Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By mrmichaelt
Erik Burnham wrote:I wish I had more space for each location, too. It's the down side to this kind of rapid-fire storyline!
Makes me long for an annual. I pray sales for Haunted America justify one getting greenlit.

EDIT: Forgot to add. Some of the sickest visuals I loved were
This Post Contains Spoilers
By mrmichaelt
TristanJones wrote:Cheers dude! I was particularly proud of that panel, but you ain't seen nothing until you see #12's... ;)

Glad you guys dig it. It kinda sucks not seeing ANY mention of this stuff in the reviews... I don't think I've worked harder on anything so far...
Oh...! Always the tease. It's cool to see the Slime Blower getting some usage in this 4 parter.

Any plans to revisit Laura or the phantom trucker in a future P.C.O.C. file or is it another 4 part story from you in #13-16?

That's too bad to hear, it's a good thing Twitter makes a fine pedestal to voice this injustice. :angryvigo:
By Scottb
I have to say, I read a lot of comics and this is one of the (probably THE) most visually detailed. I find myself reading it three times the day it comes out just to notice all the references and sight gags. Not to say the writing isnt superb as well. "Bunts are for cowards". Keep up the amazing work, guys.
By GhstbstrLMLIII
Another great read. And it's been said, but I'll confirm: "Bunts are for cowards." was the best line of the book!

And Tristan - loved the close-up on the
By Soul_Wrangler
Inflammatory dialogue is the wrong term. Maybe more along the idea that Egon will seemingly say something completely out of character-- "your mother!"-- but it somehow is his character at the same time. Anyway, its a kudos.
By mrmichaelt
Some more interesting easter eggs from #11
Still trying to I.D. those two guys walking around when Peter and Ortiz leave the cafe.
By mrmichaelt
Sorta wanted to claw my eyes out for seeing this (because it would have been a great surprise but heck it's the Internet era) but Mr. Burnham dropped a bomb about #13 on his Twitter today. I'll put it in spoiler tags cause it's that cool, imo.
Okay. With that aside, YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Carnacki
Erik Burnham wrote:As much as I would have loved to keep it a surprise, wanna energize the fanbase, bring numbers up, you know. (;

It would have been spoiled in its entirety by the usual preview.

However, there is a surprise later in the book...
Argh! Why must you tease us so when we have to wait two whole months before getting our hands on that issue?!

Just read #11. You folks are putting out the BEST comic book series on stands in years. You should all be proud!

One easter egg I haven't seen mentioned just yet (I could be wrong about this, so feel free to correct me): Page 20, first panel, it looks like those two characters walking in the background are Ralph and Bill from the Greatest American Hero series.
By mrmichaelt
Carnacki wrote:Argh! Why must you tease us so when we have to wait two whole months before getting our hands on that issue?!
Orders got to be done in advance for your LCS but lol, had the same reaction at first.
One easter egg I haven't seen mentioned just yet (I could be wrong about this, so feel free to correct me): Page 20, first panel, it looks like those two characters walking in the background are Ralph and Bill from the Greatest American Hero series.
Thank you, Carnacki. I was stuck on who those two were. I think that's also the alien ship from Greatest American Hero in the first panel of page one.
By Razorgeist
Oh crap I completley forgot about this forum.

Thanks for listing all the cameos mrmichaelt

I actaully didnt notice a few of them. Wanted to include my own if I may.
By mrmichaelt
Razorgeist wrote:Thanks for listing all the cameos mrmichaelt

I actaully didnt notice a few of them. Wanted to include my own if I may.
You're welcome, Razorgeist. Glad they were of use to you! And now that you mention it, that does look like him.
By Fritz
Fritz Babbles About Ghostbusters #11:
See you next month, for the conclusion of "Haunted America" and "Who Killed Laura Parr?".
:)
By Razorgeist
TristanJones wrote:Cheers dude! I was particularly proud of that panel, but you ain't seen nothing until you see #12's... ;)

Glad you guys dig it. It kinda sucks not seeing ANY mention of this stuff in the reviews... I don't think I've worked harder on anything so far...
I love the fact that you're using Ecto-1 as an action car.
By egie
Well I just ordered issue 4 to read for the first time, im a bit behind on these issues but should be able to catch up on this great series. Im really happy about these comics, it gives us a great new Ghostbusters adventure! That new issue is really cool!!! Definatley gonna pick that up when I get the chance! I can only imagine how rare thats gonna be in the future, and it will be a nice reminder of my childhood if I still posess it as an adult.
By TristanJones
mrmichaelt wrote:Tristan posted the second of two Issue #9 RI-B covers for Ghostbusters Fans. Ghostbusters Fans Cover

Shout out if you spotted yourself! I believe I'm the one holding the Tobin's Spirit Guide over on the right side of the cover.
This is correct... hope it's okay! All these likenesses are hard to hit on tithe cover scale...!
By mrmichaelt
TristanJones wrote:This is correct... hope it's okay! All these likenesses are hard to hit on tithe cover scale...!
It's totally rad! I feel lucky to have been both a ghost (though I naturally object to being trapped heh) and on a cover. I was stoked when I saw the Tobin's Spirit Guide. I was, "Yes! It's in there! He listened!" :mrgreen:
By Kingpin
mrmichaelt wrote:Shout out if you spotted yourself! I believe I'm the one holding the Tobin's Spirit Guide over on the right side of the cover.
That's me with the dark hair and Ecto Goggles. :)
By mrmichaelt
Tristan posted it on Facebook as well - complete with I.D. pop up balloon thingies.
Nonagon wrote:That's me in the waaaay back with my arms flailing in the air.

Seems pretty accurate to me. :D
lol, I figured it was Winston's I love this town pose from the end of the first movie.
Kingpin wrote:That's me with the dark hair and Ecto Goggles. :)
Cools. Who's appeared the most in the comics, you or Patrick Creel?

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]