Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By mrmichaelt
Tristan did get to draw Vigo in Issue #8, and who knows what his content will be in Issues #14-16 will be. Still might see Vigo. Plus Tristan might return to contribute in the future since we know this title will go on forever. ;)
By Kingpin
For f***'s sake, I'm getting fed up of the wires in my head getting crossed.

I meant Dan drawing Vigo, rather than it just being a photo of the prop.
By mrmichaelt
Kingpin wrote:I meant Dan drawing Vigo, rather than it just being a photo of the prop.
Oh, ok. Mmm, I think it's possible we might see a Dandition if these Janosz interludes continue (like how the Ron Alexander ones were every 3 issues).

Speaking of Mr. Schoening, he's started his annual 13 Ghosts tradition on his deviantArt. here's the first one
By mrmichaelt
Kingpin wrote:Mars Attacks The Real Ghostbusters serves as January's Ghostbusters installment, with #17 appearing in February.
That makes sense. Thanks, Kingpin. Should be a boon for the staff in terms of the production process - covers, penciling, coloring, scripting.
By rahum
Kingpin wrote:Mars Attacks The Real Ghostbusters serves as January's Ghostbusters installment, with #17 appearing in February.
This is exactly the information I came here looking for. I was updating my comic buying schedule and got a little worried when I didnt see #17 on IDW's list in January. Glad this series isnt ending :):cool:
By hurricaneandy
So once again I keep seeing the next GB issue advertised to come out on a certain date and I go to the store and they don't have it... and then I check IDW's "new this wednesday" column (which doesn't come out till late in the day) and find the new GB issue not listed.

Does IDW have some sort of weird issue with releasing these comics on schedule? At the back of every Dark Horse comic they list the exact day the next issue will be available, and it's never failed me, you can get the next issue on the advertised date.

I love IDW's GB monthly, I hope Dan, Eric and Luis stay on board for a very long time. I buy both A & B covers every month in a small effort to support the title, I got into a heated argument in a comic shop when a random customer told another customer that it was crap (because he thought it was one of the earlier mini-series). I just wish they would advertise an on sale date, and meet that on sale date. It seems like that hasn't happened since the first few issues.
By Erik Burnham
The skip month in January will likely help -- we'll have things in the can SOONER and that should ease any hassles. Lots of little things over the last year added up to eat away at our lead time (some our fault, some not!)... that said, we can at least say we've been in the shops every month, same team. (:
By mrmichaelt
hurricaneandy wrote:So once again I keep seeing the next GB issue advertised to come out on a certain date and I go to the store and they don't have it... and then I check IDW's "new this wednesday" column (which doesn't come out till late in the day) and find the new GB issue not listed.

Does IDW have some sort of weird issue with releasing these comics on schedule?

I got into a heated argument in a comic shop when a random customer told another customer that it was crap (because he thought it was one of the earlier mini-series). I just wish they would advertise an on sale date, and meet that on sale date. It seems like that hasn't happened since the first few issues.
For whatever reason, Diamond (the distributor) lists the comic's placeholder date at the third Wednesday of the month when we all know it always comes out the last Wednesday of the month. It wasn't until this week Monday for example that the October 31st release date for #14 was finalized. The one week shift has happened ~90% of the time. I think it's out of IDW's hands once the comic is printed and sent for distribution and it's up to Diamond.
Erik Burnham wrote:The skip month in January will likely help -- we'll have things in the can SOONER and that should ease any hassles. Lots of little things over the last year added up to eat away at our lead time (some our fault, some not!)... that said, we can at least say we've been in the shops every month, same team. (:
But I bet the fans that went to SDCC loved that you all on the staff came.
By mrmichaelt
Dan Schoening posted the Volume 3 back cover on deviantArt. Dana's off limits but I guess Oscar was okay. And if you haven't been keeping up, Dan's 13 Ghosts is pretty sick. In particular, loved his takes on Blinkers, The Chairman, and Pappy Sargassi. I think Burnham is still doing them? And Jones is posting some sick Dino Riders art.
Erik Burnham wrote:I think Dan, Jones, and Luis were getting marriage proposals.

