For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By skankerzero
My friend and I were looking through the final Ghostbusters build we have backed up and found all the old unlockable characters.

We had Ilyssa working as a main character and that's me on the right.

I'll see about getting screencaps of all the other ones we had working. It's a big list actually. Just figured I'd start with those 2.
rahum liked this
By GhstbstrLMLIII
Alright, I know we'll never get to actually unlock these, but I am really looking forward to seeing "what could have been."
By skankerzero
Yeah, my character team worked their asses off to make all kinds of unlockable main characters, but Threewave didn't get around to ever incorporating them.

We had the haunted ghostbuster uniforms from RGB in there too.

We're not sure if they ever shipped with the final game or not, but if someone was computer savy enough, they could get in there and replace the main player with any of those guys.
By mrmichaelt
Whoa.
joeghostbuster wrote:I need more (highres) screencaps and more information. skankerzero, did you work on the game?
skankerzero was one of the character designers on Terminal's team and was kind enough to answer the tsunami of questions from fans here and on other forums back when TVG came out.
By mrmichaelt
joeghostbuster wrote:very cool. I would love to see some more screens. where is the original thread where he answered questions?
That's a tough one, he posted in a few. Better to look at his post history - is possible at this forum? - than to dig around the TVG forums like I did and kill a few hours.
By skankerzero
yeah, my threads are all over here and gb.net

Still though, it was fun to go back and run the debug build of this. When I have more time, I'll add a lot more stuff. Gotta finish working on my current project first though.
By John Stevens 87
hahaha cheers for this mate,this will look good in the GB photo collection ;) plus the photo of you on the right as a GB is awesome.i wish that you could have put your face in the game along with your name on the name-tag that would have been the s*it :D
By skankerzero
John Stevens 87 wrote:hahaha cheers for this mate,this will look good in the GB photo collection ;) plus the photo of you on the right as a GB is awesome.i wish that you could have put your face in the game along with your name on the name-tag that would have been the s*it :D
Oh, but I AM in the game.

I'm one of the security guards. Harold I think. The one with the goatee. :)
By skankerzero
nah.

The original security guards were supposed to be present day Dan and Harold (thus the names). But they wanted us to work over the weekend to finish the heads in time for deadline for the cinematic. I told them that if I was going to spend my weekend working, then the heads were going to be me and my senior character artist instead. Everyone agreed and the heads were made.

The two guys in the elevator after the stay puft street stage are two Sony executives. They were originally supposed to be the two guys from Ghost Hunters. We made the heads and everything, but couldn't work out all the legal stuff in time, so we defaulted to the Sony execs that wanted to be in the game.
By mrmichaelt
It would have been a nice little reference, imo, to Ghostbusters when Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd also doubled as the two bums Harlan and Robert (but those scenes were deleted of course). The Terminal staff could have 'disguised' them in the opening sequence as well in a similar fashion.
    GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

When you say you only have the proton pack light k[…]

I'm not familiar with this one (is it a model?) […]

Also somewhat related question...I don't see giz[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]