Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By mrmichaelt
This looks promising indeed.
I wonder if a this is the kind of thing a voodoo gris-gris is gonna be helpful for...
This Post Contains Spoilers
Ah, yes.
That would interesting since it is known to protect from evil in general, against djinn specifically. Would be neat to see the GBs take on an Idrit or Marid if it's a djinn.
By Erik Burnham
Wow, you guys. I was actually thinking about a djinn for an upcoming (not 5-8) arc.

Hadn't carved it in stone yet, but good instincts. (; And yes, it's been so long, I'll just say: I am using the gris-gris.

As for the rest of 5-6... this month's #3 will give a hint as to what will be after Janine. (You shouldn't cheat on tests, Janine.) Oh, and a bit more fun... Roger and Egon will have quite a few scenes together.

Initially the Janine and Ghost Ship stuff was going to go back and forth between 5-8, but Tom and I got to talking and we reshuffled to separate them into two two issue stories.
By Erik Burnham
Unexpected, yet pleasantly surprising:

How many tweets and IMs and emails I've got asking me to keep Ron and/or Mel in the book.

Not the way I'd thought it'd go with new characters, but it makes me feel good, so thanks to those that like 'em! (:
By Kingpin
I do like Mel, she's another relatable person like Winston... a practical mind that has been thrown into an incredibly crazy world.
By Razorgeist
I do like Mel, she's another relatable person like Winston... a practical mind that has been thrown into an incredibly crazy world.
Same here Im enjoying her professionalism in the face of ghosts.
By Scottb
Ron is very fun to hate, and Mel has been a very enjoyable addition. But I love Kylie. I'm sure she won't go anywhere but I love her getting a lot of time in the story and seeing her strapping on a pack.
By mrmichaelt
Dan Schoening posted a preview of the Issue #5 cover.
Hm, in the lower right and left corners, the signs indicate Peter and Kylie are busting in Mamaroneck as Erik hinted at recently. And a 15 easter egg with the locomotive # to boot. Wonder if that's a real train wreck or made up like the one in GB2.
By Ghostbuster-Adem84
Just got done reading issue two and so far i'm enjoying everything about it gentlemen. Two issues in and i'm hooked! I love where this new tale is heading. It's awesome to see people (three anyways) going on a routine bust to find out they don't know what the hell they are properly doing at first, working pass their differences while bettering themselfs and becoming a fully functioning team. Props to you guys for showing that process so far, and taking the time to hit home with it. I've read a few stories where new members are hired as extra help on busts and they instantly know how the equipment works and are first time sharp shooters, no offence to these writers of course I just like to see some time taken in getting to know what you're working with and show results while doing so. The back up story is enjoyable and i'm looking forwards to the next installment! Keep up the good work lads, you earned yourselfs many of crunch bars!
By mrmichaelt
July solicits are out and it made me smile to see the return of a certain boat.
Erik Burnham (w) • Dan Schoening (a) Schoening, Albert Carreres (c)
A ghost ship roams the waters off Long Island, leaving fear -- and ice -- in its wake. The governor calls on the Ghostbusters to stop these spectral sailors and their maritime malevolence... but they'll have to do it without the aid of Egon Spengler, who is currently concerned with rescuing the stolen spirit of Janine Melnitz!
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 9-to-1 ratio (9 Dan Schoening, 1 Albert Carreres)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Governor again. Hmm, still wondering if the governor is Lenny.

And the next trade is coming out in July, too. Back to Ghostbusters, Volume One (not confusing at all).
By mrmichaelt
Main Story
Kylie and cell phone etiquette when dealing with Idulnas, lol.

Mel had some pretty good lines in this one - the one about Mark and her Swedish Chef joke.

I was half-expecting Ron's improved Arm Mounted Proton Pack to overload and Janine would ditch it and blow away the Grendel but it actually worked.

"This is so not a cakewalk!" was my favorite quote I think. But I think we all know which will be the favorite panel... in your face, Roger. Oh, and Janine's "Who gives a rip?!" lol that was a great one.

#4 - I'm guessing there's going to be some major remodeling at Parkview next issue.

And... speaking of those consequences Beowulf/Geat ghost said... Grendel's Mother coming after Janine in the next arc?
In The Box Part 3

That last page. Didn't expect that.

Easter eggs so far
Page 2
*Behind Melanie is Ivo Shandor's Skull from Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Realistic Versions
*Behind the skull is a Stacy's bag from The Real Ghostbusters' episode "Killerwatt"
*On top of the side cabinet is the Ectoplasmic Frequency Monitor from Extreme Ghostbusters'episode "Grundelesque"
*Ghost Vacuum from Extreme Ghostbusters' episode "Sonic Youth"
*Part of the Vigo painting
*The Geat ghost says "I am looking for Janine Melnitz."
*Geat ghost appears to be Beowulf

Page 3
*The ghost warns of Grendel, a monster killed by Beowulf in lore
*Ron dons the Boson pack from the first arc of the ongoing series
*The box behind Janine and the ghost contains Pagan Rituals & Ceremonies from Extreme Ghostbusters episode "Casting the Runes" and Book of Annoying Beings from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Short Stuff"

Page 4
*Still on Peter's shelf is the Barometric Analyzer from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Flip Side"

Page 5
*Kylie uses the EGB-era P.K.E. Meter
*Kylie uses the Ecto-Visor from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Cry Uncle"
*Still on the walls are Gozerian letters and sketches of the Gozerian dimension seen in "Making Ghostbusters"

