By usfmichele
He knows about it. However its a reward. He has to earn it by trying new foods, helping around the house, being extra good. He gets one ticket for each of those things and he needs 30 tickets. He can also get tickets taken away if he doesn't listen or refuses to eat. He is 5 years old.
By usfmichele
Its really not just for Gavin. Nathan and I really enjoy building props and such together. Gives us something to do when Gavin goes to bed every night other than watch TV or movies. We get to spend time together working on the same goal. PLUS Nathan gets to use all his tools while building it. Its fun! Even if I'm not working on it, I'll hang out in the garage with Nathan on the computer just so he isn't lonely.

But not only all that but we plan on bringing it out to GB events and when people see it they will want to take pictures and people get all excited about GB stuff (as you know). Thats a cool feeling when its your work they are going nuts about.
By nstevic01
Sorry for the lack of updates, we have been working on some minor stuff like wiring and decal sizing and placement. We are still waiting on the lighting and ignition switch. We will post pictures when we get some new stuff on.
By nstevic01
UPDATES!!!

Got Replica Props' sound chip in the mail yesterday, so I got to wiring it up

The little one watching RGB on the shop computer

Switched out the strobe switch for a master ignition switch, the strobe switch will now go on the second panel

Getting to work on drilling out the second panel

Gavin helping out with the wiring

Strobes came in today, woohoo. There were 3 modes and you had to hit a button after it was powered on to start the strobe. So I yanked it apart and jumpered the pattern I wanted. It now starts strobing when I flip the on switch.

Wifey mounting the strobes

Tried my hand at building a small 3 watt amp for the RP chip. When hooked up it sounds distorted and faint. Not sure what happened with it.

Second panel all mounted up. This panel will control strobes, theme song, ecto siren, whelp, and volume.

Wiring madness behind the panel, all connections are soldered for longevity. I decided to us barrier strips for power distribution so I can change wiring on the fly.

By RichLather
I used a set of those LEDs myself; rather happy with the quality of them. Nice idea with re-wiring the pattern as well!

Also happy to see the recipient looking happy; this thread will be glorious when the tickets are earned!

Lastly, jealous at the cleanliness of your shop space.
By nstevic01
Got ALOT of work done last night, both panels are wired up and mounted. I got all of the strobes mounted and tested. When we turned off the lights and flipped the switch all we could do was stare in amazement. I will be posting more pictures tonight and a reveal video will be coming. Epicness is upon us.
By nstevic01
More pictures and updates.

So I discovered the issue with the RP chip and the mini 3 watt amp. Since the RP chip has a .5 watt amp integrated it was producing a high level output, which of course amps do not like (unless they are designed for it). So I found a simple solution using only 2 resistors.

This dropped the high level output to something the amp would like. Once hooked up, it sounded amazing! I added in a pot for volume control fine tuning, then enclosed everything in yet another project box.

I finished mounting all of the strobes an began on the wiring. I decided to use the sniffer's box since the project box count was pretty high already and well, it was wasted space. So I tore apart the control box and relocated everything inside the sniffer.

Quick shot of both panels mounted up

Lots of work coming up, including tidying up the wiring, touch-up painting and of course...the legendary reveal. Stay tuned!!!
By nstevic01
Hit a major snag tonight, the RP chip's internal amp went out. I sent Rob an email to see if I can exchange it. Talked with my graphics guy and I should have the vinyl sometime next week. Other than that, she is almost done!
By nstevic01
FINALLY!!! We worked through the last couple of days and it is now done! Behold in all it's glory, the Ecto-1ATV. Videos posted below the photos:

Click to watch video

Click to watch video
Oh, wow! That looks great! You could even bring it to Dragoncon!
I just watched the video.. amazing!

And I have 30 tickets already.. can I haz it pleeze?
nstevic01 wrote:So we had a community yard sale this weekend and I managed to score a ATV vegas PowerWheel. Immediately we saw the potential in this awesome little vehicle. Last year we worked on turning our son into a junior Ghostbuster:

http://www.thereplicapropforum.com/f9/m ... ip-128466/

Of course now he needs an ectomobile to go with his costume. We figured this would be something we would take with us to conventions and get togethers. We will be upgrading the battery, installing lighting and hopefully a sound module. We want to try and get some of the more recognizable parts on the ATV, so suggestions are welcome.

So here it is, in all its glory

Body stripped and primed

Wifey doing the whitewalls

Some of the rack items getting primed

First coat of paint going on the parts

Hoping to squeeze a sound module in here for the Ecto siren and GB theme, any suggestions would be welcome

Thats it for right now, more updates to come!
You really done a wonderful job. I like the ATV and especially its color.

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]

Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Depending on the price, it might be worth snatchin[…]

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]