Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By jackdoud
Mr. D. wrote:Yep, they join the drones and follow the leaders and never speak their opinions so it's all rainbows and loli pops.
As opposed to vehimently opposing and derisively scoffing at anything and everything for no reason while blindly ignoring massive evidence and proven conclusions to avoid actual productive discourse and discussion like you do?
By Mr. D.
Boomerjinks wrote:
Mr. D. wrote: Yep, they join the drones and follow the leaders and never speak their opinions so it's all rainbows and loli pops.

Maybe I should become a SUPPORTING MEMBER so then everyone will love me and think I am a god and I can post useless crap and not get bashed for it.

Carpeteria wrote:There's a big difference between stating an opinion and repeatedly falling on your sword for totally illogical and factless arguments. I hate to break it to you, but you're pretty solidly in the latter camp.
You would see it that way. BTW every one of my points have been 100% factual.
Carpeteria wrote:But you fail to see that. So see whatever you want. Don't like it. Ignore me.

Thanks. Don't mind if I do. :)

jackdoud wrote:
Mr. D. wrote:Yep, they join the drones and follow the leaders and never speak their opinions so it's all rainbows and loli pops.
As opposed to vehimently opposing and derisively scoffing at anything and everything for no reason while blindly ignoring massive evidence and proven conclusions to avoid actual productive discourse and discussion like you do?
Funny how I have posted massive evidence and proven conclusions that have been ignored over and over.
By jackdoud
Mr. D. wrote:Funny how I have posted massive evidence and proven conclusions that have been ignored over and over.
You seem to keep thinking this, but yet it's not true. Even though YOU think it's " massive evidence and proven conclusions" doesn't mean it is and you're simultaneously ignoring others evidence that proves you wrong. You're either a massive hippocrite, fundamentally socially retarded or deliberately trolling. Either way, if you continue to cause issues, deliberately or not, you will be moderated. You're already in the hole, digging more won't get you out.
By Mr. D.
AJ Quick wrote:Where is your evidence of DVD being higher quality than Blu-ray?
How's this?
cowbybill wrote:Here's the 2005 dvd screen shot:

and here's the Blu Ray:
jackdoud wrote:
blah blah blah more endless babble that really has no point
By Vee
You're basing your argument on one screenshot comparison. Do you see where the holes in your argument are appearing?
You don't want to link to any articles or other evidence? None of the other movies that have been released on Blu-ray? Just a comparison shot from the DVD version with over saturated color and a Blu-Ray? Only one frame?
Just because the special effects in the higher definition shot is less colorful and less blurry doesn't make it lower quality than the DVD.
By jackdoud
Mr. D. wrote:
jackdoud wrote:
blah blah blah more endless babble that really has no point
....mmmm k

Because ignoring mods who are trying to keep you from being outright banned from the site for being an asshole is a good idea... :sigh:
By Mr. D.
Nonagon wrote:You're basing your argument on one screenshot comparison. Do you see where the holes in your argument are appearing?
You don't want to link to any articles or other evidence? None of the other movies that have been released on Blu-ray? Just a comparison shot from the DVD version with over saturated color and a Blu-Ray? Only one frame?
Just because the special effects in the higher definition shot is less colorful and less blurry doesn't make it lower quality than the DVD.

Just using the "evidence" that was posted to me trying to say BR is better then DVD.
By jackdoud
Mr. D. wrote:Just using the "evidence" that was posted to me trying to say BR is better then DVD.
If you can't see that the bluray shot you posted is better than the DVD one there's no helping you and this argument is over.
By Mr. D.
AJ Quick wrote:How about this one?

This is a full sized DVD image on the top, and a full sized Blu-ray image on the bottom.

Which is better? Which is higher quality?

http://www.exoray.com/gb/Ecto.png

Now you are comparing wide screen to full screen. or a zoomed image to a non zoomed image.

jackdoud wrote:
Mr. D. wrote:Just using the "evidence" that was posted to me trying to say BR is better then DVD.
If you can't see that the bluray shot you posted is better than the DVD one there's no helping you and this argument is over.

Not my post, just quoted. and it is obvious the BR is not as goo a quality in that shot. But you will choose to ignore that and hail to the BR gods.
By AJ Quick
Mr. D. wrote: Now you are comparing wide screen to full screen. or a zoomed image to a non zoomed image.
No I'm not.

I'm comparing DVD to Blu-ray.

