Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By Fritz
mrmichaelt wrote:Here's Spook Central's preview for Volume 2 Issue #5! So many awesome cameos and references in the first 7 pages as it is!
This Post Contains Spoilers
By mrmichaelt
Sweet! Can't wait. Just that one panel with them was hilarious.

I figured Louis moved to Florida to take care of his mom after the events of TVG in IDW canon.
By Razorgeist
Erik Burnham wrote:No, no one else is in Chicago.

And the Chicago faction will be popping up here and there. They're really good foils for the other, and Tom loves them as a duo.
I knew it!
By mrmichaelt
Main Story
Back up
Easter Eggs so far
By groschopf
*slow clap for mrmichaelt*

Wow... just wow. You truly have an encyclopedic knowledge of the franchise.

I'd only add two items spotted on Page Two (and I feel petty adding them to the list after that amazing display):
mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
Yup, that looks both correct, alright!

Thanks, groschopf. I had to use three different types of magnifying glasses for this issue to find some of the tinier things.

EDIT: Two more
By YoZiggy
I found an additional easter egg that no one mentioned. Or, I don't believe it's been mentioned yet. I may have simply looked over it in everyone else's posts.
mrmichaelt liked this
By YoZiggy
Then again, the easter egg I mentioned above may have incidentally appeared in a previous issue, and I just failed to notice. Which could be why no one mentioned it.

You guys are pros at this, so I should feel silly. :sigh:
By mrmichaelt
zeigkl wrote:I found an additional easter egg that no one mentioned. Or, I don't believe it's been mentioned yet. I may have simply looked over it in everyone else's posts.
Cool find, and I just watched that movie on AMC the other night. Don't worry about posting a find, I promise I won't and never have chewed anyone out for sharing their discoveries. I'm fairly sure that is a new easter egg because this might be the first time the R&D lab from GB2 was used in the ongoing. It was used back in the What in Samhain Just Happened?! one shot. For the most part, a big chunk of Firehouse scenes have always been Janine's desk, Peter's office or the 2nd floor main lab. They briefly had a panel or two in the basement, sleeping quarters, and on the roof. But yeah, I think this was the first scene in the R&D room on the ongoing series.

EDIT: D'oh and the Slime-C ad (partially blocked by the Kylie box) on page 7 next to the Sammy K one.
By Megalomaniac
mrmichaelt liked this
By Kingpin
Review:
Easter Eggs:
mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
I believe Dan just posted his first the Rookie and Ron back up teaser. Or it was quick sketch.
Kingpin wrote:
Kingpin wrote:
By Carnacki
ANOTHER amazing issue, guys. I can't praise you all enough for such a consistently great comic book!

I have a radical idea...since there is now a spare Ghostbuster in Kylie (and possibly Ortiz, if she comes back), I think a cool way to sneak in the Ghostbusters 2 logo is to have the back-up Ghostbusters sport the G2 logo on their jumpsuits. The originals would keep the classic logo, kind of like a ranking distinction. Just a thought.
Ernest Reid liked this
By Carnacki
Kingpin wrote:Why would they want to involve the Ghostbusters II logo?
The question should be, why wouldn't they? It's a part of the canon and that would be a way to reintroduce that logo. Maybe give some in-story explanation for it, too.
By GhstbstrLMLIII
As has been mentioned, another great issue! The character expansion is very well done, and the multiple story set-ups didn't feel forced. This is the most enjoyable read I've had in a while.
By mrmichaelt
Rodimus wrote:Only way id want to see the gb2 logo is like in a celebration, like in a parade on a banner.
I'd rather see it as an easter egg like how they used it in The Video Game (Realistic Versions), stuffed in that space by Peter's office or like how they were seen on the flightsuits on the back cover of the Volume 4 trade.
By Kingpin
mrmichaelt wrote:I'd rather see it as an easter egg like how they used it in The Video Game (Realistic Versions), stuffed in that space by Peter's office or like how they were seen on the flightsuits on the back cover of the Volume 4 trade.
Agreed, showing it "just because they can" doesn't seem like that good a reason to just slap the GB2 logo on something. A background or one-panel joke is one thing, it being displayed on something permanently is another.
By Ernest Reid
    Carnacki wrote:ANOTHER amazing issue, guys. I can't praise you all enough for such a consistently great comic book!

I have a radical idea...since there is now a spare Ghostbuster in Kylie (and possibly Ortiz, if she comes back), I think a cool way to sneak in the Ghostbusters 2 logo is to have the back-up Ghostbusters sport the G2 logo on their jumpsuits. The originals would keep the classic logo, kind of like a ranking distinction. Just a thought.

thats not a half bad idea,,, as it IS cannon, like it or not.
    By Ernest Reid
    Kingpin wrote:
    mrmichaelt wrote:I'd rather see it as an easter egg like how they used it in The Video Game (Realistic Versions), stuffed in that space by Peter's office or like how they were seen on the flightsuits on the back cover of the Volume 4 trade.
    Agreed, showing it "just because they can" doesn't seem like that good a reason to just slap the GB2 logo on something. A background or one-panel joke is one thing, it being displayed on something permanently is another.

it did unfortunately grace 3/4ths of one of the only 2 films in the series. so at this point,, its a bit more prevailent than say the little ghost that came with the kenner trap or a highway haunter...
    By Fritz
    Fritz Babbles About Ghostbusters #21

So, at the end of the last issue the real Ghostbusters were back and everything is going to get quiet and back to normal, right?

Of course not. Twenty pages of the Ghostbusters loafing around GBCentral isn't going to sell too many comic books.
    See you next time.
    zeta otaku liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]