Yep
Got some more fabrication done today. I figured out the thrower mount, I based it on the RGB packs that ThePinkGhostbuster put together. Except I modified mine to angle the thrower to make it easier to grab.

More to come!
Things have been absolutely crazy. We are in the final week before our first outing and I have been busting ass trying to get this pack done, hence the lack of updates. Well I have a few, and the pack is almost done. Wiring has been a bitch to say the least, I have used close to 80ft of wire. I have the 2 main switches rigged up to a series of relays that control the various components. It was necessary since there are 3 freaking power sources in the pack, a 3v, 9v, and 12v supply. But I am happy to say that is all works, I will be finalizing the wand wiring tonight and still need to find a spot for the speaker. I am hoping I can fire it up tonight as an assembled pack.

Here are some shots of the tip I fabricated from wood with an LED sunk in the tip. Still needs paint though.

And my little pain in the ass, a hand built LED circuit for the Power Cell. I set it up so that the two outer rows will chase together and the middle row will chase in reverse. Actually looks pretty cool when it's fired up.

If I may make a suggestion: I've never used those Enercell batteries before, so I don't know how heavy they are, BUT if you're using C or D-cell batteries, I HIGHLY recommend Energizer Lithium Ion rechargeable D-Cells. They have a long life, they're rechargeable, and they are SUPER lightweight.
They are the Radio Shack house brand. I've been wiring and testing with them for about a week now. They have probably been run on average 1-2 hours per night.

I was considering rechargeable, however, the typical rechargeable D-Cell battery is only capable of delivering 1-3 amps. The typical Alkaline D-Cell battery is capable of 12-17 amps providing much longer life and at a lower cost. The startup cost for a rechargeable setup was considerable, about $30-40 in batteries plus the charger. At that point it would have been better to go with the eBay lithium alarm battery, but since the 12 volt line is only running the amp and a couple of leds it wasn't worth the investment.

They way the pack is configured, it only consumes about .75 amps per hour. Meaning while playing audio and running lights it could last about 17 hours on a single set of alkaline batteries (which run about $10 for a set of 8 D's). Most likely the pack would only be used a couple of times a year meaning I would only need to toss a set of batteries at it once every 12 months or so.

The pack with the batteries isn't too bad, I'd guess it weighs around 35 lbs. I'll have to find out for sure once it is fully assembled.
Well here she is in all her glory, I will get more pictures and even a video up later.

Crazy1van liked this
nstevic01 wrote:Image
I like how you made your wire rack, now why didn't I think of doing that. I'm gonna have to steal.......mmmmmm......use that idea. :wink:
Hahaha, yeah, it was literally a lightbulb moment. I was like there has to be a way to hold these, so I threw it together with some PVC and clamps. I'll be making a better one once the packs are done.
Here is some more:

Kingpin liked this
It's an air hose we got at harbor freight. They sell a few different colors there. I'm sure you can find it on Amazon too.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]