Looks like now's the perfect time to buy Blu Ray Editions for these movies, I refused to buy the First Film on Blu Ray until the 2nd one came out as well. I waited because I knew that the First Film would get a new edition as soon as the 2nd one came out, I'm still using the 1999 DVD editions for both films.
I wish the trailers for the 2 films would be included as bonus features, they haven't been part of the Special Features list since the 1999 editions. That's another reason I still have those editions, and will still keep them even after I get the Blu Rays.
VincentVegaFFF wrote:Very exciting! I wonder if the first film will be the 4k transfer? I never did upgrade from the original blu ray.
It will at least be a 4K transfer. We won't know if its the same one until it is released though.
brad84 liked this
Hoot wrote:This is excellent news!!

I missed the chance to see it in theatre as a child, so I am hoping I will be able to catch it now :)
And the blu ray is amazing also!

Too bad they couldn't redo it in 3D like they did to Top Gun

3D would be nice. While it's not like the theater & BD 3D I have one of those LG TV's with the 2D to 3D feature and both films look good that way.

I am excited for this release and I will get the 1&2 Digibook since I didn't get the 4K disc. I read both are 4K so if it's like the TT Christine BD's PQ it will be great.
Why are we not talking more about the GBII deleted scenes?

Guys, we are getting GBII deleted scenes!!

GBII DELETED SCENES.

.... It's not a new "director's cut," but damn!! We may finally get to see the possessed Ecto sequence and hopefully get a clearer picture of the film that GBII COULD have been if it'd been allowed to be.

Tell me that's not a joyous announcement.
Can I take a moment to express how much I dislike that new logo?
It looks so unnatural and contorted! Who designed that monstrosity?! It's almost like the little guy is trying to twerk!

I don't like the idea of doing a logo with two of the "peace-sign" hands, but if you're gonna do it, at least make it look normal, and not like some car-dealership dancing lawn ornament, folded over on itself, arms in the air.

Keep it simple. Keep it classy, and try not to modify it more than you have to, unless you want to make a new image, entirely. ;)

GabOchoa, Carpeteria, Glenn Frederick and 2 others liked this
M.Thunder wrote:Why are we not talking more about the GBII deleted scenes?

GBII DELETED SCENES.

.... It's not a new "director's cut," but damn!! We may finally get to see the possessed Ecto sequence and hopefully get a clearer picture of the film that GBII COULD have been if it'd been allowed to be.

Exactly.
brad84 liked this
Mike_D wrote:
M.Thunder wrote:Why are we not talking more about the GBII deleted scenes?

GBII DELETED SCENES.

Exactly.
Is this where Ray goes nuts and runs the car into a tree?
brad84 liked this
It seems the official site is using an image of Playskool's old pack on the teaser for the new website. Even though it really just comes down to some lazy web developer snagging an image off the internet, it does sort of make this well-known pack "officially" recognized by the studio...

Here's a quick-and-dirty comparison:
Agreed... we're lucky enough that Sony doesn't take us all down... Let's enjoy our fandom while we have it...
joeghostbuster, brad84 liked this
The many stages of reaction to this announcement...

- Ghostbusters II finally on Blu-ray!

- Deleted Scenes!

- ...wait... 10 on the first movie? So the Criterion released scenes still won't make the cut again?

- New roundtable!

- ...with two people? Isn't that just a two-top?

- Music videos!

- ...wait, just those two?

- Legacy Content!

- ...wait, that's it? But the press release says, "all previously released legacy content" -- they know there's a lot more out there already readily available to them that they wouldn't even need to pay a vendor like me for to put on the disc, right?

- Digibook packaging!

- GOOD GOD WHAT IS THAT LOGO?!? Looks like someone went to the Rob Liefeld school of anatomy drawing.

- Trailer with never before seen clips!

- ...wait, what's new... and is that the Hallmark Spooky Sounds version of the theme song? You couldn't pay RPJ for the single-use?

Anyway, I'm really excited. Still feel that this is just another placeholder for the real ultimate edition that'll come sometime when we're all old and grey. Okay, older than we are already. And thanks for the shout-out Ozzy, a guy can dream can't he?
brad84 liked this
Um, ok... Thank you for voicing your resentment (which is funny, because you basically just stated that you resent the original poster, who is AJ, and who is also the owner of this site)... Now let's get back to friendlier talk...
Glenn Frederick liked this
ATTENDED BLOOMS wrote:I resent anyone who refers to the first movie as "Ghostbusters 1".

It's "Ghostbusters" & Ghostbusters II". Everyone knows that.
If that's your second post, I'd hate to read your first
Glenn Frederick liked this
PssdffJay wrote:I hope he is getting compensated for the image.
Is Sony getting compensated for everyone selling props? Sony owns the rights to those and hasn't shut down everyone who is, frankly, illegally making money off of Sony's intellectual property.

Just because Sony hasn't shut them down doesn't mean its right of people to be able to do that.
Doctor Venkman wrote:
PssdffJay wrote:I hope he is getting compensated for the image.
Is Sony getting compensated for everyone selling props? Sony owns the rights to those and hasn't shut down everyone who is, frankly, illegally making money off of Sony's intellectual property.
This. Basically everybody on this site has made, bought, and sold "counterfeit" merchandise, and if they wanted to, Sony could come down on us like a hammer Son't doesn't want to because this kind of commerce is the glue that holds the community together and we are basically advertising Sony's IP for free.

If all they want in exchange is to put a photo of someone's homemade pack on their website, I sure don't think it's wise to ask too many more questions. No, Playskool will never be paid for use of the image, but he's not being sued for making "knock-off" merchandise either, so I call it a good day.
Very much so... we are considered free publicity for Sony, they benefit from what we do without spending money, and we benefit from them by allowing us to continue our hobby without legal backlash... calling it a day is our best course of action...

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]