Write a quick introduction to introduce yourself.
By Mark Conrard
To all the local boys here in the Northwest and even to those beyond; greetings, salutations and hello! Name's Mark, Mark C. but my friends call me "Big Mac" (a name I'm trying to rid myself of). I've been part of the Ghostbusters scene almost since the day I was born all the way back in good ol' 1985. I've got the toys and I've got the knowledge (and I've even run a tabletop roleplaying session once set after the events of the video game with moderate success)! For the longest time now I've wanted to do something for the local Ghostbusters scene, and it's my wish to found the Seattle branch of GBI. That bein' said, I'm currently lookin' for folks such as Brent "Branth" Smith to help that dream become a reality! I've already spoken to our metaphorical cousins in Spokane and it was team leader Chris Martin who put me on to these forums. Granted I've passed through GBFans.com on more than a couple dozen instances, but I'm ready to make my mark, so to speak. So once again, hello fellow Ghostbusters! Don't worry about me believin' you or not, because I already do!
By btnkdrms
Any luck with Ghostbusters Seattle?

It kind of boggles the mind there's not much activity on the Ghostbusters front here in Washington State - this is kind of like a hot zone for all things unexplained.
By Mark Conrard
I've been in talks with user shifty02 about helping co-found the Seattle branch, but one personal problem after another keeps arising to keep us busy. It's going to happen though soon, mark my words!
By btnkdrms
Never got a hint or high-sign regarding this post either.

I'm working towards building a franchise group called Pacific Northwest: Ghostbusters --or just PNW: Ghostbusters for short; pretty much just myself and a friend of mine kicking around with ideas.
By Some_Guy
Bill Carson wrote:formal profit-based franchise
That is a big NO NO.

You do NOT accept a DIME for showing up to places as a Ghostbuster. NOTHING. If you accept anything that goes into your pocket Sony will be on your ass like flies on stink.
By btnkdrms
I agree with Some_Guy and GBFans.com's policies and practices -- Had to take pause and find a way to reply to that question.

PNW: Ghostbusters is just a hobby thing for fun -- I am not an elitist just and enthusiast about the Ghostbusters fan culture.

Seriously, it's just for fun.
By Bill Carson
Thanks to Some_Guy for keeping me out of a lawsuit with Sony.

btnkdrms,

I knew you weren't planning to go to parties to pocket money from the GB franchise. I should have been more clear with my question. I guess what I meant to say is--how serious are you about launching this idea?

I've seen your artwork for the NG patch PNW--nice work!

Do you have other people that are dedicated to making this happen, or is it just us two so far...and the OP if we can find him =).

I have 2 other people at least who want to be involved.

My vision is that I spend about 3-5 hours a week on this project, with monthly (or bi-weekly as needed) tele-conferenced meetings using a VOIP program that you probably already use.

For the first month or two we'd probably need to meet to discuss builds, scheduling, and our individual goals/barriers to those goals, and office positions/responsibilities.

Once we have gathered contact info, and are all (4) on the same page, we can discuss builds. In the meantime we become experts on the rules, discuss do's and don't's, then once we are ready, reach out to the community to help. I'm thinking organizations that tend to help small children who are terminally ill, disabled, or suffer from a mental disorder--public forums.

My expectations are that there will be times when I can spend a lot of time on this project, and times when I won't have time to spare, but I can tell you that I'll be honest every time.

Thoughts?
By btnkdrms
Bill Carson wrote:Thanks to Some_Guy for keeping me out of a lawsuit with Sony.

btnkdrms,

I knew you weren't planning to go to parties to pocket money from the GB franchise. I should have been more clear with my question. I guess what I meant to say is--how serious are you about launching this idea?

No Worries. Its tricky business getting to introduce and know people via text.
I've seen your artwork for the NG patch PNW--nice work!

Do you have other people that are dedicated to making this happen, or is it just us two so far...and the OP if we can find him =).
Thanks for the compliment on the Sasquatch Patch. Other than myself I have one other friend interested in projects related to PNW: Ghostbusters and I have another friend I have been consulting about costume effects and prep-work for uniforms. I'm the only one here on the forums and so far I've been the only one getting on the good foot and trying to get this off the ground somehow. Can't do it alone, right? :D
I have 2 other people at least who want to be involved.
Awesome, this is a good a start as any!
My vision is that I spend about 3-5 hours a week on this project, with monthly (or bi-weekly as needed) tele-conferenced meetings using a VOIP program that you probably already use.

For the first month or two we'd probably need to meet to discuss builds, scheduling, and our individual goals/barriers to those goals, and office positions/responsibilities.
Sounds good.
Once we have gathered contact info, and are all (4) on the same page, we can discuss builds. In the meantime we become experts on the rules, discuss do's and don't's, then once we are ready, reach out to the community to help. I'm thinking organizations that tend to help small children who are terminally ill, disabled, or suffer from a mental disorder--public forums.

My expectations are that there will be times when I can spend a lot of time on this project, and times when I won't have time to spare, but I can tell you that I'll be honest every time.

Thoughts?
I think this can work.
By Mark Conrard
Forgive the lack of updates, I've been persistently and consistently sick with one thing after another with the latest ailment being a summer cold. Btnkdrms, I'll admit that when I got around to reading the exchanges between you and Bill that I was a bit irked, because it seemed that you'd just high jacked my threat to promote your own group. But then I realized, hey, we're all fans here, so there really shouldn't be any animosity just because somebody had the same idea. If you're as interested as I am, which it seems like you are, how about you 'n I work together to bring the PNWGB to life? So to speak. :)

Using rip-stop cotton and custom dye for each char[…]

The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]