By Adorkable Eric
I recently came across 3 Motorola MT500 radios on Ebay for $30 (with shipping) and thought to myself that I'd scored! Sounded like a great deal to me!

Well, I got them and thought to myself again that they were really nice. Then I did a little more research and found something I wasn't expecting. More than 1/2 of the back side of the radios I got is raised, unlike the screen used ones. Not good.

So, I thought maybe I could still use them, so I tried putting one in a radio holster I bought... No luck. The backs need to be completely flat to fit.

So, I thought maybe if I took the raised part of the back off there would maybe be some sort of false back behind the raised part (wishful thinking, I know).
No such luck. So, now I'm at a loss. Does anyone know if they sell backs that are flat, of have any other solutions that might help me out? Thanks.
By Cosmic-Riptide
Well, there's one on Ebay right now under the name...

" 'One' Motorola MT-500 Radio Rear Panel Cover Ghostbusters"

It's for the taller MT-500s, which you appear to have.

EDIT - an auction for a set of six just went up too under...

"Set of 6 Motorola MT500 Radio Rear Panel Cover"
By Adorkable Eric
Cosmic-Riptide wrote:Well, there's one on Ebay right now under the name...

" 'One' Motorola MT-500 Radio Rear Panel Cover Ghostbusters"

It's for the taller MT-500s, which you appear to have.

EDIT - an auction for a set of six just went up too under...

"Set of 6 Motorola MT500 Radio Rear Panel Cover"
I'll check those out right now. Since I apparently have the taller ones, does anyone know the difference in height between the tall and short models?
By Cosmic-Riptide
Not counting any of the knobs on top, just the body of the walkies...

The tall ones are 7.5" tall, and the back plate (the part you need) is 4.5625"

The short ones are 6.875" tall, and the back plate is 3.9375"
By Cosmic-Riptide
Adorkable Eric wrote:Wow. Awesome detailed info! Thanks alot!
No prob. I got the heights by measuring the silver band that runs up the side of the walkies. The gray parts of the shell actually extend just the tiniest bit past the silver band, so other people's measurements may vary (but only very slightly).
By Demon Vice Commander
Adorkable Eric wrote:Okay, I just looked on Ebay and I didn't see either of those listings! If you can still find them, would you mind posting a direct link?
Unfortunately, posting a direct link to an eBay auction is against forum policy. The reason is, there might be several other people on the boards watching the same item, and sending more people to the auction will drive the price up. The only exception is for screen-used items, high-ticket items (like a '59 MM Cadillac), or your own auction.
By Cosmic-Riptide
Adorkable Eric wrote:Okay, I just looked on Ebay and I didn't see either of those listings! If you can still find them, would you mind posting a direct link?
Unfortunately they were both gone by the time I made my last post. I hoped that you had snagged one already, but I understand your cautiousness (I've wasted a lot of money on this fandom, making snap decision purchases that didn't pan out). :sigh:

But you know what you're looking for now so it's only a matter of time. If I ever come across some more I'll PM you.

EDIT - You could also try posting in the "Wanted" section. I'm sure that there are probably at least a few members with spare MT-500 parts, either willing to sell (or just give away) the plates you need.
By bschultz9169
In my quest to find an MT500 radio, I found a website that is selling three MT500 4-channel units. In no way am I vouching for the company as I have done no business with them but I did reach out to their customer service department who forwarded images of the best of the three they had in stock. Based on the pictures the rep sent me, the radios are not in great condition and the label is not the blue one but they are selling them for 25$ apiece.

Company website:

www.riemitisradio.com

The radio is listed under the '2-Way Radio' link on the main page.

Until I figure out how to get the images uploaded send me a PM and I will forward the pics of the radio to you if you are interested.
    Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]