Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By Erik Burnham
It wasn't a talking dog in the sense of the cartoon. It would have been a normal dog, possessed by the ghost and speaking once before escaping (issue cliffhanger) and returning to hide and possess Venkman.

It would have leaned toward the creepy side of creepy/comedic. (:
By mrmichaelt
Fritz wrote:I think it could have worked. But only if they let Erik put in a marijuana joke or two also. Even if it's only Venkman going "What are those losers smoking, anyway?" :lol:
Perhaps. I think a similar homage was done on The Venture Bros. but I can't recall what season. It's been years since I watched any of the series.
Erik Burnham wrote:It wasn't a talking dog in the sense of the cartoon. It would have been a normal dog, possessed by the ghost and speaking once before escaping (issue cliffhanger) and returning to hide and possess Venkman.

It would have leaned toward the creepy side of creepy/comedic. (:
I found possessed Scotty creepier than the idea of a possessed dog. It's not that I doubt your writing abilities, but I was just never a big fan of Scooby-Doo.
By Fritz
Fritz Babbles About Ghostbusters #8
This Post Contains Spoilers
See you next month for the road trip!
By mrmichaelt
Fritz Baugh wrote:Egon's so stressed and raw from the whole paranormal situation I like to think him blurting out "I don't have time for this" has multiple meanings. After he's been "snippy" and written a book that seems to have made Janine "aggressive" he ducks out of the potential conflict--
It's possible Burnham's messing with us and maybe when Egon's back his body clock is back to normal and the world isn't doomed from a catastrophic build up of psychokinetic energy, he might lead this subplot in another direction.
Eugene is not a lot like Egon--he looks more like a football player than a guy who hanged around with a physics prodigy, but then again, the cartoon at least suggested Venkman was also a football player in his college days.
Ha ha, yeah, that one reminds of Ray's line in "The Hole in the Wall Gang."
Egon realizes it's probably a spirit that syphons abnormal levels of PKE from the Earth plane's ectosphere. Without that syphoning, PKE builds up. Which is bad.
Makes you wonder if the spirit is released and goes back to its M.O., would the Ghostbusters run out of business? Or would Idulnas make another run at them? Or are there other entities that have picked up the slack since the 70s but have suddenly ...given up the ghost?

Also, the occasional Vigo cameos are starting to make me a little nervous considering Burnham did say he drops in some foreshadowing of future arcs ever so often (i.e. a Fantastic Land advert in Issue #3).
I eagarly await seeing other characters named after Ghostheads.
Hmm, you could be on to something there, Fritz.
By mrmichaelt
Fritz wrote:One I didn't catch myself, and not on mrmichealt's Easter Egg list: Cliff Roswell posted this on the SPT board:
Cliff Roswell wrote:Flashback Egon is Russel Ziskey from "Stripes" (giant 'fro and all),
Neat, that get up and look sorta seemed like it was from something. Have to re-watch Stripes. I noticed Mr. Schoening is getting tougher with his easter eggs, in this case doing more clothes cameos.

joezlo on the IDW forums pointed out on page 20, I think, there's a portrait in Mr. Visitor's house of the three Ghost Actors from "Lights, Camera, Haunting!" (so they got two cameos in the issue) and Mr. Visitor looks to be visually based on Mr. Tummell from "You Can't Take It With You."
By mrmichaelt
Tristan Jones posted a teaser of his Issue #12 cover with more than a couple familiar faces. Can't wait until he posts it to DA.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Wonder what the title of the arc starting with #13 will be called... "Slightly Less Haunted America"? :walterpeck:
By Scottb
It's probably been said but I just realized the other day, one of the Variants for issue 6(I think) has the guys standing against a wall in black and white. That's totally the cover of the Ramones first album. That is pretty awesome in my opinion. Need to get a copy of that.
By Scottb
Well, it is awesome. I was re-reading the series up to date a few days ago and just kept staring at it. I couldn't put my finger on it. I was working on a customer at work and just blurted out "the Ramones!". People thought I was crazy, and the explanation didn't help my cause either.
By Kingpin
Couple of extra references:

