So we had a community yard sale this weekend and I managed to score a ATV PowerWheel. Immediately we saw the potential in this awesome little vehicle. Last year we worked on turning our son into a junior Ghostbuster:

http://www.thereplicapropforum.com/f9/m ... ip-128466/

Of course now he needs an ectomobile to go with his costume. We figured this would be something we would take with us to conventions and get togethers. We will be upgrading the battery, installing lighting and hopefully a sound module. We want to try and get some of the more recognizable parts on the ATV, so suggestions are welcome.

So here it is, in all its glory

Body stripped and primed

Wifey doing the whitewalls

Some of the rack items getting primed

First coat of paint going on the parts

Hoping to squeeze a sound module in here for the Ecto siren and GB theme, any suggestions would be welcome

Thats it for right now, more updates to come!
Last edited by nstevic01 on June 1st, 2012, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By nstevic01
Got a little more work done last night. Wife gave the wheels another coat of paint and I started assembly of the frame.

By Boomerjinks
Cuuuute. The red chassis parts will look pretty neat!

Is the yellow paint really that subtle or is that an effect of the camera? I tend to gravitate towards sunburst yellow colors for Ecto stuff.
By nstevic01
The yellow is a gloss yellow, I think the lighting is messing with the actual color. It is a little darker in person.
By nstevic01
More work done tonight, mounted the foot rests

Finished painting the shell and installed the caution striping

We decided to paint the suspension black, we may go back and hand paint the coils yellow to match the striping but for now this will do

Working on placement of the tanks, and showing the contrast of the yellow

And a mockup of some of the parts, tomorrow we should have the main body fully assembled and will work on installing the greebles...

By venkmans_girl
I can't wait to see it when its completed. I'm liking what you've got done so far.
By nstevic01
drcaron wrote:This is verry cool :cool: are you goin to put a siren ?

Martin

Working on integrating ecto siren and gb theme. Just need to find a cost effective solution.
By nstevic01
The links to some of the pictures changed (just found out you can't edit posts anymore). Mods, can you delete the post with the missing pictures?

On to the updates -

Finished the chassis assembly earlier this week and started in on the wiring. I am currently hooking up a remote kill switch in case of emergencies, and will be running the wiring for the strobes.

Started in on the greebles, gonna hook up a analog volt meter, some switches for the lights and sound, and some indicator lamps.

Some more of the shell completed, mounted the tanks and sniffer

Finished until I can get some switches and additional greebles. Open to suggestions!

By nstevic01
I actually ended up picking up these in blue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8oZGclp ... r_embedded
By nstevic01
Picked up some goodies at the Shack

Taught my awesome wife to solder tonight, there is nothing hotter than a woman with a soldering iron

Hooking everything up for a test

By Skully
Good stuff Nate . . Really coming along. . Cant wait to see it with the noghost logos . Tape off two uniform stripes on the yellow pvc tubes to simulate the tie downs on the rack? . . Your boy is going to be the king of the block. .
By usfmichele
the stripes on the yellow tubes will go on when we put all the other stickers on the sides of it. The logo on the front and the phone number on the side etc...
By nstevic01
I don't suppose anyone out there wants to hook me up with a discounted sound chip for the Ecto/Theme sounds eh? I would gladly whore out some advertising space on the Ecto 1-ATV.
By nstevic01
Alan Hawkins wrote:One of the guys at C2E2 had a Mp3 amp/speaker combo mounted on his pack with all the sound effects and songs on it. You could get one of those and a cheap player maybe. Just a thought.

We had thought about going the MP3 player route but wanted to make it as easy as possible to use. I may end up going with two eBay sound recording modules and wire them in to a larger speaker. I figured using one of RP's chips would be easier and provide more accurate sounds.
By MrsRayStantz
This is awesome!!!! You are guys are awesome parents. I'm glad I get to call you guys friends. :D
By anti-venom
Great job so far. Super awesome. Now i think I have to convert my sons power wheel into an ecto. I have a bunch of LED lights hooked up to it. Underbody LED strips and under the dash LED lights. They don't even put a dent in the battery. I've accidentally left them all on over night once and the next day, my son drove around the yard for a few hours on and off before the battery ran out.

BTW...awesome shirt. I'm a huge aliens franchise fan.
By nstevic01
UPDATES!!

We decided on using the aluminum plate that came with the project box, so it gave me an excuse to use my new drill press. I think it turned out nice

Started working on the blue hoses, I'm sure there is a technical term for them but it is late and my brain is half working.

Chele also put in the black straps for the tanks, we ended up painting some hose clamps and using those

By nstevic01
He knows about it but he has to earn it. We set up a ticket system where if he listens, or does chores, tries new foods, he gets a ticket. When he gets 30, he can have the Ecto. He gets to see the progress of the build so he knows what he is working for and he is EXCITED.

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]