A little while back LEGO broke the news that they would be producing an official Ghostbusters set, following one of their recent Cuusoo votes.

With the opening of this year's ToyFair NY, Lego have debuted the Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary set, as well as providing a few more details concerning the release:

- The set is scheduled to go on sale in June of 2014, right in time for the film's 30th anniversary.
- The set will retail for $49.99.
- Ghostbusters Fans will have the set available for pre-order soon!

Click here to see more photos of the set.
Click the images for full-resolution

Edit: A Gallery of shots, including a look at the interior have been posted (as well as what appears to be a fresh attempt by LEGO at making a LEGOLAND-scale Ecto-1): Link

And for comparison, the original Cuusoo models:

Additional notes:
The set is composed of 508 pieces, including customised bricks emblazoned with the Ghostbusters logo, Ecto-1 licence plate and the Proton Pack Cyclotron.
Ecto-1 can hold three of the Ghostbusters, and features a removable roof.
Each Ghostbuster has a Proton Pack and each Ghostbuster's body features a unique nametag.
For UK fans, the set prices in around the £29 mark, however this is likely before VAT.
In comparison, the Back to the Future DeLorean set cost $58.59/£34.99, so it appears to actually be cheaper than the DeLorean set.
Jordin wrote:Now I know how the BTTF guys felt about their set. I'll still be picking this up though.
You're disappointed with the final set, Jordin? It because it doesn't have Slimer, or because it doesn't have the Firehouse?
I think adding one of those 1-stud sloped bricks on a double-ended Technic piece should help flesh-out the top of their Pack design, adding a representation for the Ion Arm.

Failing that though, there's still the BrickForge offerings:

ImageImage
BrickForge - Particle Pack
BrickForge - Particle Gun

BrickForge - Spectro Goggles

Also available in blue:

ImageImage
BrickForge - Blue Particle Pack
BrickForge - Blue Particle Gun
Heroic35 liked this
I don't like what they are using for Peter's hair. I think the cuusoo had a better sculpt. Too bad there won't be a PKE either.

I do think the Ecto looks great! I'll definitely be getting this.
Kingpin wrote:
Jordin wrote:Now I know how the BTTF guys felt about their set. I'll still be picking this up though.
You're disappointed with the final set, Jordin? It because it doesn't have Slimer, or because it doesn't have the Firehouse?
Neither, just some of the changes to the car and the packs is all.
Lovely rendition of the ecto, much more rounded and less blocky looking than the prototype and the roof rack detail is phenomenal. I agree, a slimer minifig or library ghost would finish this off perfectly but this is a definite buy for me, can't wait
Second post updated with a shot of the interior, and a link to a gallery of new photos.
PssdffJay wrote:I don't like what they are using for Peter's hair. I think the cuusoo had a better sculpt.
Unfortunately Cuusoo is very strict about any custom pieces in submitted sets.
What I might do is get 2 of these and build one as standard and the second to customize. It's been probably 15 years since playing it building with Lego, but they make such cool stuff now.
They worked off a great prototype. I really dig how the side windows are done... Gives alot of room inside. There are things I like about it and things I don't. It's FAR better than the DeLorean rendition... I'm still hoping to have Slimer thrown in last minute...
Not happy with the proton packs, that's for sure, and i really think they could have included a ghost without creating new molds. And why no 1a conversion? If it was going to be in the set we would have seen it here I think. The car's fine though, not that I need it, seeing as I have my own. Will definitely still pick it up though. I hope we can get additional sets from high sales.
My daughter collects lego & if you have spare lego parts, the packs look to be very easily customized by adding a couple extra blocks onto the back. I too was not impressed by the packs, but after looking through the kids lego I am very opttimistic they can be made to look better.
Heroic35 wrote:The name tags throw me off but only so much space. Getting two sets myself: one box and one play.
Mine could fit the whole surname :D (but the pack straps are extremely thin)

And the LEGO Rotta the Hutt makes a nice Slimer IMO

GabOchoa wrote:The only thing I don't really like about the original set is the lack of the logo in shoulder of the fig. Nowadays LEGO can print arms and legs, dunno why they chose not to.
These LEGO's have no logo on the arm and the new minimates have a logo on both arms. They just can't get it right. I guess you could switch a lego and minimate arm and have the best of both worlds.

Can't wait to pick up this ecto though.

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quick […]