Page 11 - Ned Ryerson from Groundhog Day is stood at the crosswalk.
Page 11 - MJN Studios from Lights, Cameras, Haunting! features on the billboard atop the taxi.
Page 12 - There's a yellow monster of some sort on the can beneath the Killer Watt product.
Page 16 - Blue moose-like ghost on the kitchen counter, probably the "puppet" one mentioned above.
By mrmichaelt
TristanJones wrote:There are a lot of music references, as well. The newspaper article may or may not be one of my favourite bands.
Stone Temple Pilots?
Kingpin wrote:Page 11 - Ned Ryerson from Groundhog Day is stood at the crosswalk.
Yeah, real cool to see Tobolowsky, he really is in everything!
Page 11 - MJN Studios from Lights, Cameras, Haunting! features on the billboard atop the taxi.
Nice! Guess there will always be something on those taxi ads.
Page 12 - There's a yellow monster of some sort on the can beneath the Killer Watt product.
I recognize it but can't remember the name. It is incredibly annoying when this happens. The Messanger of Kahlil from EGB's "Casting the Rune"?
Page 16 - Blue moose-like ghost on the kitchen counter, probably the "puppet" one mentioned above.
Yeah, I was trying to I.D. that one for weeks. It's one of the ghosts from "The Hole in the Wall Gang" episode, in particular, it was on Egon's head.
By mrmichaelt
As usually Tristan Jones dropped tantalizing info on his Twitter account
1) His cover for #13 is based on part from the Extreme Ghostbusters intro, and he has posted a work in progress: TRexJones #1

2) His cover for #14 is based on the second intro for The Real Ghostbusters: TRexJones #2

3) His cover for #15 is based on the pan up from the original intro for The Real Ghostbusters: TRexJones #3

Please just take all my money away. :)
By Kingpin
Don't suppose you could repost them here? I'm not a Twitter follower, so the second two links homaging The Real Ghostbusters are locked out to me due to not having an account.
By mrmichaelt
TristanJones wrote:You seem to have missed that that was FIL BARLOW I was talking to there as well! Great guy and a huge inspiration.
...Mother puss bucket! I totally missed that. Your awesome WIP for #13 totally blinded me. I'm totally digging his DA account and assorted stories about EGB.
Kingpin wrote:Don't suppose you could repost them here? I'm not a Twitter follower, so the second two links homaging The Real Ghostbusters are locked out to me due to not having an account.
Neither do I but here you go
Ghostbusters #13 cover WIP http://instagr.am/p/KomWABiftc/
(filbarlow)Looks like you're going to redraw the entire XGB series starting from the intro
Yeah, issues 13, 14, and 15 are all going to be redo's of the cartoon intros. #14 will be from the second RGB intro, and #15
(and #15) will be the pan up from the original RGB opening
By Josh Foote
I just read Issue #8 last week, and must say I loved it!

I can't wait to see the new variants for the new comics. I have loved all of the covers thus far. (And the series too!)
By mrmichaelt
So according to Mr. Burnham, #9 is looking like it may be delayed again to a May 30th release. Reminds me of when #1 came out. Meh, they got no more weeks left in May to delay to.
Word has it that Ghostbusters #9 is bumped back one week to May 30. Just an FYI! (:
By GhstbstrLMLIII
I was wondering about that because it wasn't listed on Bedrock City Comics or Graham Cracker comics lists for next week. So far they haven't missed the month of release, so I'm ok with it. I just hope that Houston isn't delayed with its shipments by a week like it was for #8. (Not a single shop down here got number 8 on time.)
By Erik Burnham
Like I said, it sounds like it was a truck accident that delayed those #8s.

In other news, I don't know if there are any Midwesterners on here planning on hitting the Minnesota Spring Con this weekend, but it's my local show, so I don't miss it. If anyone from here shows up, please, drop by my table and say hello! (Or my panel on Saturday!)

Okay, back to writing...
By mrmichaelt
Tristan Jones' unlettered covers for Issue #12 and #13 were posted today. Caution: total badassery.

1) Issue #12 cover

Ah, so that's the band Jones was talking about. A little surprised it got cleared for the cover.

2) Issue #13 cover

Luis Delgado really moves raising the bar with each issue. The colors are freakin' AMAZING.
By Kingpin
mrmichaelt wrote:Tristan Jones' unlettered covers for Issue #12 and #13 were posted today. Caution: total badassery.
ditto on that, they're some of Tristan's best work yet.
By mrmichaelt
Tristan Jones started a Tumblr page to act as a gallery for all 250 sketch covers for Issue #9. The first five have been posted so far (All Star Comics and four for Graham Cracker Comics). Swift idea and they're looking great. So far cameos of shop worker/owners, Captain Jack Higgins and his crew, Slimer, and a certain band...

Ghostbusters #9 Tumblr

And the fourth arc (starting with Issue #13) will have only A and B covers, according to Mr. Delgado.

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]