I suppose we should start from the beginning....

Months in advance, while planning to attend the Boston St. Patrick's Day parade we set up a list of people to crash a my place like mburkit, xxectoxx, Vincenzo330, noslliT, Carpeteria, NHVenkman, Chace, BlkMesaHero, Alkaline, The Rockman, BluesSinger212, SabaSka109, and jackdoud .

Then I receive a message from Fernando about a project him and Chace spoke about. A 24 hour build. At this time we realized what must happen. Theme build. A St. Patrick's theme build.

Everyone discussed at great length ideas for the build and who could supply what parts.

Our biggest hurdle was a thrower. After Chace did a little ass kissing ThrowingChicken was kind enough to toss in a mis-cast gun kit.

Which slowly and painfully I was forced to ruin.

And thanks to an awesome donation from the great man Crix, we got ourselves a custom green scrolling LED bar for the thrower.

Also a must for a custom build was custom labels for the pack and thrower

So now that we got the thrower, next was the proton pack. Lucky for the build, John Smith already casts shells (Which are AMAZING)! so with a HUGE donation for this stupidity, we have a shell.

Now, someone came up with the greatest idea for this. Why not make the booster tube into a mug full of beer!?

So with did, and this is where the project REALLY starts to shine. Smith continued to show off his amazing talents by making a GB mug, with the GB logo frosted into the tube and then filled it with amber resin to simulate beer!

When attached as you can imagine it was MAGIC

Now that the main components were dealt with it was time to start thinking about the smaller details. Someone mentioned that a custom Ribbon Cable is a must for this. And again, with the talent assembled, George came to the rescue. On facebook I told him the idea of doing a Irish flag pattern ribbon cable and asked if he had the ability to do so. He told me "give me 30 mins"

30 minutes later I am sent these images.

Shit got real.

Smith, playing around on the interwebs, found us some lovely tubing cause black split loom wasn't gonna cut it.

Next came some clippards where Jack Doud said "why paint when I'm a f****g rock star who can dye resin!?"

With a big time donation from New Pat we got ourselves a killer Alice Frame

And much to the fame of the Hello Kitty Proton Pack, we needed a custom printed motherboard.

With the parts finally all in New Hampshire, it was time. to start a 24 hour Proton Pack build.

The following images take place on March 16th, 2013

And here she is FINISHED AND IN THE WILD

As a way to commemorate this insane build I designed a movie poster for the event and had it printed to be hung up in the workshop after everyone signed it.

So there you have it. a bunch of crazy fools building a themed Proton Pack win 20 hours and holding the project a secret for the last 2 months. No one knew of it until we rolled up in the parade and took her out of the Ecto.

Thank you. and Happy St. Patrick's Day - Jonny Ruckus
By Chace
FunkPunkTwang wrote:
Vincenzo330 wrote:Thanks for an amazing weekend! You complete me <3

It's hard to pick a single highlight but there was that time that Patrick decimated you in Pong.
IT WAS A TIE!
No, the shattering glass bottle fight you two had was a tie....When it comes to beer pong Pat is BEST IN THE WORLD!
This was a blast to be a part of, and I still can't believe we got it together. Major props to George and Tillson for putting in major extra effort in the last few hours while most of the rest of us sat around with Krispy Kremes and alcohol. Everyone played a part in getting this together, and it was a big hit in the parade, for sure.

And thanks to Vince and Chace for keeping the truth alive about the beer pong results. Matt and Pete can have their lame doubles win - singles is where it's at.
ProtonCharger, jackdoud, TheRockman and 1 others liked this
Vincenzo330 wrote: It's hard to pick a single highlight but there was that time that Patrick decimated you in Pong.
Tillsons hammer dance HANDS DOWN
Major props to George and Tillson for putting in major extra effort in the last few hours while most of the rest of us sat around with Krispy Kremes and alcohol.
Was the pun intended? :eyeroll:

I might add that no one was injured this year!
Awesome work guys, especially given the time constraints!
Vincenzo330 wrote:COOL TMNT PACK!!!
Hmm, reminded me of the Green Goblin more than TMNT.
Absolutely amazing work, guys.

Not only is the end result beautiful to look at it, but it's great to see the community having a blast together. I can't wait to see the next theme. Now you've done it, this HAS to become a regular event!

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]

Hard to tell if it’s an actual black fligh[…]