Sony Entertainment just announced its plans to release Ghostbusters 1 & 2 in a new Blu-ray pack! The new Blu-ray will be completely remastered from new transfers and is scheduled to be released on September 16th. This is the first time Ghostbusters II has been released on Blu-ray and will be the first full 1080P release as well. The Ghostbusters II Blu-ray will feature bonus features including never before seen deleted scenes and a Ghostbusters roundtable discussion with Dan Aykroyd and Ivan Reitman. Complete list of special features:
Ghostbusters™ Blu-ray Special Features:
• NEW! Who You Gonna Call: A Ghostbusters Retrospective - Roundtable Discussion with Director Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd (Part 1)
• NEW! Poster Art Gallery – Gallery 1988 artwork
• NEW! “Ghostbusters” Music Video – Ray Parker, Jr.
• Legacy Content:
• Slimer Mode – Picture in Picture and Trivia Track
• Commentary w/ Ivan Reitman, Harold Ramis & Joe Medjuck
• 10 Deleted Scenes
• 1984 Featurette
• Cast and Crew Featurette
• SFX Team Featurette
• Ecto-1: Resurrecting the Classic Car
• Ghostbusters Garage: Ecto-1 Gallery Storyboard Comparisons
Ghostbusters™ II Blu-ray Special Features:
• NEW! Time Is But A Window: Ghostbusters II and Beyond - Roundtable Discussion with Director Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd (Part 2)
• NEW! Deleted Scenes
• NEW! “On Our Own” Music Video – Bobby Brown
Ghostbusters Fans will giving away several copies of the new Blu-ray directly from Sony Entertainment, so look forward for details on that!
The new transfer of Ghostbusters will also be making it's way back into theaters for 1 week starting on August 29th at over 700 theaters across the US.
Today also marks the launch of a brand new Ghostbusters.com website.
View the Press Release.