I did show off my ability to disappear like Batman; maybe that's why so few people noticed me there. (;
Really? I heard drones of women were chasing after Luis like that opening of one of those Austin Powers movies. Or am I confusing that story with everyday for Luis? ;)
By mrmichaelt
If anyone doesn't want to wait until the traditional preview articles, Spook Central posted his preview of #14. Love it already. That was a hilarious way to return a character from the first arc. But kind of disturbing...
By LandoSystem
Ha! Spies Like Us easter egg! Love it.

I also really like that franchise rejection letter.
By Scottb
Not enough people at my shop buy this comic, so they never get in the RI covers. This makes me want to die. Taxi Driver is one of my favorite movies. Its gonna be a bummer having to buy this off the internet, but I probably won't have a choice. Stop referencing my favorite albums and movies on the variant covers when I can't get them!!
By Razorgeist
Erik Burnham wrote:The skip month in January will likely help -- we'll have things in the can SOONER and that should ease any hassles. Lots of little things over the last year added up to eat away at our lead time (some our fault, some not!)... that said, we can at least say we've been in the shops every month, same team. (:

As long as you guys keep up the great work I'll be satisfied.
By JayTigran
another stellar issue guys. The GhostSmashers are defiantly out of their league. Can't wait to see where it goes from here.
This Post Contains Spoilers
By Dapper Dan
Happy Hallowe'en everyone! Thanks for all the kind comments, we are all happy to hear you guys enjoy the book as much as we enjoy making it! Be sure to pick up issue 14 today, and see if you can find all the Hallowe'en treats inside! Cheers :)
By GhstbstrLMLIII
Picked up the issue and read it over lunch. Another great one guys.
By mrmichaelt
Main Story: Yeah, it don't look good. While the Spirit Guide's form was rather disturbing...what he said about the dimensional shifting sounds real bad. Maybe even one or two Big Bads sneak out for a future storyline. But Ray seems to allude to the fact they might be facing a conglomerate entity like in "Robo-Buster" Hope this means they get to bust out some of the gear from past issues.

I bet Peter would like to continue studying explosive dispersal with Slimer lol. That was interesting for him and Peck to converse like that without getting into a...well you know.

Well played with the Egon and Janine sub plot. Where's that dang Gris-Gris when you need it. Egon's analysis though is funny enough a decent explanation for the Louis flirtation in GB2.

Yeah and I guess if you didn't like Ron yet, you will when see him shove Ray down.

PCOC: Nice to see to some background on Ron and that alluded to franchise rejection. Correct if I'm wrong, that's a Juvenile Correctional Center record?

Easter Eggs
EDIT: Ah, yeah! Here's a preview of Cover A for Issue #15
By Dean_WInchester
Love this comic and have been collecting it eagerly since issue 1 (though my shop under ordered issue 2 so I had to buy it off of here) and can't wait to see where it heads. Now all we need is an animated series in the wonderful style of these book and I will be in GB heaven!
By mrmichaelt
GhstbstrLMLIII wrote:On the cover to 15:
Hmm. Now that you mention it...
By Vee
The hot dog bit: I was laughing so freakin' hard. It got me some stares in the lunchroom today. That scene was brilliantly written. Another excellent issue! And a good thing about Halloween falling in the middle of the week this year is that I was able to pick up my comics in costume (shortly after my $2 burrito). It must have been quite a sight.
Girl wearing a GB uniform.
Holding an issue of GB monthly.
Examining some GB merchandise.
GEE WHIZ, I WONDER WHAT HER FAVORITE SERIES IS.
I got to talk shop with a couple of the guys there about props and costuming. Made for a pretty awesome day.
I can't wait to see how this all turns out. The PCOC files in the back were pretty interesting. Added some depth to Ron's character! I can't figure out if I dislike him more or feel a little bit sympathetic (HINT: I DON'T LIKE HIM.)
By Erik Burnham
The issue surprised me while writing it.

I wasn't expecting borderline civility between Peck and Venkman (it helps that neither like Ron.)

I also wasn't expecting Ron to shove Ray!

The fact that he's like an unrepentant Peter is a lot of fun to throw into the mix, though. It's good to have a love-to-hate guy in there that isn't Peck!

And no one has pointed out a joke on page one yet... huh. (;
Razorgeist liked this
By mrmichaelt
Erik Burnham wrote:And no one has pointed out a joke on page one yet... huh. (;
The guys on the sleds could have just hit the brakes?

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]