Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By Harry Bardwell
I read every issue and love them! :D they just keep getting better in my opinion. Fritz, I agree the extra material for only the trade thing sucks...but they'll get my money anyway :/ :P.

As far as the extra help at the store goes
This Post Contains Spoilers
And a design question
By rgbfan475
Id have to agree that the bonus stuff for trades only sucks. Im not gonna buy a trade if i already have all the single issues that are in the trade. If you dont buy the single issues then they will cancel it . But after you buy the single issues then you have to basically rebuy it again just for 2 pages of extra stuff.
By Ghostbuster-Adem84
I agree with the others when I say this series is coming along perfect. So many little details in both art and story to gush over! Thank god this book is on a regular time frame as it gives us all something to look forwards to monthly. The latest story ark so far is nothing short of brilliance and Dan's art is coming along smoothly. Eric's writing and his characterization is spot on. Congrads gents on bringing something very worth wild to read :)
By mrmichaelt
rgbfan475 wrote:But after you buy the single issues then you have to basically rebuy it again just for 2 pages of extra stuff.
It's how the industry is. But the Haunted Holiday exclusive was 9 pages, not two, and for those who care - collectors don't have to keep flipping their comic and can just read the trade collection instead.

All that aside, I do agree there should be more new material in the trade collections for the fans who want a more equitable and immediate incentive. Hopefully, if this is true for volume two, the story is longer than 9 pages. Also, I think it was "The Other Side" but that trade had a bunch of unlettered variants of covers and pages from what I recall. If they did that with the trades - but as 'clean' PCOC files where you can read all the text on the file without a photo or two obscuring some words - as well as maybe a handful of new-exclusive PCOC files would be a cool additional incentive to buy the trade.
By ECT0-1
Guess I'm guilty of this too. For the ongoing I write we're doing 8-page vignettes that will debut online but be included in the trade of the first story arc in chronological order. But, none of you guys read or ever heard of the book, so it's all good. :P
By Erik Burnham
Mostly our goal was to put (most of) the exclusive stuff in the comic itself, not necessarily the trade. (First 4 PCOC squeaked into the first trade as a last minute decision.) PCOC isn't going to be in v.2, and in the v.3 (Haunted America) there may not e enough room for Jones' backup story.

So you guys are out ahead of the trade waiters again. (;

One specific reason for this exclusive story was not that we didn't want to include it as back matter in the monthly... it's that the back of the monthly was already filled with content and we had no where else to put it! (Come to think of it, I wonder if there's a reason it couldn't debut in the trade and go into the monthly later, should we keep rolling? Maybe I'll ask.)
By mrmichaelt
Erik Burnham did an interview with Geekvolution and it was posted on March 3rd. It starts about about the 35:12 mark and ends at the 1:03:44 mark. Great stuff - Burnham talked about how the ongoing got started, the continuity it draws from, restrictions, an idea of where he and Dan are in the production process, some easter egg talk, teasing upcoming stories, and of course, talking a bit about Haunted America.

Based on what Burnham said, it sounds like #9 may take place in Detroit's Fort Wayne - a reputed haunted army base. But that's just speculation.
By mrmichaelt
Erik Burnham wrote:It does, in fact, use Fort Wayne as a setting.

It's what's going on IN the Fort that's the weird part (;
Ah, sweet! Don't know how much weirder you can get than Fort Detmerring but looking forward to it. Well, #7 more so since it comes out next week and #9 isn't until May... but yeah.
By mrmichaelt
Tristan Jones posted a teaser of a 7 page story he did for Issue #8: The Man Who Sought Death So far, Jones revealed one of the men is from France, the other from East Germany, they are currently in Siberia, and it is the year 1912. Note the Tobin's Spirit Guide (must be the first edition looking back at Issue #3).

Also Dan Aykroyd likes the comic... and Dan Schoening it seems. Nerdyshow Podcast, at 4:41 mark
By mrmichaelt
Mmm, well, he was multi-tasking at the time. Still it was the first time I've seen someone ask him about the comic. Wonder if anyone else from the movies read it...
By mrmichaelt
By Kingpin
Can't wait to pick this issue up. And some more great reference shots of the Ghost Grenade
By mrmichaelt
Wow, what an ending! I loved how the spotlight came on Peter in this issue and how he defeated the Hungry Manitou.

The art was excellent as always but one of the most memorable so far was
Easter eggs I noticed so far
By SlimeGuy
Correct me if I'm wrong, but...
Killer comic this go around guys! Can't wait for next month!
By mrmichaelt
SlimeGuy wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but...
Killer comic this go around guys! Can't wait for next month!
Yup! I must have confused them, thanks for catching that.
By JayTigran
Well you did a hell of a job Erik, the dialogue between Peter and the Ghost was top notch work, had me loving every minute of it.
By GhstbstrLMLIII
Read it last night. Another excellent job. Erik - I agree that the dialogue between Peter and the ghost was spectacular. I love how you've captured his attitude, but also shown that he's not stupid (like the later seasons of RGB went to). Dan's art has progressed nicely. Can't wait for more issues.
By ProtonDefender
I waited until Vol. 1, read it yesterday and loved it! Like everyone else I am all about the Easter-eggs--I go back and just scan the art like a GB "Where's Waldo!".

One of my favorite eggs is in book 4, when Ray is running through the apartment with the big trap and the tenant is essentially John Candy's version Louis Tully (complete with the dobermans that Reitman was against!) hahaha. Someone else may have already posted about it, but I had to add my "kudos" to the boards for Dan & company for producing a book that truly is dense with the mythos and gives us something to look forward to!
By Kingpin
What was the easter egg in the check in plaque, michael?

Here's a little bit I noticed in the art:
Some comments on the story:
A solid conclusion to the current story. On to #8!
By mrmichaelt
Kingpin wrote:What was the easter egg in the check in plaque, michael?
Oh, my apologies, Kingpin. Luis Delgado inserts his own easter egg into each issue he's worked on, the number "15"

1. Con-Volution - Page 4, First panel, obscured a bit by Ray's dialogue balloon

2. What in Samhain Just Happened?! - Page 22 on the gravestone to the left near the building

3. Issue #1 - Page 7 one of the billiard balls Peter looks at

4. Issue #2 - Page 8 on Axel's license plate as Ecto-1a leaves the Firehouse

5. Issue #3 - Page 10 on the Slime C ad (15% real fruit juice)

6. Issue #4 - Page 16 panel one, the issue # of the framed The Pacific Monthly

7. Issue #5 - Page 6, on the side of the bus

8. Issue #6 - Page 4, a part number on the schematic given to Ron Alexander

It turns out Issue #7 was a special case
Here's a little bit I noticed in the art:
Oh, cool! Gotta look back for that.

EDIT: Saw some more stuff:
By Fritz
Fritz Babbles About Ghostbusters #7:
By Josh Foote
So are there any updates about the 1:50 editions for the upcoming comics?
By mrmichaelt
Here's a preview for Issue #8 and remember say "Yes!" Newsarama's preview But they omitted a page. It can be found in Spook Central's album but beware of one particular spoiler readers have waited for since #1.

Also Mr. Burnham pretty much confirmed there will be a short story in the Volume 2 trade paperback.
My goal today? The script for an 8 page short for Ghostbusters TPB v. 2.
Yes!
Josh Foote wrote:So are there any updates about the 1:50 editions for the upcoming comics?
Sort of today, Tristan Jones tweeted this:
Also just found out I may be doing a very large number of sketch covers for Ghostbusters 9. Entire body seized up in shock now.

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]

Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Depending on the price, it might be worth snatchin[…]

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]