AJ Quick wrote:Yeah. These are LEGO store exclusive (for now).
Does that mean it will also be available in the online Lego Store, or do I have to go to a mall?
So, I emailed the LEGO Store Customer Service, and this was their reply. A secret, possibly Ghostbusters-related item to be released also on June 1st? Hmmm... Or am I reading that wrong? =P
LEGO Store Customer Service wrote:Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Isn’t it exciting that there are so many new LEGO® sets every year? It’s great to see you’re eagerly waiting and trying to find out about what we’ve planned for the June 1 release of set 21102.

I'm sorry that I don't know the distribution of the new Ghostbusters set at the moment outside of the LEGO Shop. Something like that is coming on June 1 to the LEGO Shop, but we don't release more details until it is available. At this time there is no way to place a pre-order for the item. That’s because it takes a long time to design and make new toys, and we sometimes need every minute until they hit the shelves to make them perfect. Besides... we look forward to surprising you!
21102 is the Minecraft set.

21108 is Ghostbusters.

They are basically playing into the child aspect of LEGO. They want it to be a surprise. Up until recently their website just had a "The items you're searching for are coming soon!" message when searching for Ghostbusters.
So, do we know if they will be available in at least the Online Lego Shop as well, or in stores only?
I've just snuk out of work to nip to the Lego Store in Westfiedl Stratford and buy mine. :D

Lego are doing their usual annoying thing with new sets of refusing to let you buy more than one of them. They are saying it is expected to sell out by Monday.

Now I just have to resist the urge to start building it till I get home...
Just walked into a Lego store (about 2 hours away from me, as is almost every mall, I live in the middle of nowhere), and they ensured me that it will be available online by midnight, but they said quantities are limited and will probably sell out quickly... then slipped me a code for free shipping! Yippee!
Lists at $70. http://shop.lego.com/en-AU/Ghostbusters-Ecto-1-21108

Edit: And $30 shipping?!? That's what I expected to pay for 2 sets?! The thing is already in pieces!

Edit 2: ok so if you buy one thing at $5 to make it $75, free shipping apparently. Weird. http://shop.lego.com/en-US/free-shippin ... eeShipping
Terms and Conditions: *Free Shipping Every Day offer applies to online and catalog orders only. Qualifying purchase must be equal to or greater than $75 in merchandise only; any applicable taxes or value of gift cards purchased do not apply to merchandise total. Once your order reaches $75 free shipping will automatically be added to your order. Free shipping is via standard ground service; upgrades do not apply. If you choose another shipping option, additional charges will apply. Standard order processing and delivery time is 3-8 days from the date of order. Free shipping valid only in the contiguous United States and Canada. LEGO® Group reserves the right to cancel or modify this promotion at any time without advance notice.
its now available for purchase on the US site, but there is a disclaimer...

"We are currently experiencing technical difficulties and your order may take up to 24 hours to process. Please note that if your order qualifies for promotions, they will be applied after we have processed your transaction. Express shipping options and payment using VIP rewards are not available during this time. Product availability may also be inaccurate during this time. Your order confirmation email will be delivered after your transaction has been processed.

If you have any questions, please call our friendly Consumer Service Experts at the number shown at the bottom of this page. Please note that we are also unable to accept phone orders at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience."

seems my order went through... but they dont officially ship until June 1st

update: they just emailed me my receipt, so you guys are good to go!
Thanks for the heads up! Order complete! My total was $52.49, so those in the US can be assured that it does indeed carry the $49.99 price tag! =D

Note: By the way, for those wondering about my free shipping code, it's one of those "single-use" ones... Otherwise, I would have shared it with everybody... Sorry...
Smeghead wrote:Well, the Lego shop in Stratford has already sold out... And it's not even officially on sale yet!
I phoned The Statford store Sat morning as soon as they opened to see if they were selling it. I knew Bluewater was because I phoned the day before but couldn't make it and Statford would have been easier to get to that day. They told me they were not putting it on sale untill 1st June. MAybe they held some back for today?

I called Bluewater again to double check, had one put to one side and went and got it. Was told it was selling fast. The shelf was empty when I was there and was told they only had 3 cases left.
Ordered mine today and I cannot wait until it arrives. Like Doctor Venkman I agree it would have been nice to go to Wal Mart or a Toys R US and build it the same day. Still after following the project from its inception until now, I think it is great that a Lego Ghostbusters set is finally available to the public.
I got a little trigger happy on this one and went to the Lego store an hour before they opened, ( I never know with these things) Anyway, I got my 2. Now I am off to put one together.
Luckily we have a Lego store here in Calgary. When I was there last week they told me to call them in the morning and they would hold one for me. I called a few minutes today before they opened and told me they would hold 1 for me but they did have a line up of people waiting for them to open. I would have been more fun to show up early but we got there at about 1. They only had about 5 left when I got there.

The Lego people wanted a photo so I asked for one too.

It was last minute but I convinced Loki to come with and dress up. His son was pretty excited too. We even had a random women ask for a photo with her son. And then we split so we didn't cause a scene.
Spengs, NoodleMaps, Smeghead and 1 others liked this
If I didn't live so far away from my store, I would have done the same... super cool!
Order a set last night online and then got up early for the 2hr drive up to Phoenix to the Arrowhead mall. It was a lot of fun. The AZ Ghostbusters were greeting everyone at the door and really made the trip worth it. I got there right after they opened and there was maybe 15-20 sets on the shelf. When I left there were 3.

I took a few photos if you want to take a look http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/Noodl ... 201%202014
joeghostbuster, Kingpin liked this
That was cool! My store didn't have a display or anything. We should have planned better and gone when the doors opened.

Ecto-1 fan - I see what you did there! ;)
I got mine @ the Lego store in Rockefeller Center this morning but it retails for $54.99 + tax (instead of $49.99)...Wasn't in the mood to do the 'price matching' bit like maybe I shoulda but I'm just glad to have scored one...maybe it's because the store is in the middle of a high-tourist area?? LOL. So for my fellow New Yorkers, (and tourists), look out for that.
By tilallr1
PssdffJay wrote:Luckily we have a Lego store here in Calgary. When I was there last week they told me to call them in the morning and they would hold one for me. I called a few minutes today before they opened and told me they would hold 1 for me but they did have a line up of people waiting for them to open. I would have been more fun to show up early but we got there at about 1. They only had about 5 left when I got there.

The Lego people wanted a photo so I asked for one too.

It was last minute but I convinced Loki to come with and dress up. His son was pretty excited too. We even had a random women ask for a photo with her son. And then we split so we didn't cause a scene.
Awesome pic Jay. Thanks for putting that up. My son got a kick out of it, and then proceeded to give me a boot for not running out early enough to get it at our store, which of course is sold out. He's 6. Luckily still stock online.

Next time you should see if you can do some cross promotion thing with them ... they give you a free couple of lego stuff for you spending the day there. Maybe when they do the Firehouse ... please oh please oh please oh please ...

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]