out tomorrow, be sure to pick it up and post your thoughts! It's an exciting issue no doubt! Also, anyone stuck on easter eggs? Post away, and I'll try to answer them for ya!
Issue 1
  • Page 8-9: Was that giant mask from the African ghost in "Deadcon I"? (If not from where?)
  • Page 9: Are those eyes in the wall based on "The Thing from Mrs. Faversham's Attic"?
  • Page 19: When Peter crashes through the wall, Winston was looking at mirror. What was that mirror based on?
Issue 2
  • Page 5: When the Ghostbusters come down the stairs, there's that square shaped device atop the cabinet on the left, what is it?
Issue 3
  • Page 9: There's this yellow device obscured by the "Clang Clang" sfx on the shelf in the bottom right panel, what is it?
By robbritton
Dapper Dan wrote:Glad everyone is diggin the book thus far! #4 is out tomorrow, be sure to pick it up and post your thoughts! It's an exciting issue no doubt! Also, anyone stuck on easter eggs? Post away, and I'll try to answer them for ya!
It's excellent stuff so far! Is the boson dart gun a nod to the zootfly game pack design?
By gEkX
I'm really enjoying it! Its actually inspired me to go out and get the rest of the comic... and I did :)
Just finished Displaced Aggression :nicejobyoudid: IDW!
Keep it coming :cool:
By Dapper Dan
MrM! Here are the answers for ya :)

Issue 1

* Page 8-9: Was that giant mask from the African ghost in "Deadcon I"? (If not from where?) Yes
* Page 9: Are those eyes in the wall based on "The Thing from Mrs. Faversham's Attic"? No
* Page 19: When Peter crashes through the wall, Winston was looking at mirror. What was that mirror based on? The mirror is based on the one from the first magic trick in "The Cabinet of Calamari."

Issue 2

* Page 5: When the Ghostbusters come down the stairs, there's that square shaped device atop the cabinet on the left, what is it?

That is just a device I made up :)

Issue 3

* Page 9: There's this yellow device obscured by the "Clang Clang" sfx on the shelf in the bottom right panel, what is it?

Those are Spectral Gloves from the RGB

robbritton, thank you for your question as well. The new pack in issue 3 is not based on the Zootfly design, however I can see the similarity. I remember seeing a trailer for the game, but it was just driving in the Ecto 1. When designing the pack, I referenced a lot of airline engines. We wanted something big and bulky that packed some punch.
By JayTigran
Another stellar issue and a very interesting conclusion to the Idulnas story

Love the different styles of equipment from various sources
As always guys, keep up the fantastic work!
By zeta otaku
Awesome issue. Absolutely loved this arc and I can't wait for the next issue.

Now, a few questions: (in spoiler tags because I'm nice like that)
Again, this is a fantastic comic so far. Thanks for bringing me back into comics and staying so true to the characters. They may not look like the actors, but those are the voices I hear when I read their lines... well, except for Janine, that's RGB all the way. :D
By mrmichaelt
What an ending!

Bit of a relief to see less easter eggs but...
I've a few questions on easter eggs
Questions about the story
By SlimeGuy
I second the questions
and
By JayTigran
Hey Erik, I just wanted to say I don't know how you did it, but you write these comics phenomenally. It's like your pulling the dialogue and story events straight out of the actors' mouths and the world from which they inhabit.

I can't say enough good things about this comic and I really hope you (and Dan, Luis, and Tristan) continue to work on this series for a long time coming. You all compliment each other's artistic form so well.
By mrmichaelt
Hmm, so for the three rookies, Tristan did hint at them. On "Cross the Streams" episode 20 back in October, Jones basically said:
Then last month he tweeted
So I guess, they original four could use these rookies as a loophole in Peck's requirements aside from branching out from NYC.
Erik Burnham wrote:The Jabberwock wasn't an RGB reference. (: I leave those, for the most part, to Mr. Schoening. I just thought of the poem while writing this!
Thanks for clarifying that. I imagine there's going to be a couple coincidences like this.

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement […]

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/37016683[…]