Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By mrmichaelt
Erik Burnham wrote:It's practically like Beatlemania.

(Is that why Tom keeps passing me drumsticks?)
lol, I officially want to see the five of you as a rock band in the background of some panels in a future GB issue.
By mrmichaelt
Erik Burnham wrote:You'll see the four of us (sans Tom) in a story soon.

Luis and I chat with Winston.
Thanks for the tidbit, appreciate it, as always. That sounds a lot cooler than running in abject terror from a bear.

EDIT: Saw Ghostbusters News post this on their Facebook. Is it Tristan Jones' cover for issue #15?
By TristanJones
I was playing around with doing a poster for my Oz Comic Con site. As it was, I went with something else people locally tend to identify me with a little more (ALIEN -- friggin' huge fan), but I printed it off anyway to see how it looked as kind of a "draw" to push the comics I had on the table. People see Stay Puft from a mile away and recognise him :)
By Massacci
Any news on the release date of #11? The wiki had a release date set for today, and I was pretty bummed to find it absent from the shelves at my local comic shop. My provider also couldn't find any data for a release date, so I figured I'd ask here.

Sent from my MT500
By Fritz
Massacci wrote:Any news on the release date of #11? The wiki had a release date set for today, and I was pretty bummed to find it absent from the shelves at my local comic shop. My provider also couldn't find any data for a release date, so I figured I'd ask here.
Today was the date originally solicited, but the last couple issues have come out later in the month that Previews said they would. It's not on Diamond's list for next week, either--it'll probably be released on the 18th, which would be just about right for a month after #10
By Kingpin
Couple more:
This Post Contains Spoilers
By mrmichaelt
Kingpin wrote:Couple more:
Nice catch! That looks like the Veve of the Papa Legba, "the intermediary between the loa and humanity. He stands at a spiritual crossroads..." Kinda neat, he's basically the Voodoo version of the Gatekeeper. The moon is also associated with his Petro form - Met Kafou Legba, a trickster who often causes chaos.
Excellent job, Kingpin! Was wondering about those joints. I haven't tracked it yet but I think Redbone Ribs might also be a music band/song reference.
Very cool, looks to be at least one fan per issue of Haunted America then!
Paul Rudoff identified the
By mrmichaelt
Kingpin wrote:The paper in front of lenny appears to say "physical requirements".
That makes sense. Thanks!
Fritz wrote:Dan really likes that scene, I think. This is at least the third time he's drawn it; once was even RGB style. :lol:
Yes, I believe it is the third time. In case anyone hasn't seen them yet, here's the other renditions by Schoening that Fritz was alluding to:

1) Movie Version 1.0 10/24/2008

2) The RGB one was back from 10/28/2010!
By groschopf
aaaAAAAWWWW GEEK OUT!
Le geek... c'est chic.

Sooooooooo looking forward to this story arc.
Reminds me of the story of Bill Murray getting in a fight with Chevy Chase back in the SNL days.
As Bill allegedly proclaimed during that scuffle, "medium talent!"

By GhstbstrLMLIII
That cover is just awesome! This is one they've been building to from the beginning of the on-going series and I can't wait.
By mrmichaelt
This excerpt from the #14 synopsis, "the science behind their methods is making Egon nervous" sounds familiar. "Robo-Buster" familiar. The implications are "Twinkie" level bad. Between Ron's group and Eugene Visitor, it'll be interesting to see what happens with this 3 parter (if Eugene and Death are even involved).

I'm wondering what P.C.O.C. 's role in this would be. I'm sure Peck would love to dump the Ghostbusters and take Ron's outfit up and give them all the contracts and permits instead. Peck clearly doesn't care for Peter but he's not that dense, he has to figure out there was a leak somewhere in his staff and that's how Ron invented his equipment. Otherwise, someone else would have years ago.
By gEkX
groschopf wrote:aaaAAAAWWWW GEEK OUT!
Le geek... c'est chic.

Sooooooooo looking forward to this story arc.
Reminds me of the story of Bill Murray getting in a fight with Chevy Chase back in the SNL days.
As Bill allegedly proclaimed during that scuffle, "medium talent!"
Play while viewing:

Fixed ;)
By Letmebleed75
gEkX wrote:Just wanted to say it was really cool meeting all you guys.

Sent from my Motorola MT500 using Ghostbuster Fans on Android :cool:
Seconded!
By mrmichaelt
Dan Schoening posted about SDCC along with some photos. One of Schoening, Delgado, Jones, and Burnham in a GB pose and no cross rip reported! Tom Waltz also did a photo with them. Really, really cool seeing all five together.

Link: Hey Folks!
By mrmichaelt
Here's the preview for Issue #11, out this Wednesday. Via MTV Geek!

Groovy seeing two famous landmarks and a bunch of GB equipment from the movies and RGB. And the agent looks rather familiar, hee hee.
By Kingpin
Wait a minute... that UFO... that isn't... that isn't the ship from Flight of the Navigator, is it? :)

And I thought that group of UFO-searchers was familiar, it wasn't until I used the zoom option that it clicked: It's the team from Evolution!
By mrmichaelt
Haunted America Part 3
The only real critique I have so far with Haunted America is the busts are rather anticlimactic. I get there is only 20 pages to work with but I wish we could get a longer fight between the GBs and the entity with some exchanges.

Who Killed Laura Parr?
Easter eggs so far

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]