This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

The pressure gauge is accurate to the show, which had a round gauge. I was thinking of installing an electrical gauge which would activate with the electronics, such as a volt meter or the ammeter below. But I'm not sure if hooking up such a device would screw up the electronics and cause the chip to malfunction.

(image pulled from Amazon, they also have similar voltmeters)

Voltage meters will not affect any of the electronics. It will simply show voltage available, I was toying the idea of gutting a volt meter and placing it behind the face of the pressure gauge, effectively making it show and go.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

As someone who has built a Real Ghostbusters Proton Pack, I used a volt meter, EctoX borrowed my idea for his. It was purchased at auto zone and is circular and black, When turned on it lights up orange so it was really accurate to the cartoon. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FJU8I0/ref ... B000FJU8I0 Here's the link to amazon for the same one.

TheWug wrote:As someone who has built a Real Ghostbusters Proton Pack, I used a volt meter, EctoX borrowed my idea for his. It was purchased at auto zone and is circular and black, When turned on it lights up orange so it was really accurate to the cartoon. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FJU8I0/ref ... B000FJU8I0 Here's the link to amazon for the same one.
That looks great, and you made an awesome pack. The gauge you picked is probably more reliable than the one I linked to also, and I like the idea of a backlight. Its a relief to hear the load of the meter + backlight didn't place too much of a voltage drop across the rest of your electronics.
Sorry for the lack of updates guys, we had a very busy weekend. We should continue work on the pack tonight.
Progress, progress, progress

Me sanding what I call the "treasure chest"

Worked on mounting everything up, used screws mostly. Also got the U-bolts installed

Whipped up a quick bumper, will sand it down and trim it up. Prob will use it as a template with some more solid wood.

More to come!
looks great, however, if i may, your gearbox is to wide/long. along with the yellow cylinder.

i wanna say that's the nature of these RGB packs is using one set of measurements isn't enough as certain pieces tend to be outta whack.

Other than that, it looks awesome. nothing negative. i love seeing these packs and your is turning out amazing.
It is a little wider than the ref pics, but we adjusted it to fit a Alice pack and my wifes back. So some creative license was used. it was hard to come up with dimensions that made each component happy, and with packs in the park coming up, we need to get it finished. If I ever make another one I will prob make it closer to the actual pack. Thanks for the compliment!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
no worries, you go to packs in the park at disney too ?
This will be our first year. I'm hoping my shell and gun box arrive in time for my gb1 pack. You go to the one in Orlando?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
yeah, i'm with orlando, we've gone for the past 2 years or so, it's a hoot lol, tons o fun
Slow but steady, we have not worked on the pack in a couple of weeks due to other projects and family events. We will most likely begin production again sometime this weekend. The thrower is really the next big thing to tackle and your dimensions will give us a good starting point. Any more progress on your thrower?
nstevic01 wrote:Slow but steady, we have not worked on the pack in a couple of weeks due to other projects and family events. We will most likely begin production again sometime this weekend. The thrower is really the next big thing to tackle and your dimensions will give us a good starting point. Any more progress on your thrower?
Great news. I didn't think you stopped working on it, I was just enjoying seeing it come together so quickly, lol.

I'm almost done with the thrower. I haven't had a chance to work on more plans though. I'm waiting for the knobs to dry (painted them silver) and getting ready to apply some movie decals for an added dose of realism. The next step will be weathering, not too sure how I'll acomplish that. I'll post pics either tomorrow night or the night after.
Wow this is looking great. And thanks for sharing your tricks and specs.
Looking back, I have many more pleasant memories of the series and the toys than I do of the movies. I think I'll end up taking a crack at one of these before long.
Thanks everyone for all of the positive feedback. I promise we will get started on finishing it, most likely tomorrow night. Just had too many b-days, graduations, and of course father's day. So we will set up shop and prob work through til it's done.

As far as doing a mold, if anyone wants to help out with a estimate on cost of materials that would be great, I'm estimating (to do it right) around $900. This of course was based on what it cost to mold a GB1 shell.
FINALLY got to work on the pack again, the pictures don't make it look like much but we got the pack mounted to the ALICE frame and cut the cyclotron lights. Through a series of unfortunate events, we ended up scrapping the 3/4" cyclotron cap and replacing it with 2 1/2" layers, which will make it much easier to mount the lens' and lights. We also started gluing the main pack body together and started prepping for wiring.

We should have some more work done this week, hopefully get started on the thrower.
My GB1 pack is almost done, so we should be able to get back to work on this one. Sometimes you get a million projects thrown in your lap, plus family stuff. But I promise, we will finish it!!
Well guys, we got back to work on the pack and even made some progress:

Thrower is coming right along, to be honest this was the part of the build I was dreading, but once I got started it wasn't too bad.

Chele started painting the components. She also came up with the idea of making the Cyclotron and Bumper on removeable assembly. So now, all we have to do is undo the 4 bolts holding the bumper on and the whole assembly comes off allowing access inside.

Thats it for now.
Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]