Long time, no post. I've been out of the Ghostbusters thing for quite some time, and have hung up my gear. I'll probably include a picture of that somewhere else on the board later.
However, that doesn't mean I don't still tinker though.
My original idea that popped into my head, was to use one of the old smart phones I had lying around. Then while playing with the PKE meter app on my Android Tablet, it dawned on me; Use an android phone with the pke app, and build a pke meter around it! Plus, it does all the other things Android devices do! Camera, GPS, Maps, PKE, whatever!

So I started tinkering and came up with a bit of a RGB/EGB pke box. It isn't completed yet, because I still want to get one of the blinking dual LED kits from radio shack and sodder it together so that there are two blinking led's in the end light caps of the antennas. I was gonna do the RGB pke antennas, but decided to go a bit simpler. Anyways, just wanted to say that I thought it up first =P

All of the knobs turn, two of them are on volume controls that are inside so they're nice and smooth, but the large one on the right side is on a multi-select switch, so it clicks on each setting. The cradle for the phone allows it to stay in place while the cover is screwed on, but be slid out when it's off. That way the phone can be taken out and recharged, but it's also set up so it can be charged while in the box, you just slide the charger tip in through a hole on the left side.

Also forgot to mention, the pke meter can hang from my belt because of the ring that's on the handle. I used a black and decker flashlight, and it is setup so the 3 position ring for beam adjustment is still turmable, right under the box with a 1,2,3 setting. Helps add to the effect.

Sent from my Xoom using Ghostbusters Fans on Android

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]