Perhaps you should do a year of research on it.

The smaller top image is the size that DVD is.

The large bottom image is the size that Blu-ray is.

I figure you can't understand that since both images would take up the whole TV screen when playing. But the DVD would have to blow the image up to take up the same space as the Blu-ray.. and what happens when you resize an image? Its lower quality.

Now we insert that whole.. blah blah not choosing to look at the arguements! I'm always right blah blah comment here.
By TheRockman
Mr. D. wrote:NOTE: To help me join the IN CROWD and make everyone like me, please disregard the above post and replace it with anything that would agree with whatever this thread is about.
ok
Mr. D. wrote:I understand now that Blu-ray is superior to DVD. Bring on those rainbows and lolipops!
By Mr. D.
AJ Quick wrote:
Mr. D. wrote: Now you are comparing wide screen to full screen. or a zoomed image to a non zoomed image.
No I'm not.

I'm comparing DVD to Blu-ray.

Perhaps you should do a year of research on it.

The smaller top image is the size that DVD is.

The large bottom image is the size that Blu-ray is.

I figure you can't understand that since both images would take up the whole TV screen when playing. But the DVD would have to blow the image up to take up the same space as the Blu-ray.. and what happens when you resize an image? Its lower quality.

Now we insert that whole.. blah blah not choosing to look at the arguements! I'm always right blah blah comment here.

You need a new TV, or maybe buy widescreen movies. I have a wide screen TV and NONE of my DVDs have to ENLARGE the image (and thank god they don't blow up the image, there would be pieces of them all over the place). Now a full screen movie will look EXACTLY like the top image you posted on a wide screen TV. Your not proving anything.
By Mr. D.
Carpeteria wrote:So you SERIOUSLY HONESTLY TRULY believe that the thrower streams were meant to turn green? And that it looks better that way? And that they didn't totally screw up in the 2005 transfer with that green overlay effect? That looks better to you?

Who said anything about the proton beams???

Notice how you (and others) have to find ways to twist what I say.
By egie
This got way off topic. I do personally like blueray better, but that is all opinion. (and some facts) I also think the ray posessed scene would be awesome to see! (back on topic) I think GB2 blueray will include it.

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By Mr. D.
mike304 wrote:New TV? Lol I said I was out but Gosh, this is hilarious.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android

Yeah. Do we really need to get into Standard TV vs. Widescreen TV's????
By Mr. D.
Boomerjinks wrote:
Mr. D. wrote:I have a wide screen TV and NONE of my DVDs have to ENLARGE the image

I think I shall add you to the ranks with Carpeteria.
By AJ Quick
Mr. D. wrote:You need a new TV, or maybe buy widescreen movies. I have a wide screen TV and NONE of my DVDs have to ENLARGE the image (and thank god they don't blow up the image, there would be pieces of them all over the place). Now a full screen movie will look EXACTLY like the top image you posted on a wide screen TV. Your not proving anything.
The top image is DIRECT from a DVD.

The bottom image is DIRECT from a Blu-ray.

Both images are widescreen.

No resizing was involved.

If you don't understand that DVD is 720 x 480 and Blu-ray is 1920 x 1080... then you have no place in any argument where Blu-ray vs DVD is being discussed.
By mike304
Mr. D. wrote:
mike304 wrote:New TV? Lol I said I was out but Gosh, this is hilarious.

Yeah. Do we really need to get into Standard TV vs. Widescreen TV's????
No we dont , I actually understand the difference between 4:3 and 16:9, aspect ratios, source material, etc.

There's the site, you may have heard of it, it's called Wikipedia...you may want to do some reading there.

By Vee
mike304 wrote: No we dont , I actually understand the difference between 4:3 and 16:9, aspect ratios, source material, etc.

There's the site, you may have heard of it, it's called Wikipedia...you may want to do some reading there.

OH NO! HERE WE GO AGAAAAIN!
By Mr. D.
mike304 wrote: No we dont , I actually understand the difference between 4:3 and 16:9, aspect ratios, source material, etc.

I have never got to use that image on any other site as much as I have here. You people think just because Wikipedia says something, it must be true.

No I have done REAL research on home theater systems. Not just done a Google search, clicked Wikipedia and read an article and now think I am an expert.
By Mr. D.
Nonagon wrote:

OH NO! HERE WE GO AGAAAAIN!

Yep you guys are Wikipedia whores.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]