Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By mrmichaelt
Main Story: Great ending to another arc but too went by too fast. More so with two busts going on at once. Loved Peter's mouth and Winston's law studies came in real handy this issue.

Back Up: lmao, of all the kids in the world that would tick Ron off, it had to be that one (See easter eggs list) but
This Post Contains Spoilers
Overall the 3 Rookie and Ron backs ups from this arc have convinced me a spin off title would be so awesome (as if I can't stop pining for one). But sales on this main title have to increase a whole lot from an average right now of 7000 units/month to 12,000-15,000 units/month in order for a spin off to be considered.

Easter Eggs so far (sparse this issue)
By mrmichaelt
1) Erik Burnham just tweeted Issues #11 and 12 will contain back up stories that will lead into the 8 part story arc starting in Issue #13!

2) Erik also hinted "More Rookie & Ron stories to happen soon. (;" Gosh, hope they're not responsible for setting off another end of the world event.

3) Erik has begun breaking down plans for the 8 parter after Happy Horror Days.

4) From the NYCC IDW panel,
An audience member asked about their licensed comics, such as Ghostbusters and My Little Pony. Are there any more licensed series they hope to add to their lineup in the future? Goldstein said that IDW is always looking at new properties.

Will there be any Extreme Ghostbusters stories in the future? Ryall said they were content with their current output.
5) Blair D Shedd will be drawing the back up story in Issue #10. I think it's the one with Walter Peck playing golf with politicians.

6) Erik, Dan, Luis and Tom started a Tumblr to promote the Happy Horror Days arc starting later this month. It will have behind the scenes art and stories, fan art, favorite panels, teasers about upcoming stories, and anything else they can think of. http://ghostbustersidw.tumblr.com/ Please share the link across your social media accounts and stay tuned. :cool:
By Vee
Almost all of these updates result in me doing aggressively doing happy dances where I punch the air.
By ez_aquarii
I can't help but be reminded of 'John Dies at the End' with that meat golem.
By caleconners83
Yes!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, but Eduardo was awesome in EGB's. he was by far my favorite of the crew, with Kylie a close second. Keep up the great work Eric and Dan!!
By mrmichaelt
I'm sure there's an equal number of fans excited and angry that Eduardo will appear. ;)
groschopf wrote:Huh.

There's something you don't see every day.
lol, the Kalamazoo lore. Still leery about this crossover but once more information comes out, I'm sure I'll come around to it.
By Threadender
Fritz wrote:
mrmichaelt wrote:So... looks like we might be seeing Eduardo very soon in Issues #10 and 11 (based on the tags). :)
If it is him, there's somebody on the Ectozone board that's going to be thrilled.

I'm rather excited by the idea myself, truth to be told.
Agreed. I can definitely see a possible and slow merging of EGB characters over time, which would be pretty awesome.
mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
Here's a preview of the front cover (by Dan Schoening and Luis Delgado) for the Volume 6 trade coming in early December.

http://ghostbustersidw.tumblr.com/post/ ... ly-remains

Heh, just like the Volume 3 trade's cover (Peter shooting at the Phantom Truck Driver), Dan got to draw some interior art excerpts he didn't do originally - Winston with Thunder & Lightning and Peter, Ray, and Kylie investigating the Ghost Ship with Ecto-8 in the background in Issues #7-8.
By Megalomaniac
I just want to say this comic has been the best ever done about our favourite Fab Four and their secretary. The characterization is top-notch, especially with Janine. Her best aspects of her RGB season 1 persona and movie persona have been combined perfectly. Dare I say, I'm actually looking forward to the time Egon gets it through his head and pursues more than just friendship with her
By liverstealer82
This series is fantastic and I'm really looking forward to the 8 issue arc as well as the X-Files crossover. Somewhat random: Does anyone know if IDW has permission to use Ilyssa Selwyn from the game? I know for whatever legal reasons they can't use Dana or Louis. Just think it would be interesting to see her show up in the comic.
By mrmichaelt
liverstealer82 wrote:This series is fantastic and I'm really looking forward to the 8 issue arc as well as the X-Files crossover. Somewhat random: Does anyone know if IDW has permission to use Ilyssa Selwyn from the game? I know for whatever legal reasons they can't use Dana or Louis. Just think it would be interesting to see her show up in the comic.
Based on what Mr. Burnham said in an interview earlier this year (jump to #13), the answer is "yes" they do. It seems like with the movies and animated series, they have to ask beforehand. For example, using Janosz, they had to ask ahead of time. Here's Burnham's answer:
ERIK BURNHAM: Well, when I’m doing something large (say, the New Ghostbusters arc) I need to get advanced approval, and that can have a pretty fast turnaround – I’ve been answered same day, in some cases. In other cases, they’ve given me a little bit of leeway.