Page 6
*Ron introduces an improved Arm Mounted Proton Pack, last seen two issues ago
*Golf clubs from Caddyshack
*The second floor ladder and cloth seen in Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Realistic Versions is to the left of Janine.
*The Real Ghostbusters Firehouse alarm rings
*Below Ron on the table is the Quasitronic Nuclear Inverter from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Captain Steel Saves the Day"

Page 7
*The Makeshift Proton Pack from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Play Them Ragtime Boos"

Page 8
*One of the male orderlies from the opening cut scene of Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime is present

Page 9
*First panel, far left is the George M. Cohan statue
*Stay Puft Marshmallows ad
*Granny's Yum Yum Candy from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Egon's Ghost"
*Granny Candy appears on billboard, too
*Blody and Caste ads are from Times Square in The Real Ghostbusters episode "The Halloween Door"
*Give Someone Time ad is from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Three Men and an Egon"
*Molta ad is from Extreme Ghostbusters episode "Darkness at Noon" Part 1
*Manhattan City Bank from first movie in ad
*The Father Duffy statue
*Behind Duffy is an ad for the Scepter of Donar from Extreme Ghostbusters episode "Bird of Prey"
*The Donar is on display at the Natural History Museum
*Al Czervik, portrayed by Rodney Dangerfield, from Caddyshack passes by Ron
*Ron argues with Judge Smails character from Caddyshack

Page 10
*Sol's Tanning Salon from The Real Ghostbusters episode "A Ghost Grows in Brooklyn"
*Kildarby Kilts and Bird of Kildarby from The Real Ghostbusters episode "The Bird of Kildarby"
*TV World from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Future Tense"
*Dears from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Lost and Foundry"
*Larry's Uniform Shop from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Guess What's Coming to Dinner"
*Do or Diner from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Afterlife in the Fast Lane"

Page 11
*Near Janine is Bright Wave High Tech and LB-7 from Extreme Ghostbusters episode "Heart of Darkness"

Page 13
*Bijou Theater from Slimer! episode "Movie Madness"
*The movie advertised "Pirate of Zundia" and Douglass Flynn is from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Lights! Camera! Haunting!"
*The Hotel Uptown is from the Slimer! episode "Out with Grout"

Page 14
*On vacuum ad is Donkey ghost from Extreme Ghostbusters episode "Sonic Youth"

Page 15
*Clocks Galore from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Three Men and an Egon"
*Conrads from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Ghosts R Us"

Page 16
*Melanie refers to the Swedish Chef from Sesame Street
*Stay Puft the Musical ad from Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Page 17
*Ron mentions Valhalla from Norse myth
*Ads for Dib Devlin and his trip to Tahiti prize from The Real Ghostbusters episode "The Devil to Pay"
*ABS Studios ad from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Egon on the Rampage"

Page 21
*On Conrad's store front (far right) is Hoppy the Easter Bunny from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Mr. Sandman, Dream Me a Dream"
*Toy Tower from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Busters in Toyland"
*Ads fro Brain Buster and Karate Chameleon also from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Busters in Toyland"
*Janosz' assorted gear from Ghostbusters II are in the room
By groschopf
• That Swedish Chef riff was priceless, and I love how much the time zone issue made sense. Brilliant work, Mr. Burnham.
• Delgado's colors just make this jump off of the page. I'm loathe to use the term "pop", but ... that's exactly what it does.

• Schoening's art is phenomenal. I recall stumbling across his early Ghostbuster "Cleanin' Up The Town" artwork on DeviantArt years back, and I am continuously blown away with how he keeps topping himself.

This series beats the ever living hell out of a third movie.
Just sayin'.
YoZiggy, Kingpin liked this
By groschopf
Also, since the company car is over at Parkview, I kinda want to see the rest of the crew cram in to Ron's SUV in order to reach Kylie.
Like a clown car full of paranormal eliminators.
By zeta otaku
This comic... this damn comic... it's perfect. Since issue #1, the first #1, the love for the franchise, the characters, and the history just oozes off the pages. The dialogue is magic. You can hear the voices of the characters as they're read. I seriously can't gush enough about this comic. I've even gotten strict "comics are for kids" believers to start collecting the back issues.

I've got to ask though... is there anyway we can make these issues a few pages longer? Not that I feel the stories NEED more pages, I just get so sad when I realize I've reached the last page and I need to wait another month for more. I need my fix, man. I need my fix! I'm covered in ants!
Vee liked this
By mrmichaelt
Hmm, based on what I've seen echoed at the IDW forums by editor Bobby Curnow - a lot of fans have to send a request to letters@idwpublishing.com to get the attention of the people that make the decisions.

EDIT: And on page 13
A banner advertising the Der Ring des Nibelungen opera by Robert Wagner and loosely based on Norse myth
By GhstbstrLMLIII
Read through it last night. Great job again.
My favorite line was "On a scale of one to 'Oh God, think of the children."

The growth of the secondary characters has been phenomenal and again the whole GB team should be commended. Can't wait until next month!
By YoZiggy
I felt the same way, Astorath. I've been anticipating Fritz' response to NGB #3 for two days now. ;)
By YoZiggy
I felt the same way, Astorath. I've been anticipating Fritz' response to NGB #3 for two days now. ;)
Yeah, well, I'm not gonna be able to get to the shop until tomorrow (Saturday) so you got a few more days to wait, sorry.

:lol: :P
Noooo :( Alriiiight, I'll wait..

c:
NEW GB MOVIE SUMMER 2020!

I REALLY hope J.K. Simmons is in it. *fingers cros[…]

Bump, just saw this has been pushed another month,[…]

GohstTarp's Proton Pack Build

I know I am late to the party, but what size dril[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the Ghost[…]