Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By mrmichaelt
Erik Burnham wrote:Minor spoilers for #5-8...
This Post Contains Spoilers
It must be Christmas or insomnia!
By GhstbstrLMLIII
Wow. Great issue guys! I can't wait to see where this goes.
By Fritz
Erik Burnham wrote:Minor spoilers for #5-8...
Based on a quick read of #2...
By Vee
i'm such a happy lady you have no idea.
Sutton621 liked this
By mrmichaelt
Issue #2

Main Story: Much better than last issue, can't beat a jaunt through Central Park I guess. lol
RGB: Funny, guess those Kenner toys got a work out in both stories.

Easter eggs so far
By groschopf
Brav-fricking-oh, guys. You knocked this out of the park.

Dan's artwork is incredible as always. It's just so perfectly tailored to the mood of this franchise.

I was concerned about the new team after seeing how few lines the women on Ron's crew got in earlier issues. Now I see my concerns were misplaced. Mr. Burnham, you created fully realized and assertive characters on par with their counterparts. My hat is off to you.

Also,
By Erik Burnham
Nonagon wrote:
i'm such a happy lady you have no idea.
Glad to hear it. (:
By mrmichaelt
Hmm, more thoughts popped into brain about #2
By Vee
Can we also discuss the fact that
By mrmichaelt
Nonagon wrote:Can we also discuss the fact that
By Erik Burnham
mrmichaelt liked this
By groschopf
Hurrrmmmm.... on the final page, where the guys are looking upon scattered proton parts,
By mrmichaelt
June solicits are out. Here's the synopsis for #5
Also, RGB Omnibus #2!
By elsoldao7
Just got #1 & #2 today! Havent read them yet but they look awsome!

Question; Does anybody have or know of a checklist of the IDW GB comics & the different covers?
By mrmichaelt
elsoldao7 wrote:Question; Does anybody have or know of a checklist of the IDW GB comics & the different covers?
I think this was asked before but here's a list. Had to put it in spoiler tags cause it's real LONG.
EDIT: And here's the Regular cover for Issue #4 featuring the Collectors, visually based on the Peoplebusters. Now that all four of their faces are revealed to us, I'm wondering if part of Erik's idea was this ritual involves something like 'let the punishment fit the crime' and these demons assume forms of those they are tasked with collecting, in this case of the Ghostbusters.
By elsoldao7
mrmichaelt wrote:
elsoldao7 wrote:Question; Does anybody have or know of a checklist of the IDW GB comics & the different covers?
I think this was asked before but here's a list. Had to put it in spoiler tags cause it's real LONG.
WHOA! Didn't think there were that many! I guess it's time to get on ebay!
Thanks!
By mrmichaelt
Hmm, so on page 3, if that's Greek for "Collector" is the rest of that passage translatable?
elsoldao7 wrote:WHOA! Didn't think there were that many! I guess it's time to get on ebay! Thanks!
And time to liquidate the stock portfolio. lol. You're welcome and good luck with the hunting.
By Erik Burnham
I dunno if Dan went that far -- I provided the Greek translation for the title in the script (well, via the internet, so it's 50/50 for accuracy.) (:

As for the Collectors, issue #4, page ONE. You'll see them in their original forms.
mrmichaelt liked this
By Kingpin
Another good issue, and further expanding on New York's paranormal landscape of weird and terrifying supernatural entities. You wouldn't have gotten a serial killer in The Real Ghostbusters or Extreme Ghostbusters.

The banter with Hardemeyer provided great dialogue for Janine, and she's really coming into her own as the de-facto leader, much to Ron's chagrin.

I'm also enjoying Melanie getting to put her FBI training to use in the field... as well as kick the living crap out of Ron.

Another good issue guys, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of the story unfolds. :)

mrmichaelt managed to nab pretty much everything this issue, here's a few nods that I noticed:
By Razorgeist
Picked up the newest issue yesterday.

The Ghost of a serial killer now we're talkin!!!! Seriously Ive been waiting for a story like this for a long time. Ok so far so good with this new arc. It was good to see Ortiz read Ron the riot act for that bout of stupidity. Now this version of Kylie seems a little more bubbly than her EGB counterpart (or am I just imagining things).

So from what Ive seen Idulnas used Janosz in his insanity to summon the demons that captured the RGBs very interesting.

Im enjoying "In the Box" so far. Samhain acting as a guide to newly incarcerated ghosts is an interesting idea.
By mrmichaelt
Erik Burnham wrote:I dunno if Dan went that far -- I provided the Greek translation for the title in the script (well, via the internet, so it's 50/50 for accuracy.) (:
Looks like Dan did after all. The body of Greek text refers to Abaddon. While popular as a demon, the Devil, or the Antichrist. In Rabbinical literature, Abaddon is a 'realm where the damned lie' so seems to be talking about the limbo the guys are stuck in.
Kingpin wrote:
That's some cool Central Park trivia, Kingpin. Can't believe I forgot about Tom's Restaurant. Also on page 19, the store to the left of the Shears of Fate referenced Lorenzo Music but it got cut off in print.
By Fritz
Fritz Babbles About Ghostbusters #2
See everyone next month.
By Fritz
Astorath wrote:I think I missed that one :whatever:
:)
By mrmichaelt
In an interview about a Baxter Stockman TMNT comic, Erik Burnham divulged some hints of what's to come in Volume 2:
As I type this, I just turned in the wrap up for the first arc, the New Ghostbusters -- currently writing the next arc which'll feature Egon trying to keep a ghost from abducting Janine's soul, and Kylie hunting a ghost ship with Peter and Ray, amongst other things.
Very good, very good. Seemingly advancing the Egon-Janine subplot and more Kylie.
zeta otaku liked this
By Fritz
mrmichaelt wrote:In an interview about a Baxter Stockman TMNT comic, Erik Burnham divulged some hints of what's to come in Volume 2:
As I type this, I just turned in the wrap up for the first arc, the New Ghostbusters -- currently writing the next arc which'll feature Egon trying to keep a ghost from abducting Janine's soul, and Kylie hunting a ghost ship with Peter and Ray, amongst other things.
Very good, very good. Seemingly advancing the Egon-Janine subplot and more Kylie.
This looks promising indeed.

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker scen[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]