For users in: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin.
Couldn't find a 2014 MCCC thread, so I thought I'd start one.

My pack is in pieces, some of which are in the mail, but my uniform is done and I fully intend on the pack being ready in time!

So let's hear it, who's going? When? Group picture? Parade? Who are you looking forward to seeing?
Originally my girlfriend and I were planning on going, but I actually think we are going to go to an event in Cleveland that happens to fall on the same weekend. It's not really a comic-con, I think they are calling it a character expo?
I know for certain I won't have a pack read in time due to monetary constraints, I might be lucky if I even had a superficial one ready, meaning no lights and minimal detail. I'll hopefully have a uniform shirt ready, MAYBE a PKE meter, but that's unlikely too.
Oh, trust me, I watched a few tutorial vids on Youtube and, yeah, I don't know if I trust me hands enough to try that.

In better news I just placed and order for a Neutrino wand and a PKE meter from Matty collector. Good enough on short notice I say.
Well, I may as well come out with it.

I was thinking to taking a stumpy length of PVC drain pipe, putting a flat cap on one end, drilling four holds in that end for cyclotron lights, and capping the other end with some kind of dome, which will have a connector for the hose, I also found a Nerf bandolier I've had laying around, I figure two small door handles for loops to attach the bandolier and I can have this "Proton bottle" or "Proton can" at my side. Of course having maybe a radiation hazard sticker or some hazard stripes on it.

Even better if I can get a cyclotron and power cell light kit to put in it, though I am iffy on orientation to have it vertical or horizontal, since either will make light visibility different, though if I attach a V hook for the wand that might dictate some of it too.

Also wondering if I can get an appropriate hose from the hardware store.

Like I said, weird and probably stupid.
Sounds fine to me, who really knows what the ghostbusters had in their full arsenal?
n0c00lgamertag wrote:Sounds fine to me, who really knows what the ghostbusters had in their full arsenal?

This is true.

I already had an excuse in mind that corporate only sent me a wand so I had to look up how to make a nuclear accelerator on the internet.
So we doing something as a group on Saturday or what? I'm busy there until after 13:00 or so but cool after that!
I have commitments on Saturday, but I'm thinking of going Sunday. I have the uniform (flight suit and patch), but that's about it for me. My 5 year old son has the pack I made, electronics kits included, trap, goggles and PKE meter. All (but the suite and patch) made by me. None of them are "movie authentic". I love the idea of GB related equipment that created with "the spirit of" the movie props, but take a slightly different form.

[begin soapbox speech]
I like the idea of GB fans groups essentially being a franchise of the original NY Ghostbusters. As such, each franchise might take some leeway on equipment creation in the hopes to improve efficiencies, etc. I see the GB equipment as an evolving science. If anyone has played the (relatively) recent GB game, you know the pack has been significantly added to. Why can't we make modifications and improvements? Even better if you can come up with the sudo-science lingo to explain your modified equipment.
[/end speech]

That being said, I also have the Matty Neutrona wand but no pack. I was thinking of trying to cobble something together in time for the Con. I'm not sure that will happen now. If I do manage to create something, I would be very simplistic and probably pretty crappy looking. I dunno... Often I see other's "crappy" creations and think they're quite clever. Who knows. Maybe. Regardless, it would great to see other GB fans there.

-Tom B.
Hooligan404 wrote:I have commitments on Saturday, but I'm thinking of going Sunday. I have the uniform (flight suit and patch), but that's about it for me. My 5 year old son has the pack I made, electronics kits included, trap, goggles and PKE meter. All (but the suite and patch) made by me. None of them are "movie authentic". I love the idea of GB related equipment that created with "the spirit of" the movie props, but take a slightly different form.

[begin soapbox speech]
I like the idea of GB fans groups essentially being a franchise of the original NY Ghostbusters. As such, each franchise might take some leeway on equipment creation in the hopes to improve efficiencies, etc. I see the GB equipment as an evolving science. If anyone has played the (relatively) recent GB game, you know the pack has been significantly added to. Why can't we make modifications and improvements? Even better if you can come up with the sudo-science lingo to explain your modified equipment.
[/end speech]

That being said, I also have the Matty Neutrona wand but no pack. I was thinking of trying to cobble something together in time for the Con. I'm not sure that will happen now. If I do manage to create something, I would be very simplistic and probably pretty crappy looking. I dunno... Often I see other's "crappy" creations and think they're quite clever. Who knows. Maybe. Regardless, it would great to see other GB fans there.

-Tom B.

Especially if each branch is left to their own devices on gear. sure corporate could have standardized gear to send out, but they could also say that each franchise will have to figure it out.

And I'm in a similar situation. I have the Matty wand and nothing to attach it to, so like you I'll be jury rigging something, I'll need hazard tape and a radiation decal though.
Ok, I thought I was going to Jury rig something, but no time, resources or enough money to do it.

I'll hopefully at least have my PKE meter though.

EDIT: That's IF I make it, I honestly don't drive, my family has other plans that weekend, and the friend I've gone with the past few years might have other plans as well.

I might bring my wand anyway.
I did see that. That must be a relatively new addition as I don't recall seeing that a few weeks ago. That's what drove me to go to the Chicago C2E2 event a couple of weeks ago where I did meet Ernie and got (paid for) his signature and got some photos with him (with own camera) as well. Fantastically nice fellow. He's originally from Benton Harbor, MI as well. Me and my boys (1 year old and 5 year old) were GB dressed (youngest as Mr. Stay Puft) and Ernie like our outfits so well he asked if he could get some pictures of himself taken with us. He said he'd "tweet" the picture, but it's not on his Twitter feed. Still, very cool and my boys were very excited and impressed. I made up a couple of "Inspected by: ____________" lines and asked him to sign one as himself and one as Winston. He obliged. I'm going to put the "Winston" signature on my son's proton pack and the "Ernie" signature on mine, assuming I get around to making the pack for myself someday.
Hooligan404 wrote:
kurisu7885 wrote:First year I went he was supposed to be there but cancelled.
No worries. There's still plenty of time for him to cancel again. However, let's hope not. ;-)
well hey, I got to wear a proton pack and have my picture taken next to an iconic car, so it wasn't a huge loss :P Seeing that thing in person is just, something else.
kurisu7885 wrote:well hey, I got to wear a proton pack and have my picture taken next to an iconic car, so it wasn't a huge loss :P Seeing that thing in person is just, something else.
I don't know if it was "the" ECTO-1A, but I did get my picture with Ernie and "an" ECTO-1A

Hooligan404 wrote:
kurisu7885 wrote:well hey, I got to wear a proton pack and have my picture taken next to an iconic car, so it wasn't a huge loss :P Seeing that thing in person is just, something else.
I don't know if it was "the" ECTO-1A, but I did get my picture with Ernie and "an" ECTO-1A

If it was on screen or not it's still a sweet vehicle.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]