By PssdffJay
Ok, you asked for it. Photos of me in my GB boxers!

But before that, finished the dyeing and washed the suit with a whole bunch of salt to seal in the flavour, I mean colour. 30 minutes in the dryer and it's nice and toasty warm!

With flash

No flash
(Again with that strange colour shift in the middle. Do you see that or is it just my phone doing that? It doesn't show up in real life like that. )

And for comparison, I kept that pocket cover and it shows the original colour to the dyed colour.

With flash

No flash

Thoughts on the final colour?
By Matt Campbell
I think it looks good man.
PssdffJay liked this
By PssdffJay
I'm actually quite happy with it after looking at it over the last 2 days. Netflix Canada has all the Rocky movies so I started at Rocky and went all the way to III and sewed on my GB 2 no ghost logo. I probably did more watching than sewing and that's why it took so long. Once my name patch arrives from Pepi I'll take some photos in the sun.
By xaviorbat
Odd question just popped into my head rereading this thread for the 4th time today. What would the effect be if you fabric spray painted the suit, instead of dying it?
By Hoot
Not gunna lie probably wouldn't look too good. The item would have to be completely stripped of colour and rhe custom dye is to make it close to the GB2 charcoal ish colour
By PssdffJay
I did the dyeing in my washer no prob. I ran an empty wash cycle with detergent after to clean it out. You could boil the water and get a big tub to do it in too.

You would definitely spend a lot of money on fabric spray paint. I would say dye is the best way.
By abaka
Are you trying to dye it navy blue like the GB2 suits. I would have thought considering you're budget situation you've mentioned numerous times that a khaki costume would be cheaper...Plus being a first uniform, I'd have imagined it being an easier learning curve. Each to their own though.
By xaviorbat
I thought the GB2 were Slate grey, they all look slate grey in the pictures. I just liked GB2 type costumes better. Besides, dark colors hide stains better, and I tend to spill drinks and food when I wear things I want to keep clean.
abaka liked this
By abaka
xaviorbat wrote:I thought the GB2 were Slate grey, they all look slate grey in the pictures. I just liked GB2 type costumes better. Besides, dark colors hide stains better, and I tend to spill drinks and food when I wear things I want to keep clean.

The GB2 colour is probably in the same state of the GB2 colours, they look completely different in the film than they do in natural light. The Venkman shot against the containment unit clearly shows the flightsuit is khaki and not grey and the photos posted above clearly show the GB2 suits are a lot bluer than they look on screen.
By PssdffJay
Absolutely. It all has to do with the white balance. That's even why my dyed suit looks different with flash and without and will look different when I take it out into daylight and take a photo there.

I would say they definitely are way more blue then a charcoal or slate grey. I think the community has adopted the more grey colour though and that's why we dye them. The tru-spec navy is probably pretty close to what you would see by eye, but it's more of a try and match what is on screen.
By PssdffJay
"The Ghostbusters wore Uniforms (which was a CWU-27p Flight Suit) in both movies, though the color varied from light grey, to beige, to navy blue. The costume choice was meant to convey the look of a janitor or exterminator."

The "light grey" and "beige" (khaki) is from the first film. This has been discussed ad nauseum and is due to film stock and lighting. Although the material changed for the Khaki suits in GB2, there are only 2 suits not 3.

If you would like to debate this further, this should be opened in another thread.

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]