Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By Vee
I imagine the postcard is from the team while they're in New Orleans. They probably sent her the voodoo doll to help her cope while she deals with Peck by herself. :)
By mrmichaelt
TristanJones wrote:There are 9 conscious references in there. You've got two of them... though Samedi's more generic -- not ENTIRELY a Live and Let Die reference...
There's three Imps, one on the floor, one on the magazine, and one by the computer (becoming a bit of a tradition).

Is that the Creature Magazine Peter reads in the "Slimer and The Real Ghostbusters" title sequence?

And the building, based on Hotel Boudreaux from "Play Them Ragtime Boos"?
By mrmichaelt
Kingpin wrote:Ha ha, awesome. :)
You said it. I thought the easter egg in the fountain and double easter egg in Ron's newspaper were the funniest ones yet.
By GB Sales
I just exchanged an email with Midtown Comics as I just recently placed my order for #6 (all covers) and had to actually get one of them shipped from a store as they're all sold out online for all 3 covers. Graham Crackers also appears to be selling out fairly quickly as they no longer have any exclusive covers left. So if you are holding out and usually order online, I would recommend getting in last minute pre-orders before everything is gone. Hoping this means good things for the sales ranking of #6 this month. Here's to cracking the top 100! :)
By Kingpin
mrmichaelt wrote:
Kingpin wrote:Ha ha, awesome. :)
You said it. I thought the easter egg in the fountain and double easter egg in Ron's newspaper were the funniest ones yet.
The cook at the diner's also a familiar face. ;) I suspect the diner is also designed to resemble the one in Edward Hopper's Nighthawks. :)
By mrmichaelt
Kingpin wrote:The cook at the diner's also a familiar face. ;) I suspect the diner is also designed to resemble the one in Edward Hopper's Nighthawks. :)
Guess business was bad in New England so he moved to Manhattan.
By robbritton
This series just gets better and better. I don't suppose we could bypass all of Mr. Aykroyd's blunders and just have youse guys write the GB3 script, could we?!

Truly, I am a bit in love with this comic.
By JayTigran
Just read issue 6:

as always guys this issue rocks!!!! The pacing, the dialogue, everything works and it works VERY WELL! Love it!

The cameos, the background hidden awesomeness, the twists, the color so vibrant yet creepy, I can't say enough good things about this book!!!
By GB Sales
I still have not gotten my copies in the mail but based on the reviews and comments I could not be more excited. PS - I still can't believe how quickly the issue is selling:

1) www.grahamcrackers.com - sold out of variants, sold out of cover B, and only 10 cover A left in stock
2) www.midtowncomics.com - sold out of all covers
3) www.mycomicshop.com - 7 combined copies remaining of all 3 covers
4) www.tfaw.com - sold out of variants, sold out of cover a, only 8 cover B left in stock

These are some of the biggest e-tailers who usually carry several dozen, if not hundreds of the issues, and are down to almost 0 on day 1. Can't ask for much more!!!!!!
By Peterson
I'm loving the series so far. I just hope that eventually there's a definitive list of all the many "easter eggs" hidden in the issues out there - albeit not to be used until you've tried to find them yourself, natch. I didn't even realize Nick's covers were homages to classic album art until I read this thread!
By mrmichaelt
Main Story: Very interesting development with the threat being a manitou. Guess we can say for sure it is a Matche variety. Too bad they didn't bring their slime blowers. Ending reminded me of Peter's predicament in "Mrs. Roger's Neighborhood" And man that manitou looked nasty, hopefully we'll see Tristan's take on it next month.

PCOC: Neat, another throwback. Nice to see a 'epilogue' of sorts for Displaced Aggression while weaving in more back story. Maybe even foreshadowing a future story? All in all, nice to see. I've always been on the fence on when Displaced Aggression took place, before or after The Video Game.

Easter eggs so far
This Post Contains Spoilers
By mrmichaelt
Erik Burnham wrote:3. That's Bruce, The Fantastic Chimp (mascot designed for this park, and so not a reference.)
Thanks! Also was Peter's Black Knight reference your idea?
By mrmichaelt
A-ha! Never could forget a Goze. In the PCOC section of #6, page 21 - there's the obscured Tobin page of Gozer underneath Rachel's student identification card. Well, that Gozer is from Tristan Jones' Tobin's Spirit Guide art he did back in 2008. October 5, 2008 to be specific. It's here at GB Fans, too, if you don't have a DA account.
By TristanJones
Yeah, I snuck that bugger in. I think by now the fans kinda recognise that stuff as "Tobin's" style artwork, and having Unlighter's demon form in the same style was a nod to all that and the support you guys showed throughout that time period. Shame we could never get the book off the ground, but at least I know I can kinda do that sort of stuff here.

As for the manitou, don't get your hopes up too high. Wasn't the concept art in that issue? The way Dan's drawn the bugger is almost identical to how I drew it, which you'll see in the concept art. Pretty rad seeing it in action the way Dan's done it!
By mrmichaelt
TristanJones wrote:Yeah, I snuck that bugger in. I think by now the fans kinda recognise that stuff as "Tobin's" style artwork, and having Unlighter's demon form in the same style was a nod to all that and the support you guys showed throughout that time period. Shame we could never get the book off the ground, but at least I know I can kinda do that sort of stuff here.

As for the manitou, don't get your hopes up too high. Wasn't the concept art in that issue? The way Dan's drawn the bugger is almost identical to how I drew it, which you'll see in the concept art. Pretty rad seeing it in action the way Dan's done it!
There's still a chance in the future for a Spirit Guide or PCOC Casebook? ...I hope.

Nope, no concept art in #6 just three PCOC Pages and one fan art. I guess the Manitou concepts are in #7.
By mikegb1984x
A Spirit guide mixed with Tristans and Dans art would be amazing. Lets hope this gets considered. It would be my coffee table reading matterial along with the resent Ongoing issue.
By TristanJones
Nah, there's zero chance for the Tobin's Spirit Guide coffee book. Although that was a year ago now that Tom asked me about it... might be worth looking into again. There was a rights issue -- someone else had the license to do what we wanted to do. That MAY have changed, but I wouldn't stop air from circulating through one's lungs...
By GhstbstrLMLIII
Loved it and can't wait to see where it goes. (And I know we've mention it before but really - the RI cover.....nightmares. thanks.)
By GBMelnutz
I just sneaked a peek at Previews Magazine for March 2012, since I work at a Comic Shop, and I noticed the GB Event in May.
They're doing a 1-in-10 cover and a 1-in-50 sketch cover, oh yeah!
Here's the description for the 1-in-50...
"For every 50 copies Ghostbusters #9 ordered, rcv 1 unique Tristan Jones sketch var cvr free
featuring a tourist postcard of YOUR town."
So it looks like West Palm Beach, Florida will be getting that cover.
Keep up the Fantastic work and I can't wait til May!!!
By mrmichaelt
Looks like Mr. Schoening snuck in another Sega game reference, this time in #6, the venus fly trap thing at the park is the Insect Trapper, one of Janna's lieutenants.
By jzurawski
Man, this comic series is awesome... the artwork is great and there were moments when the dialog actually made me laugh out loud!

I feel stupid asking this but there is one thing that I missed... What is a "code regan"?

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]

Hard to tell if it’s an actual black fligh[…]