This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By belldandy4087
Hi all, this is one of my projects i am working on. Its a 1872 AC electric Fire bell.
I have the square d switch as well, just waiting for the base to come in the mail.
I took the wire brush to it today, now i have to primer it then paint it. I am really excited to get this done!
By belldandy4087
I would, if the video card on my tower hadnt had died. I will work on that!
By belldandy4087
ask and ye shall receive! I should have more pictures up tomorrow, i am going to be doing some painting and body work on it!

My bell isnt the same but still should look nice, I cant seem to find any information on what they used in the movie.
By belldandy4087
Just got back from working on the bell. I am impressed how much we got done!

the mounting box is sanded and ready from primer
the main body is sanded , ready for primer, and all of the electronics, cleaned and gone over
the striker arm has been sanded, smoothed, polished and sprayed with a clear enamel to lock in the nice shine
the bell, (shown here half way through) has been sanded, smoothed and lightly sanded again so it would be ready for paint tomorrow, and the back of the bell has been sanded as well and sprayed with a rust inhibitor to help protect it!
Not shown, is the transformer that has been wired to bring the 110v from a wall outlet down to 12.6v that the bell can handle. And the cover for the electronics has gotten some body work to get the dings out and covered in paint striper to remove the paint without damaging the tags.
All and all i call it a good night,
By belldandy4087
well, the bell is finished here are some pictures

I am really impressed on how well it came out. I just need to wait till the base of the button comes in then i can finish wiring it.
By belldandy4087
Here is an update!

And for the surprise ending! Click the link to watch the video!
http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x250 ... 135222.mp4
By belldandy4087
:eyeroll: Thanks!

Well, i finally got the last piece to this project!

The plate shown above was cheaper than i expected, which is good.

front

In the box is the transformer that drops the wall voltage of 110v to 12v which the bell can handle. I am amazed by the fact this bell is over 100 years old and still works. Whats more that it takes AC current. I guess it goes to show that they built things to last back then. Thanks for all the awesome comments. I hope you enjoy this as much as i do.

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]