Post pics of work in progress or to your fan art here on Ghostbusters Fans.
I have actually posted these first couple of images in Home > Community > Regional > Northwest > Washington Patch

Where Thumpernicus shared their Washington State Ghost patch for Spokane, WA. - which is actually pretty good.

And I designed some patches based on the Pacific Northwest Legend Bigfoot (a.k.a. Sasquatch) as an example of Washington State and the Pacific Northwest's great and wonderful tradition in the Strange & Unexplained.

The multiple color Circle Slash is just to show the different colors themes for the patches - I'm partial to the green circle slash since this design is intended for Washington State (the Evergreen State).

Originally I started work on the purple one with the hands and the foot and the eyes hidden in the dark - it wasn't purple when I started. In all actuality I didn't know what the colors were going to be like so I started tinkering around and in this example I show the standard brown fingers with the dark nails.

I opted for a cryptid firstly because (to me at least) it's not about just ghosts --it's about investigating the unknown. A Ghostbuster specializes in tracking and trapping ghosts and if you're a Ghostbuster from the Pacific Northwest you can expect to run into more than just spooks, spectres or ghosts.

You'll notice multiple arrangements for that theme - since it is in vector I have control over how and where the hands go. The object to the bottom right with the exception of the blue one is a foot (or at least the toes). The idea is that big foot is pulling and kicking through the circle slash and doing major damage. I could do more hand gestures and change the placement around, but for the sake of this sample preview I just tossed up the most common placements.

NOW –after having slaved over a hot computer making the crushing hands I didn’t feel that the level of detail would translate very well to an effective patch, and the fact that Bigfoot is scaled down to just eyes and a nose will kind of miss the mark as being a anything identifiable. After a lunch break I came back to the patch and though a little bit about if I were to show the ghost of a Bigfoot, what would it look like.

Initially I started just taking what assets I did make and apply then to the GB Ghost. It started with the eyes, cheek accent and the nose and the crease on the side of the mouth became the philtrum (that dip under your nose just above the top lip in the middle) and later when it was time to add the little details. Mostly lines around the face to represent sideburns but to make room for all of this I actually had to increase the height of the top of the skull; to give it a higher forehead. I later added the bangs in his hair so it’s more like Chewbacca from ESB or Jedi; but longer because it’s still Bigfoot (thanks to my dog Monk, for the inspiration). I cheated on the OTHER side of by using two lines and just creating a white wedge; similar technique applied to comic book characters. In the end of the day (literally and not figuratively) the PNW No-Ghost Bigfoot patch was created.

I can go on and on about design choices and techniques applied in making this patch - I'm so confident in it's design I even generated an embroidered sample one (using an embroidery effect on the vector) just to see and show you guys what it could pretty much look like as a patch!

This is actually an updated version of the previous patch test shown. I adjusted the thickness of the lines around the eyes and centering the philtrum (more). I've also added two white circles in the eyes to pop them peepers.

It's still a work In Progress.

This is a Red version of the PNW GB-Bigfoot. Because the intention of this design is to represent the Pacific Northwest Ghostbusters' franchise it was designed with intention of having a green circle slash with possibly a deep yellow gold on the inside of the logo. The red one is to keep it more traditional to the classic No-Ghost Logo.

I added this one to the gallery in case someone looking might actually want a Red one for themselves to have. I intend to continue work on this design and with enough interest and support will make real patches.

Larger versions are available for download on my Deviant Art page http://btnkdrms.deviantart.com
I like the ghost look. Have you thought about making the hands look more like the hands from the other concept logos. With out big foot hands it kind of looks like the original no ghost with a mask over its head.

Either way the look great.

Sent from my DROIDX using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
Personally, I really dig the neon green logo. The positions of the hand and foot really balance the logo well and it's vague enough to be a ghost, monster, or sasquatch. I'd be interested in buying a patch whatever direction you go, but I LOVE the orginality of the hidden in the background and breaking out designs. Plus, there's no chance of being sued! ;)
c05ta wrote:I like the ghost look. Have you thought about making the hands look more like the hands from the other concept logos. With out big foot hands it kind of looks like the original no ghost with a mask over its head.

Either way the look great.

Sent from my DROIDX using Ghostbusters Fans on Android

Yes --right now I am working top down. I want to get a lock on the head and face and I'm considering thicker hands and a single (Big) Foot stepping through the circle.
ProtonCharger wrote:the ones where the monster is blacked out but breaking the "sash" looks more like the hulk.
I am using the Empire Magazine Hulk cover as a point of reference for big monster style hands tearing and breaking through a solid object.

I have modest collection of comics and magazines I reference for projects - one of the initial designs was a scary faced monster peering from the dark but it looked too much like Dale Keown's The Pitt; whose monster man art style I love.

The goal here for this Bigfoot/Sasquatch is to be accessible to anyone who sees it - not the art of some angst y monster artist trying to scare people. I also don't really want a Big Foot that is Harry and the Henderson style or even that angry looking Sasquatch from the Jack Links Beef Jerky commercials - which is why I themed it more like Chewbacca but it turned out to look more like my Yorkshire terrier Monk when he needs a hair cut.
SlimeGuy wrote:Personally, I really dig the neon green logo. The positions of the hand and foot really balance the logo well and it's vague enough to be a ghost, monster, or sasquatch. I'd be interested in buying a patch whatever direction you go, but I LOVE the orginality of the hidden in the background and breaking out designs. Plus, there's no chance of being sued! ;)
Since I kind of started working on that patch first - I came to realize some design choices about it that will require tweaking -- I will definitely work on making the eye lines in the shadows darker - and depending on how the Big Foot style ghost hands turn out I may redraw the hands to match the other Big Foot patch hands so the two patches will be more related.

The hands and foot have too many line details that it would make sizing the patch for different uses vary in quality - when I have more time I'll post up more WIPs with new hands, a new foot and some minor accents and highlights. :D
Sat down after reading your comments and suggestions and updated the GB BigFoot Patch - Haven't really found a solution to adding a foot; but I did go ahead and add the arms I had mentioned before.

I may give the toe thing (from the logo test) another try sometime later. I don't want to rush.

Since I cranked out new fingers and forearms I'll probably take another swing at the original patch ;)

fun fact - the hands are actually fingers layered over top of each other to give the effect that there is a hand hidden behind the "sash". When I started I made a set of fingers and a set of toes. To save time I actually modified the fingers to be bigger and slightly fatter to make them toes.

In the new one I applied myself a little more and duplicated the fingers that make the hands to be different; this time the image calls for a little more perspective so I had to adjust and tweak more than just turning and rotating objects.

:arrow: This is still a Work In Progress (WIP) and not final.
I put this together earlier today - I was debating (with myself) if I should add finger nails or not.

Still working out the hand placement. I had one where the hand was over the "sash" but that obscured the face and then I was thinking of placing one behind the circle gripping it from the back (not pictured) and the foot (also not pictured)

My feeling so far is anything more for this particular design with have to be final - which'll be great because I'm feeling pretty good about this one.

I'll most likely continue work on the shadow patch - give or take a few details in the current set of assets so it could better match the more complete Bigfoot patch.

:arrow:This is still Not Final!

An update on the Pacific Northwest (PNW) Bigfoot No-Ghost.

I made this a couple weeks ago - it's pretty much finished. Now I just have to make a couple patches just to see what they look like.

For the feedback not noted/posted here but through passing conversations here and elsewhere I'll finalize the design on the PNW Mystery Monster design too.

Next time I post here It'll be of the actual physical patches.

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]