First I followed TheRockman's great build HERE.
I recommend anyone who is looking to create their first Gizmo with out too much fuss go read through his tutorial. I used Exoray's images for the print out which is a great resource.

My build differs from TheRockman's only in a few places:
I used a piece of acrylic from Lowes instead of styrene for the board
I did not put LEDs in the pen tubes that stand in for the nixies (though I will be looking for a small string to place behind them , maybe)
Inside the pen tubes I used a small piece of vellum, essentially semi transparent paper like tracing paper with a crudely hand drawn digital number shape, this is in case I do decide to illuminate from behind. The wires into the base of each faux-nixie are from an old ethernet cable I cannibalized. I drilled holes using my dremel and thread the wires from the back of the board up into each tube and then secured base with a bit of hot glue.
For the wire behind the white chips I used some gold floral wire from Michaels instead of paper clips.
I used some black foam core for the black Sanyo chips and 1/8 styrene for the white ships instead of all styrene.

For the holster I have used those black Foamies sheets you can purchase at Michaels or Joann's Fabrics. The sheet that actually holds everything to the belt is the thicker variety which I believe is 6mm and the front piece that overlaps the gizmo is the thinner type. At first it may seem the foamies material isn't strong enough but I believe it will hold up well, atleast for Halloween.

The round bits under the nixies were also made using some thin green foamie sheet cut into small double circles like a figure eight folded over some floral wire and super glued.

I didn't think to take pictures in the process on the main board but I took a few on the daughter board.
So for the daughter board I remembered to take some in progress shots.
I decided to make the daughter board refer back to design elements from the main board.

Board with sticker attached and some holes drilled.

Snip some floral wires to length.

Bend them.

Insert

Fold over the excess on the back side. Here you can see the screw on the back to hold the tape measure clip.

Repeat that a bunch

Take some bits of wire

a couple more foam core chips

and a few of those fake capacitors

Mix well and finish with some hot glue on the back.

Thanks for looking at my first Gizmo and I hope this helps some other folks out there.
Looks great! Thanks for the inspiration.
Thanks for the kind responses. I remembered to hit the daughter board with some clear acrylic before I mounted the goodies on it but I forgot to do that for the main board so I think I may mask off the tubes etc near the top and give it a light coat just to protect the sticker a little better.
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

Apparently there are rumours of another announce[…]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]