There is a moment when you get a certain amount done on the pack you are building and you discover "Hey! I can be done in a few days!" well, I hit that with this build a full month ahead of schedule. My promise with this pack was that I could get it done by Wizards World Chicago (August 10th) well through a little planning with my buddies better half I was able to get it done for a small comic con that happened today! A full month ahead of schedule. Here are the progress shots I could not post -

Some Holloween lights make a good top reflector for the thrower vent -

Cut the back off and add a LED clip -

DONE!

While I was at it I added the Jupiter lenses and my pill bottle caps with LED clips -

Added all the greebles, hoses and labels!

DONE! Here is my pack on the left and Jeffery's pack on the right -

Packed up and ready to go to it's new owner -

When he walked in, I had his pack set up as a part of the Chicago Divisions booth and just stood by it. He came RIGHT up to me and started chatting. I just stared and turned the crank knob so that it went "click... click... click..." it took a few moments but he finally looked at it and said "Is that MY pack???" Total shock moment achieved!

And the pack itself -

All said and done this was a five month build. Special thanks to Nick for the great parts and support of this build!
By Lundo12
Until I got this set up -

More to come...
I've seen the speakers mounted like this numerous times and I have to ask why? Why is one mounted facing the motherboard but then the one by the cyclotron is facing into the pack? Being how often I see it there has to be a reason. What light can you shed on that for me?
Two reasons -

1. It gave me more floor space to tuck in the Mighty boards (still away from the magnet.

2. It meant that I only had to drill four holes in the mother board instead of 98.

Yesterday the pack sounded great. And with the forward facing speaker in to Cyclotron it really sounded cool.
I think it works well since there is one speaker facing out (so all the high tones can be heard) the other speaker is muffled for sure, but it ends up being the low tones you hear out of that.

My own set up is what I think is ideal, two small speakers facing out of the mother board.
By Bob Wobbaz
Lundo12 wrote:
Until I got this set up -

More to come...
I've seen the speakers mounted like this numerous times and I have to ask why? Why is one mounted facing the motherboard but then the one by the cyclotron is facing into the pack? Being how often I see it there has to be a reason. What light can you shed on that for me?
I have my speakers set up this way too, i figure that no matter where people are stood near me, either infront or behind me they're sure to hear me ;)

My pack's new home!

I cannot express enough I lucky I was to have Alan do this build for me. I commissioned a proton pack and gained a new friend on top of it. And the surprise reveal was very well-orchestrated! You'd think, looking at the video (my wife recorded the whole thing), "How does he not know that's his pack in the chair?" But really - when you're in a group where everyone else has a pack, one more on a chair doesn't draw attention to itself. Then, I heard that clicking of the crank knob - and BOOM! Childhood dream fulfilled. Life achievement unlocked.

So - a million thanks to Alan, and extraordinary gratitude to everyone who helped me collect parts, made the parts on this pack, and even sent us a few free parts! This thing is awesome.
What an awesome build. I think you've convinced me to go the Nick-A-Tron route on my first build for sure. I can't find the motherboard for his shells listed for sale anywhere including the website... Where did you get the one you used or will another fit the shell just as well?
What are the measurements of the speaker? I'm thinking of upgrading my Matty to a throwing chicken wand but not sure if I have mounting space in my current pack.
The pack has two 6" speakers inside. The sound quality is amazing, but I know it took a little maneuvering to get them both to fit. I think I've seen other set ups where one of the two is a 6" speaker and the other is 4.5", maybe? Not sure. Alan would be the better authority here. It's been a while since I've perused other builds since this beauty came home.
This is a pack with a 4" and a 6" speaker, however, you would think the one with the two 6" speakers would be more powerful, as bass is a key player in emulating the cyclotron hum.
slinky54 liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]