We would like to thank Karnivorous Creations for making our shells and bumpers for us. He also made Tullybuster's gun body!

Otherwise all of the rest of the pieces we are going to make, hopefully friday. I received all of the aluinum and just finished cutting out the pieces for the ion arm

ion arms

All of the aluminum for two packs, I should start welding them tomorrow, weather permitting.

The motherboards, or what will be

Thankfully i have my own guard ghost, who is protecting all of the pieces i have been aquiring over the last few months! Man i cant wait till friday!
Small update:

I was able to glue and nail the ion arms together, then i sanded them. I then drilled holes for all the resistors and the other goodies. I am going to woodputty and paint tomorrow. Here is a pict of my progress.

Let me know what you think
Thanks for helping me out with this, man. We will have a power-build this weekend!
We have gotten a lot of work done in the last two days, here are some picts of the process

I am filling in the seam in the wood ion arm, so now its seamless
SO HOT, cooling off...lol
light check pls

So the lights work and light the pack up beautifully. Unfortunately my shell didn't arrive in the mail, so this is only tullybuster's pack. Mine should be arriving Monday, so i have some good practice when mine does come in.
Garvin Ghostbuster wrote:Looking good. But why a wooden Ion arm? Just wondering since the rest of the parts are metal.
As this is my pack, I'm content with having a wooden ion arm for the time being. We are trying to make it by Cyphan, a sci-fi convention in Chicago at the end of the month. Later on, we will try to replace those wooden parts with metal ones. Just cheaper at the moment.
Well, the teeth are my mistake, and the wooden ion arm is like tully said, mostly due to cost, The idea was to have the pack that i could make, and by the end of all this you wont be able to tell that it is wood, However the main reason is that i just wanted to do it. I wanted to say i built one before i bought one
Garvin Ghostbuster wrote:I know what ya mean by cheap. Ive been wanting to start another build but I just dont have the cash like I did with my first two. It looks damn good.
We appreciate the sentiment. That aluminum motherboard kicked our asses until we found the proper cutting tools for it. After that, everything else is going along much faster. It's out of my hands now though, so I won't see the final product until next week....
Well here is the progress report, Catch22 and i put a few hours in, and its looking good

The speaker is mounted, its not going to be hooked up just yet, since he doesnt have an amp or sound chip just yet, but i had an extra one from a previous car. Its easier installing now than later.
Here is the side that will be facing the alice frame. Showing the screws
I staged a few items, but its starting to look like a pack to me!
From the opposite angle!

Let me know what you guys think!
Here is today's update, we didnt get a lot done, mostly a lot of wet sanding and painting. However we did get the booster and booster plug constructed, we will sand and paint it tomorrow

I know its kind of hard to see but there is resin in there

Tubes glued in place

Crank knob is painted and ready to be attached

We should get more done tomorrow
nick-a-tron wrote:Looks good! Dont forget the flip the booster frame ;)
THANKS!!!!! i would have been in trouble otherwise!
today's partial update, We are still working though

and also a side project
Coming along nicely, guys! :) One question though, the longer of the two resistors on the Ion Arm, is that now fixed into position? It looks awfully close to the booster tube, when it probably should be closer to the metal ion arm cap.
belldandy4087 wrote:and also a side project
Hah, excellent. Never get bored of seeing another replica of Janine's alarm button.
Yeah, i thought so too, i am going to move it, but fortunately it is on my ion arm and not his, i dont have a picture of it yet, but i moved his further up.
And @ kingpin, whats more its a working replica, I should have more pictures for you today!
And today's update

I didnt take a lot of pictures, we were trying to get things done, the only thing i got a build picture of was the booster tube primed

Just to reinterate this is Tullybuster's pack, not mine. I unfortunately had my shell supplier skip out on me. So I learned a lot for when i finally do get a shell.

Monday should see the pack finished. All thats left is to get the lights mounted in the pack, install the end cap for the ion arm, install the last 2 legris elbows, finish the Nfilter, and make the plate for the dixie bracket to go on.
Beautiful, man! It's a real bummer that you're having comm breakdown with the supplier......
Today's update, we are as done as we can be until the last pieces come in the mail.
So what do you guys think!
To reiterate from earlier:

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.....
Thanks nicatron, we are going to do that soon,

My shell finally came in, I am in the process of making my parts, Sorry for the lack of pictures, but today was the day of a million projects,

here you can see my injectors and beam tubes being filled with resin. I know its going to add some weight to the pack however its the best i can do since i dont have a way to weld the aluminum. the little sticks comming out of them are bolts we suspended in the resin so all we have to do is bolt them in and cut off the access.

here they are sanded and cleaned and waiting for a coat of paint. I have them painted but i forgot to take a pict. I also have the pdd cut and painted but again i was in such a hurry i forgot.

The Ion arm is giving me a little grief. I am not sure why when the one i made for tullybuster turned out so well, So i coated it in fiberglass resin. I am going to sand it down tomorrow. it should give me the smoothness i want.

More pictures to follow tomorrow.
I was able to try something new today. Lathing. With the help of Catch22! i lathed the two plugs i will need hold the tube that comes from the vacuum tube and goes to the Gearbox. I will need a lot of practice before i do any chairs but i feel i did well enough for my first try.

End Result
Not pretty but functional.

I then scored the inside of the Aluminum Vacuum tube and put some epoxy on the plug and set in. It should be all set for when i want to install it!

for those of you who dont know me personally. The main reason i built the Slimeblower and now the Proton pack is to learn new things. Which is exactly what i was able to do today.
I am glad to report that my pack is almost done. The ribbon cable, the beam lines, The HGA, all of the Resistors, PDD, and the hardware were all installed. I also drilled the holes for the speaker
I just used an old speaker cover from work as my template

And before you ask where my nfilter is. The story behind that is the shell was designed to hold a Nfilter 2 3/4" in diameter. The stock i bought before i got my shell is 3". So Alan Hawkins was kind enough to send me one of his nfilters he designed that would fit. Thanks again! So i should be able to install that soon.

Man those metal stickers look sharp!

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]