I pay attention to what I can’t do: I was given a small list early on – for example, if something was in the video game, it was cleared, so I knew Rookie was someone I could make use of. In the case of Janosz, I asked Tom beforehand – if Tom had said either no or that he needed to check, I wouldn’t have gone ahead until I had a yes. If I were to write something that was later decided to be a no-go, I’d simply have to rewrite. That’s how things work in any situation where you’re playing with someone else’s toys.
I would like to see Selwyn in the comic, too. She probably went back to her guest lecturing and archeological digs (as mentioned in the Atari character sheet) after the Shandor incident but I always wondered what the comic crew's spin on her would be.

EDIT: After doing more searching on that Mass Hysteria! teaser, it seems the modified No Ghost symbol is based on the Symbol of Chaos, eight arrows in a radial pattern, which then associated with Chaos magic, the Illuminates of Thanateros, and the like.
By liverstealer82
Interesting. I seem to recall one of the writers from RGB say something similar about an episode they were pitching. Apparently they wanted to animate the Statue of Liberty as a story point. This was right before GB2 came out. Columbia nixed that idea for obvious reasons. I wonder if the same idea holds true for the comics and a potential third movie.

A society of chaos magicians? Count me in!
By mrmichaelt
Release date is still fuzzy (sucks though, October 30 is the perfect date for this) but colored panel teasers of Issue #9 are being posted on the Ghostbusters Tumblr the past couple days.
-October 22: Ghostbusters are headed to Grand Central to take on a famous ghost
--http://ghostbustersidw.tumblr.com/post/ ... le-for-the
-October 26: Staff Meeting!
--http://ghostbustersidw.tumblr.com/post/ ... -how-about
By Halloween Undead
Looking forward to Happy Horror Days.

It would be cool if, at some point, a story arc was written about John Tobin and his investigations which accumulated all of the material for his Spirit Guide; a chronicle of his travels across the globe in search of spiritual entities from various cultures and civilizations. That would make an intriguing comic in itself.
By mrmichaelt
Heck yes it would, Halloween Undead.

Judging by Previews and Comixology's pages, Issue #9 will release on November 6th. :(

In the meantime, Dan Schoening posted the final version, w/o lettering, of page one. Pretty cool seeing how close they stick to the legend. But I had to lol at panel 4, reminded of the others one that popped up at the end of The Other Side.
http://danschoening.deviantart.com/art/ ... -410069617
By GhstbstrLMLIII
Too bad that it got pushed back. Hopefully, the distribution will get back on schedule with the next one. I know I've dropped off commenting after each one comes out - but I really have nothing but good things to say about the book. The whole team is doing a great job. I'm still picking up both covers for each book, and hope this continues for a long time to come.
By mrmichaelt
By mrmichaelt
Spook Central has posted the preview for Issue #9. Issue #9 does indeed release next week, November 6th.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 044&type=3

Also, Diamond (not IDW) decided the two issues a month catch up will shift to November so for now #9 and #10 will both release this month. https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 3854691329

I think Tristan Jones is back doing some covers for upcoming issues.
https://twitter.com/TRexJones/status/396558097449107456
By Fritz
Fritz Babbles About Ghostbusters #24 (V2#8)

I apologize to the few people who care for this being so late. Real life stuff, and some other priorities. But I feel like I got to say something before the next issue makes it out. :lol:

This will be short:
By mrmichaelt
Cross The Streams just posted Episode 36, which includes a chat with Erik Burnham and Dan Schoening
http://crossthestreams.ghostbustersnews ... 8Y.twitter

Here's a brief list of comic-related news, there's much more to listen to and great jokes.
*Dan Schoening is working on #11 currently
*The back up stories in Issues #11 and 12 will be six pages. Yes, six pages. But as a result, the main story will be a bit shorter in count.
*The back up in #11 is drawn by Felipe Torrent and involves Ray's Occult Books
*Eduardo might appear in #11
*Another character from The Video Game will be showing up in the comic

And perhaps, the coolest reveal so I'll put in spoiler tags, it involves the 8 part arc
YES.
rahum liked this
By Fritz
mrmichaelt wrote: And perhaps, the coolest reveal so I'll put in spoiler tags, it involves the 8 part arc
YES.
By mrmichaelt
Fritz wrote:
My friend, you forget...
So you see, there is a tie-in...

And also, Tristan posted a teaser of a cover he's currently working on
https://twitter.com/TRexJones/status/398235007027666945

But onto Issue #9!

Main Story
Easter Eggs so Far
By Kingpin
The Story:

The Trivia:
Not a lot that hasn't already been picked clean by my esteemed colleague, he's now even going to my anal level of detail in identifying the locations. :)
mrmichaelt liked this

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]