By NessaSan
As I am completely out of money, I though I'll try to build a trap out of 190g-paper, as good as for me possible.
And all in all I'm very satisfied with it >: )

It isnt 100% accurate of course...
The doors are too long, the whole thing is a little too big I think,
the color isnt black enough, the handle is too long too,
it doesnt have any wheels of course.
And there is glue here and there... but hey, I could say its slime lol

Did my best. : )

You guys tell me... how large is a real trap?
cause I didnt measure at all, and this one is about 28cm long without handle.

By Mr. D.
WOW!! That's cool.
By Some_Guy
Yeah, the doors are too long indeed, it's also missing a few switches in the front, but anyway:

It's not bad for a papercaft model - Frankly you can make a cheap-o sturdy trap out of form core too. Toss on a few cheap resin parts and give it a good paintjob and nobody could tell the difference.

The unfortunate part about this particular papercraft is that it looks cell-shaded, haha. But like I said, it's not bad at all.
By Gareee
That looks great, all things considered.

The Matty traps are 10 1/2 inches long to the front of the front display, and from the battery back edge.

They are about 4 1/8 wide from the silver side plate edges.

What was your goal with this, just to have a prop for display? If thats the case, its fine.

If you plan on redoing it, things to consider is the front 5 sides "clamps" don't extend past the side edges of the trap, and sit flush to the edges of the front display. The trap doors connect and hinge to them, about 2/3rds the way from center.

Also, if you used foam core for the doors and the side metal plates, they would look more like thicker sheet metal.

The side metal plates could be painted with spray silver, and they would look better.

It really depends on what your build goal is.
By Demon Vice Commander
Not bad at all for a first trap! You might try repainting it so the blacks are darker and the metallic pieces have a bit of a brushed look. You might even add a bit of weathering to the corners and handle. For some of the raised areas (side plates, vector plates, etc.), you might try making them out of craft foam - that would help add some more depth to the piece.

Overall, it should look great hanging from your belt.

Also, here's the accurate bottom label, if it would be of any use to you:
By NessaSan
Yeah, If I should build another one, I'd be more accurate.
It was more like an experiment : )

Thx for the label! I rly wasnt sure what it looked like.
By aliencatx
better then my first. All in all great job on making it looks that good with what you have to work with.
By Charlie Richter
That looks boss. I love the cell shaded look. Would be epic to do a whole set if cell shaded gear. My first pack was a custom cardboard pack. it had a cartoon edge to it.

Good job, makes me want to try one. Did you have a plan you created or was it purely free hand?

Sent from my GT-I9100T
By NessaSan
Charlie Richter wrote:That looks boss. I love the cell shaded look. Would be epic to do a whole set if cell shaded gear. My first pack was a custom cardboard pack. it had a cartoon edge to it.

Good job, makes me want to try one. Did you have a plan you created or was it purely free hand?

Sent from my GT-I9100T

Well, I have most of the sheets saved.
But some parts were just improvised, like the tubes and knobs.

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]