Sony Entertainment just announced its plans to release Ghostbusters 1 & 2 in a new Blu-ray pack! The new Blu-ray will be completely remastered from new transfers and is scheduled to be released on September 16th. This is the first time Ghostbusters II has been released on Blu-ray and will be the first full 1080P release as well. The Ghostbusters II Blu-ray will feature bonus features including never before seen deleted scenes and a Ghostbusters roundtable discussion with Dan Aykroyd and Ivan Reitman. Complete list of special features:

GHOSTBUSTERS™ Blu-ray Special Features:

• NEW! Who You Gonna Call: A Ghostbusters Retrospective - Roundtable Discussion with Director Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd (Part 1)
• NEW! Poster Art Gallery – Gallery 1988 artwork
• NEW! “Ghostbusters” Music Video – Ray Parker, Jr.
• Legacy Content:
• Slimer Mode – Picture in Picture and Trivia Track
• Commentary w/ Ivan Reitman, Harold Ramis & Joe Medjuck
• 10 Deleted Scenes
• 1984 Featurette
• Cast and Crew Featurette
• SFX Team Featurette
• Multi-Angles
• Ecto-1: Resurrecting the Classic Car
• Ghostbusters Garage: Ecto-1 Gallery Storyboard Comparisons

GHOSTBUSTERS™ II Blu-ray Special Features:

• NEW! Time Is But A Window: Ghostbusters II and Beyond - Roundtable Discussion with Director Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd (Part 2)
• NEW! Deleted Scenes
• NEW! “On Our Own” Music Video – Bobby Brown

Ghostbusters Fans will giving away several copies of the new Blu-ray directly from Sony Entertainment, so look forward for details on that!

The new transfer of Ghostbusters will also be making it's way back into theaters for 1 week starting on August 29th at over 700 theaters across the US.

Today also marks the launch of a brand new Ghostbusters.com website.

View the Press Release.
John Stevens 87 liked this
This is excellent news!!

I missed the chance to see it in theatre as a child, so I am hoping I will be able to catch it now :)
And the blu ray is amazing also!

Too bad they couldn't redo it in 3D like they did to Top Gun
AJ Quick wrote: The new transfer of Ghostbusters will also be making it's way back into theaters for 1 week starting on August 29th at over 700 theaters across the US.
That is the news I'm most excited for. I'll be at my local theater in full uniform, along with some fellow Portland Ghostbusters, I'm sure!

Just hope it's a real 35mm film print and not a crappy 4K video projection.
Man, I'm pumped! :cool:

I have a digital copy of GB2 in HD from when it was aired on HDNET, but it'll be great to finally see those deleted scenes! The new interviews should be exciting, and both flicks are in 4K, so that's awesome too!! :D

I just wish I didn't JUST buy the 4K Blu-Ray of GB1 last month now, I had a feeling something like this would happen what with the 30/25 anniversary. Ahh, the pressure of getting new home theater gear and wanting to watch something cool on it. :whatever:

- Xanath
It's about damn time! Haha! Stoked that Sony stepped up and are including some deleted scenes. I really hope that they include the deleted scenes that we want to see and not just alternate takes or extended scenes. I really wish they would include the Fort Detmerring and Louis vs. the gang bangers scenes to the Ghostbusters blu-ray. I'd love to see those but i'm not holding my breath. If this set didn't include GBII, I wouldn't double dip unless they found some magical way to make it look better than the 4K. Overall, i'm glad that it's finally getting a blu-ray release.
d_osborn wrote:
Doctor Venkman wrote:Geez... just saw the price that is listed on Ghostbusters.com...

$100 for this set? Man, that's steep.
I'm guessing that's for the box set with the Slimer and logo. The digibook will probably be cheaper.
So far that's the only version I've seen of the set.

If they're going to release one without the statue that's good though.
ThrowingChicken wrote:Ugh who is the design team in charge of the Ghostbusters releases, because they really suck at their job.
He's got a point.

The blue background with blinding light looks like it was meant for toothpaste packaging, and the logo appears to be having a stroke as it attempts to flash gang signs.

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]