By Magickman
Hey everyone.

Look what I in the process of purchasing.
I'm going to change the back and side glass, and replace the 1961 fins and bumpers with 1959's....I have a long way to go, but I'm going to enjoy every minute of it. I got it for a really good deal from a really great guy. I'm looking forward to starting on it.

-Jeremy
By Willy Wonka
DUDE!! Where do you find a car like that?
By river_of_slime
Magickman wrote: Hey everyone.
I'm going to change the back and side glass, and replace the 1961 fins and bumpers with 1959's....I have a long way to go, but I'm going to enjoy every minute of it. I got it for a really good deal from a really great guy. I'm looking forward to starting on it.
-Jeremy

Do you know how freaking hard that would be dude? It will take a extrmly good body maker and it wont be cheap. Your better off just keeping it how she is then wasting a shit load of money on turning it into a 59. Read this thread from the pervious owner of the car posted, he wanted to do the same thing, and look at the replys. Those guys are the experts on pro cars

http://www.professionalcar.org/forums/s ... php?t=6079
By Kingpin

It would cost significantly less just to convert it into an Ecto as is... it appears to be a perfectly decent car and in great condition... no need to go altering it and possibly ruin it in the process.

You know the saying, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.
By Magickman
AJ Quick wrote: Another member here owns that car.. unless that is you..

Just bought it from them. And as far as the "converting"....without going into a long speech, I know mine will not be 100% accurate, but I'm going to make more accurate than just leaving the body alone.

Thanks

Jeremy
By RoboProp
Hope you got your funds in order because that lady will cost you a fortune to restore, let alone convert to an Ecto.

Have you even priced out the parts yet?

Darrin
By Magickman
Yeah, I've priced out various parts. This is going to be a "long project". As far as funds, I've got a budget that is configured for "long-term" and several friends that are experts in auto-body, auto painting, machine work (for example: my father is classifed as a Master Machinst with over 20 years experience and his own metal lathe.) So, I got a few things covered. This is not a "quick turn around" project and I know this. What I also know is that when I have it finished it will be a 1 of a kind, unique Ecto-1 that is customized to my specs.

-Jeremy
By Magickman
Well, here is one of my "modifacation" pictures on what I plan to do to the back glass eventually. The car has begun to be stripped in the pic, so no one freak out.

By Willy Wonka
HOLY %#@*!!!! WHAT DID YOU DO!!!!
By Magickman
Willy Wonka wrote: HOLY %#@*!!!! WHAT DID YOU DO!!!!

What do you mean, WHAT DID DO!!!!?
Magickman wrote:The car has begun to be stripped in the pic, so no one freak out.

Glad to see no one freaked out..... :wink:
By uscm buzz
Guys calm down.. its his car.. if he feels he needs to convert it into something else.. then thats his call.. after all its his vehicle.. nobody likes to be told what to do with there own stuff.. and you never know it may come out nice.. as far as what he did.. it appears he just photoshoped some grey areas on the car to show how the glass will be modded..
By Magickman
uscm buzz wrote: it appears he just photoshoped some grey areas on the car to show how the glass will be modded..

BINGO! The glass and the new framing. :D
By rook3
Do you have any pics of the interior?

Russ
By Ecto96
What did you do, Ray?! XD Hey if he can do that with his car, make it into a more authentic ecto, more power to him, I say
By Willy Wonka
After lots of crying :cry: , I trust that you will be able to rebuild it stornger, faster, better than before.
By Magickman
Willy Wonka wrote: After lots of crying :cry: , I trust that you will be able to rebuild it stornger, faster, better than before.

We can rebuild him...hmmm...I mean it, we have the technology. We have the capability to make the worlds first 1961/1959 Hybrid Ecto. Steve Austin....hmmm...I mean this 1961 Cadiallc will be that vehicle. Better than it was before. Better. Stronger. Faster.
By Ecto96
Yes but if it makes that ticking sound when he puts his foot on the gas, that's not necessarily a good thing. In fact, odds and bets are, it's a BAD thing.
By uscm buzz
Ok I have to ask.. Where are you getting the parts of a 59 caddy to put on your 61?.. are you removing these parts from a 59?..I think that may be blasfemy.. not sure..
By Ecto96
IT'S A SIN!!! Unless the 59's already ripped apart. Heck on ebay a while ago I saw just the front fenders/bumper/doors to a 59 caddi, that was it.
By Magickman
Ecto96 wrote: Yes but if it makes that ticking sound when he puts his foot on the gas, that's not necessarily a good thing. In fact, odds and bets are, it's a BAD thing.

What in hell are you talking about, ticking sound?
By Magickman
uscm buzz wrote: Ok I have to ask.. Where are you getting the parts of a 59 caddy to put on your 61?.. are you removing these parts from a 59?..I think that may be blasfemy.. not sure..

I have a source that sells 59 parts. They have fenders, hoods, rear quarters, bumpers, whatever you need.
Ecto96 wrote: IT'S A SIN!!! Unless the 59's already ripped apart. Heck on ebay a while ago I saw just the front fenders/bumper/doors to a 59 caddi, that was it.

Well, I was planning on buying a perfectly mint 59 for around $40K to $100K (which ever suited me best), stripping it apart, and then setting fire to the rest, but I couldn't get the permit for that big a bond fire where I live. :roll::twisted::lol::wink:
By Ecto96
Ok the ticking sound I was referring to was that sound they had the 6mil dollar man make whenever he did something 'special'

And so far as in the whole mint 59 and ripping it apart... I hope to god you're joking, if not, I'm going to come over there and stab you with a SPORK.
By Magickman
Ecto96 wrote: Ok the ticking sound I was referring to was that sound they had the 6mil dollar man make whenever he did something 'special'

Oh okay, that makes much more sence.
Ecto96 wrote: And so far as in the whole mint 59 and ripping it apart... I hope to god you're joking, if not, I'm going to come over there and stab you with a SPORK.

Yeah, I was joking. Wow, I haven't seen a spork since the last time I was at KFC. I think the spork was one of the greatest inventions of all time. It's not a spoon, it's not a fork. No, it's better than both (minus the fact it's plastic and breaks extremely easily).
By Ecto96
Fear the almighty spork! Muwahahahahahaha.

If Gozer or Vego had had one, I think our boys would have been in serious trouble.

Spork, it's what's breaking and shoving a little piece of plastic in your eye.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]