By Nboucher2392
Well now that i have finished my RGB style proton pack I decided to go ahead and make a trap for it. I struggled with trying to land one on Ebay to no availe. Now after reading several topics on it i just said screw it. I am going to build my own. Just sorta running into some issues at them moment. I cant seem to find some good dimension for one. even just the basic LxHxW stuff to get start with. I want to keep it RGB all the way. I have almost all of the stuff i need. Not sure if i wanna do light right now but maybe later on. If anyone has any good schematics that would be great. I want to have it built and painted before the weekend is over.

I think once i get the dimensions and i get this one built i might make several more that would be for sale but that will come after i get the first one down.

If anyone has some good pics or dimensions that i can use, please post them here and wish me luck on this build. This build will start Friday after i get off work. **Jan. 18th 2013 - Jan 20th 2013**

I will be posting several pictures of the build as i go through this setup.
Last edited by Nboucher2392 on April 14th, 2013, 11:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
By Kingpin
Unfortunately even after all this time, full plans with measurements for the Real Ghostbusters Proton Pack, Ghost Trap and PKE haven't materialised... there's a few part-way attempts for some of the gear, but not all of it.

I was actually keeping a low profile on this until I'd finished taking screengrabs... but I've been gathering reference material to make plans for a lot of the equipment, unfortunately none of it's going to be finished for this weekend. :(
SPJ liked this
its cool, i think i will probably through some dimensions together once i have mine built.
That would be helpful if ya can hook me up with the plans.
Well I got off to a late start on the build but it is coming along nicely. I will have a few pics loaded shortly.
Like I promised so far this is where i am at. Thank God i realized that its MLK birthday tomorrow so i gain the day i lost back which is a plus. Here is where i ended up stopping for the day at.
Hey, NB, looking good. Sorry I wasn't able to get that plan sheet to you, my motherboard died this weekend. But it looks like you found the plans I had anyway. So the again looks like a great start to the build. Look forward to seeing the finished product!
Hey my wife and I send our prayers out for you and your family. Thanks for the compliments on the build I am hoping to get it finished today.
Hah. Well we still send our prayers then lol.
By Kingpin
DarkSpectre wrote:Lol. Any plans to make a foam stunt version? That's mine is made from. i considered making a second one that I can throw around like in the show.
I actually consulted Nick-a-tron about doing exactly that, sadly the foam movie Traps he sold didn't sell as well as he would've liked, and he was concerned that a Real Ghostbusters Trap would've been too limited interest.
That looks awesome. I built the rgb pack and got such a great response here at the last con I thought that making a rgb trap would be perfect addition.
Well i finally finished the the mass majority of the trap. just a few more things to do with some buttons but its built and ready to be primed and painted.

Well did some shopping today and stumbled upon a box full of these beauties. I have a ton of them so now i just gotta figure out what to do with the rest of em. They are great. They are about in 1' 1/2" squared. I cant wait to put this on my trap once its painted. Whats great about them is that they work perfectly. so i might just have to add some lights to the stunt trap now. it will be a good way to tell if my battery has life in it.

I would like to after i get the Supporting Membership.
Yeah. Your plans were about the only thing I could find with some form of dimensions. Other than downloaded a butt load of different shots of the rgb traps and seeing the gb1 & 2 versions, I kinda melded the two together. Your plans did have a huge help in getting me started and the shape I needed.
that's great I'm glad they were of some use idk if you saw the original thread I had for my build, but the blueprints were scale ups of the toy trap. I made the width that of the same as the movie then scaled all other measurements to match. So its not technically cartoon accurate but it doesn't look to bad built up :D
hehe, yeah thats one of the reason i snagged the plans to use. Its coming along really nicely just need to finish it once my baby feels better, 3 months old and has a cold...definately not fun, so alot of my attention has been on her. But i am so hoping that maybe this weekend to get alittle more done with it. I have some spot i need to bondo and sand on it to smoot it out some but if all goes well it will be a bit further than where its at right now. Since i got the little guages and stuff, i decided i need to add some light to it to make it look that much more awesome. sure its going to be a stunt trap but its going to be one with some life to it. I have been trying to find a nice hose to use for it. so far the only thing that i can find that looks like it will be good with it is this silicone yellow hose thats a 1/4" automotive hose that 10' long. it looks like the closest i can find, unless you guys have a better source for a hose for it or any other ideas of what to use. I am thinking that once i have a hose that i am going to thread some wire through and have two lighted buttons on the pedal.. just ideas at the moment. Suggestions?
Best of luck with you child, here is wishing the best for you guys. as for the hose, in the cartoon the hose was green or dark grey i think so if you were going for that then you have more options. Just yellow on the toy. I was going to use an yellow extension cord but it was to stiff really and the wires were to big for electronics anyway.
Thanks for the comment about my daughter. She is doing a lot better thankfully. I didn't even think about going green or gray. That does help out with options. I will have to see if I can find
Well did alittle shopping today and was able to snag some great stuff. Now i just gotta figure out which one of these babies will look the best on the trap.
awesome. I can not wait to see it. The more i can do with this trap the better. You truly are great person. Hopefully I can return the favor sometime.
Those pieces you sent out, just got them today. It was like a kid in a candy store. Definately a very happy person now. Can't wait to use the pieces on the trap
irricanian liked this
By Nboucher2392
Well finally had a chance today to do some more work on the trap. This is where I am at.

Hasbro Ghostbusters

Both would be out of scale (Mattel too small, DST […]

Oh, another thing - this was made mostly out of sc[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when […]