MattyCollector.com has just released three items as part of their December 2011 sale! Be prepared to spend $260 to get every item today!

- Ghostbusters II 2-Pack with 12” Ray Stantz & Egon Spengler
- Ghostbusters II 2-Pack with 12” Winston Zeddemore & Peter Venkman
- Ghostbusters II Vigo
Just shelled out on both 12" double packs. Ouch!! This on top of my subscription Vigo figure with shipping to the uk hurt my wallet. Should be worth it though, the 12" figures look amazing. Love the packaging and slime blowers.
AJ Quick wrote:I also considered buying them.

But given MattyCollectors sales in the past, I think I'll wait until they are marked down to $50 each.
Yeah the 60% off last time was a pretty good deal. I was able to pick up everything I had missed up to that point. I agree, best to wait.
Ordered Vigo!!!!

But the 12" GB2 2-packs.........well as much as these are what I've been waiting for and the long wait it has been for these and I can't wait to have them, PASS! These are not going to be big sellers at this price and as history has shown, these are going to go on sale for sure.....multiple times. Why throw the money away when patience will pay off.
PinkGloom wrote:I had to have it all...and I regret nothing! Hope Matty restocks more items again soon.
Matty doesn't really work that way. The items they claim are out of stock, are just items they don't want to sell right now. This causes an inflated sense of demand, which drives prices up on the secondary market. Then... occasionally during sale events they will sell the items at a discount. The discount compared to the secondary market makes it appear to be a good value.... so people jump on it.

Only a few items are legitimately 'Sold Out'.

This doesn't just apply to MattyCollector, but most retail outlets selling what are perceived as 'rare' items.
AJ Quick wrote:
PinkGloom wrote:I had to have it all...and I regret nothing! Hope Matty restocks more items again soon.
Matty doesn't really work that way. The items they claim are out of stock, are just items they don't want to sell right now. This causes an inflated sense of demand, which drives prices up on the secondary market. Then... occasionally during sale events they will sell the items at a discount. The discount compared to the secondary market makes it appear to be a good value.... so people jump on it.

Only a few items are legitimately 'Sold Out'.

This doesn't just apply to MattyCollector, but most retail outlets selling what are perceived as 'rare' items.
Yeah I figured as much. I guess I should say I hope they're 'in stock' soon as in willing to sell to me. I want a PKE meter but I'm not spending double to original price on ebay. Very frustrating. Any idea when they 'randomly' decide to have items in stock again? :D or is it just that? Totally random?
Well.

The PKE Meter is one of those items that are legitimately out of stock.

Items have been re-released during the following times:

- Mad Matty Monday / Mystery Box (Random Mondays)
- Halloween Ghostbusters Sale (Late October)
- Black Friday / Cyber Monday (Late November)

Since they have been creating new sales events recently, I'm sure we will see some kind of sale in the Spring / Summer next year.

The PKE Meter could be re-released... but it has been said that the only way for that to happen is for Ghostbusters 3 to come out. Then you would likely see the PKE Meter on store shelves at Toys R Us and other places.
As much as it pains me to wait, that last Sale really stuck the knife in for me, particularly after I paid both years subs and paid full whack for everything, and in the case of the first few figures over the odds for !

Matty don't even appear to be trying to stir interest in the line at present, no big fanfare on product launches like there used to be.

They'll will probably start reducing them in January after the holidays
I ordered both 2 packs and Vigo. It sure did suck they randomly decided to put both out in Dec. Thankfully I just put it all on my newly obtained Credit Card, paid $150 on it and pay the remaining balance in 2 weeks. Now I'm just waiting untill a sale happens next year so I can get both packs again to have complete matching suits.
I also want to get the gb 2 12 inch figures. However I am want them all to be wearing their gray suits. I think having 2 in gray and to in tan on display will look dumb bc in the 2nd movie they never split their uniforms. The 4 of them were either all gray or all tan. Also $240 is alot of money this close to Christmas!! I hope they come down in price.
What do you guys think about the 2 tan suits and 2 gray suits?

Thanks!
Well, over here in Australia, I just shelled out $333 for the 2-12" twin packs. :( I wanted them the minute I saw them. So at the end of the day, its the price I had to pay. Later on down the track I hope to get the full set again, but that will be when they go on sale. I guess I'm lucky my birthday is in January, so I guess that's part of my gift done. :)
I got the 12" 2 packs just before Christmas, super face shipping this time. I was surprised to see them arrive so fast, it usually takes 2 weeks not 4 days.

The new Ray head is a pretty good improvement, but I’ve always been okay with the first 12" head. I only really hated the 6" Ray head. Egon is also an improvement, has more of a skin color and isn’t yellow anymore. Peter is a pretty big disappointment, it’s the same head as the first 12" Peter but they really buggered it up with the paint job, mine doesn’t look good at all, looks so doll like. Winston is a new head and I have no problem with it, looks good. Peter is the worst out of the bunch, at least in my set. I would have opened these up if they all had grey suits, I wish they would have gave Peter and Egon the dark grey suits and let Ray and Wisnton have the SB, that way all 4 would look different in some way at least, oh well.

Was it worth $260? No.

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]