Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By mrmichaelt
Erik Burnham wrote:Funny story about how that team was chosen when I started beating out this arc.

Logic... it was logic... (;
Uhhh, yeah. The first one won't make sense until this month's issue I guess. The next two make sense. The fourth one was an interesting choice. Not that keen on the jumpsuits yet.
Would you guys feel better if I did a Twittercast on Monday to answer any and all questions that I can? (;
Or at a designated forum.
By Erik Burnham
I was actually thinking of differently-colored jumpsuits altogether, but I would be a fool to stand in Luis' way. (;

Seriously, this Monday, I'll do a Twittercast live @ 7pm Central (8pm Eastern, 5pm Pacific).

At the end of the day, I can say: relax. We're just telling stories, and this is another one. I've seen the first script. lol (:

http://en.twitcasting.tv/erikburnham/ is the link for the Twittercast on Monday!
By Kingpin
How'd I miss these until now?
This Post Contains Spoilers
By mrmichaelt
Kingpin wrote:How'd I miss these until now?
Ghost cleavage.
By elsoldao7
By mrmichaelt
elsoldao7 wrote:
I agree with you on that. Would have preferred to see them in regular jumpsuits, the black/grey ones from GB2 even.

But the staff came this far with a great set 14 issues and counting, I have reservations but since it's just from pictures, I give them the benefit of the doubt.

Still lost is this a reboot, a second series, or a mini-series?
By Soul_Wrangler
Just a shot in the dark:

The OGBs (plus or minus Donna Dixon) get sucked into some type of vortex/portal/sinkhole that throws them into the Mars Attacks universe for that stand alone (read: The Real Ghostbusters). Meanwhile, an arc is going to take place in the ongoing series about Jeanine putting together a makeshift group of Ghostbusters (read: The New Ghostbusters) to keep the business operational until our gang finally makes the leap home.
By mrmichaelt
Soul_Wrangler wrote:Just a shot in the dark:

The OGBs (plus or minus Donna Dixon) get sucked into some type of vortex/portal/sinkhole that throws them into the Mars Attacks universe for that stand alone (read: The Real Ghostbusters). Meanwhile, an arc is going to take place in the ongoing series about Jeanine putting together a makeshift group of Ghostbusters (read: The New Ghostbusters) to keep the business operational until our gang finally makes the leap home.
There's still the Winston story in #16 come December. Unless, it doesn't take place right after #15.
By Razorgeist
By Erik Burnham
MA/RGB is a separate thing.

And folks, about the uniforms you see on these covers... you'll see an in-story reasoning for them, and an in-story reaction from the ladies.

As far as Ron, he wasn't going to make the cut (initially, it would've been Jenny Moran, the blonde Ghost-Smasher) until I realized something very important was missing from this team... and something else: having to work with someone doesn't necessarily make you friends or even friendly. (;
By mrmichaelt
Razorgeist wrote:
Yes, that's her.
Erik Burnham wrote:And folks, about the uniforms you see on these covers... you'll see an in-story reasoning for them, and an in-story reaction from the ladies.
Hmm...maybe they shouldn't have left Ron in charge of designs? heh.
Erik Burnham wrote:As far as Ron, he wasn't going to make the cut (initially, it would've been Jenny Moran, the blonde Ghost-Smasher) until I realized something very important was missing from this team... and something else: having to work with someone doesn't necessarily make you friends or even friendly. (;
lol.
By LandoSystem
Those preview images are great. I really can't wait to see how this plays out.
By Vee
You have no idea how excited I am for this.
By Razorgeist
I wonder if Ron is sticking around because he's ultimately responsible for what happened to the GB's and Janine is dragging him along to rectify his mistake.
By mrmichaelt
Razorgeist wrote:I wonder if Ron is sticking around because he's ultimately responsible for what happened to the GB's and Janine is dragging him along to rectify his mistake.
Dunno, he seems like an unapologetic prick so far. Just speculating here but look at Peck and Peter's conversation in #14, PCOC could touch Ron, the Ghost Smasher. But Ron, the Ghostbusters. He's under Peck's thumb. And that's probably for the better. You could argue just throw him in jail for espionage, since he did create his technology with the Ghostbusters' schematics but the chances of them proving that are rather thin. And putting him in jail won't really solve anything, he'll just try a new spin and start another group once he serves his sentence/makes parole.
By mrmichaelt
Erik Burnham wrote:Q & A... done!

Lots of questions answered.

Sadly...

...The audio didn't save. So if you missed out...! I may do another one
Argh. I hope someone took notes. Yes, please so another one. I missed this session again, just by 5 minutes this time. Third time's the charm.
By LandoSystem
I popped in about 15 minutes late but got to hear most of it.
I'm still excited to see the New Ghostbusters arc. I hope it's successful and shows you can have GB's that aren't from the films as lead characters, which could lead to some franchise-oriented spinoff mini's or more. But that's just me.
By Carnacki
Augh! I missed it. Darn you Miami Beach traffic!! Would someone be able to give me a brief explanation on what Mr. Burnham covered? Is this a separate series? A renumbering? How long is this arc going to last?
By Erik Burnham
It's the first arc of a second volume, so a renumbering -- which will help bring a spotlight back on the book. (Big time GB fans never missed out on it, but other folk?)

As always, have (Ghostbusters) pre-ordered from your local (or favorite online) comic shop. Those are the numbers that keep us going; if there aren't enough of those, the book can be shuffled off. Folks thinking they'll just grab it off the shelf send the message to stores that they aren't interested, and use that money towards a Big Two incentive cover.

(That advice goes for all comics that don't star Superman, Batman, Spidey, or Wolverine...) (;

My goal now is to push Volume 2 way past Volume 1.

You guys can help, I hope you will! (:
By mrmichaelt
Carnacki wrote:Augh! I missed it. Darn you Miami Beach traffic!! Would someone be able to give me a brief explanation on what Mr. Burnham covered? Is this a separate series? A renumbering? How long is this arc going to last?
I was told this second hand by someone else who was there at the live cast but here goes:

*Jack Hardemeyer will appear soon as a member of PCOC

*Ron will be a bigger jerk than Peck but with the tech savy of Egon

*Kylie will be a Ray/Egon type

*Pagan was originally not appearing but now will cameo in some panels

*One of the ghosts will be based on mythology

*One will be sort of based on a ghost from RGB

*Janine is part of the team because of Peck

*The Ghost Smashers disbanded after the events of #15

*The current ongoing series is in Volume One. It will have 16 issues total. The New Ghostbusters is the title of the first arc of Volume Two of the ongoing series. It will be four parts then the title reverts back to just Ghostbusters with Issue #5.
By mrmichaelt
Erik Burnham wrote:Well, Peck explains to a surly deputy mayor why Janine is completely indispensable. (:
lol between this and his conversation with Peter, Peck must feel like he's in the Twilight Zone some days.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]