Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By mrmichaelt
Fritz wrote:This looks promising indeed.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Ah, yes.
By Erik Burnham
Wow, you guys. I was actually thinking about a djinn for an upcoming (not 5-8) arc.

Hadn't carved it in stone yet, but good instincts. (; And yes, it's been so long, I'll just say: I am using the gris-gris.

As for the rest of 5-6... this month's #3 will give a hint as to what will be after Janine. (You shouldn't cheat on tests, Janine.) Oh, and a bit more fun... Roger and Egon will have quite a few scenes together.

Initially the Janine and Ghost Ship stuff was going to go back and forth between 5-8, but Tom and I got to talking and we reshuffled to separate them into two two issue stories.
By mrmichaelt
While checking on the tentative release date for Ghostbusters #3, which is April 24th, I noticed there's something else releasing on that day as of now... a second printing of Ghostbusters #1! Haven't seen it in any official announcements yet but guess sales were good!
By Razorgeist
Kingpin wrote:I do like Mel, she's another relatable person like Winston... a practical mind that has been thrown into an incredibly crazy world.
Same here Im enjoying her professionalism in the face of ghosts.
By Scottb
Ron is very fun to hate, and Mel has been a very enjoyable addition. But I love Kylie. I'm sure she won't go anywhere but I love her getting a lot of time in the story and seeing her strapping on a pack.
By mrmichaelt
Dan Schoening posted a preview of the Issue #5 cover.
By Ghostbuster-Adem84
Just got done reading issue two and so far i'm enjoying everything about it gentlemen. Two issues in and i'm hooked! I love where this new tale is heading. It's awesome to see people (three anyways) going on a routine bust to find out they don't know what the hell they are properly doing at first, working pass their differences while bettering themselfs and becoming a fully functioning team. Props to you guys for showing that process so far, and taking the time to hit home with it. I've read a few stories where new members are hired as extra help on busts and they instantly know how the equipment works and are first time sharp shooters, no offence to these writers of course I just like to see some time taken in getting to know what you're working with and show results while doing so. The back up story is enjoyable and i'm looking forwards to the next installment! Keep up the good work lads, you earned yourselfs many of crunch bars!
By mrmichaelt
July solicits are out and it made me smile to see the return of a certain boat.
Erik Burnham (w) • Dan Schoening (a) Schoening, Albert Carreres (c)
A ghost ship roams the waters off Long Island, leaving fear -- and ice -- in its wake. The governor calls on the Ghostbusters to stop these spectral sailors and their maritime malevolence... but they'll have to do it without the aid of Egon Spengler, who is currently concerned with rescuing the stolen spirit of Janine Melnitz!
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 9-to-1 ratio (9 Dan Schoening, 1 Albert Carreres)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Governor again. Hmm, still wondering if the governor is Lenny.

And the next trade is coming out in July, too. Back to Ghostbusters, Volume One (not confusing at all).
By mrmichaelt
Main Story
In The Box Part 3

That last page. Didn't expect that.

Easter eggs so far
By groschopf
• Delgado's colors just make this jump off of the page. I'm loathe to use the term "pop", but ... that's exactly what it does.

• Schoening's art is phenomenal. I recall stumbling across his early Ghostbuster "Cleanin' Up The Town" artwork on DeviantArt years back, and I am continuously blown away with how he keeps topping himself.

This series beats the ever living hell out of a third movie.
Just sayin'.
YoZiggy, Kingpin liked this
By groschopf
Also, since the company car is over at Parkview, I kinda want to see the rest of the crew cram in to Ron's SUV in order to reach Kylie.
Like a clown car full of paranormal eliminators.
By mrmichaelt
Some more eggs
By zeta otaku
This comic... this damn comic... it's perfect. Since issue #1, the first #1, the love for the franchise, the characters, and the history just oozes off the pages. The dialogue is magic. You can hear the voices of the characters as they're read. I seriously can't gush enough about this comic. I've even gotten strict "comics are for kids" believers to start collecting the back issues.

I've got to ask though... is there anyway we can make these issues a few pages longer? Not that I feel the stories NEED more pages, I just get so sad when I realize I've reached the last page and I need to wait another month for more. I need my fix, man. I need my fix! I'm covered in ants!
Vee liked this
By mrmichaelt
Hmm, based on what I've seen echoed at the IDW forums by editor Bobby Curnow - a lot of fans have to send a request to letters@idwpublishing.com to get the attention of the people that make the decisions.

EDIT: And on page 13
By GhstbstrLMLIII
Read through it last night. Great job again.

The growth of the secondary characters has been phenomenal and again the whole GB team should be commended. Can't wait until next month!
By YoZiggy
Fritz wrote:
zeigkl wrote:I felt the same way, Astorath. I've been anticipating Fritz' response to NGB #3 for two days now. ;)
Yeah, well, I'm not gonna be able to get to the shop until tomorrow (Saturday) so you got a few more days to wait, sorry.

:lol::P
Noooo :( Alriiiight, I'll wait..

c:

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]

@GBfan77 No when I turn it off it still keeps firi[…]

Just to throw my experience in there. I've bough[…]

I haven't had Xbox Live for a while, but I'm consi[…]