Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By Fritz
So Total Containment has everything of the Ongoing Series minus the few proceeding issues. Wonder if there will be a Complete Collection like those Omnibus things. I haven't bought any of these comics and would like to read just the Ongoing Series for now. If one to start at just #1, would they be missing any information regarding what's what outside of the movies and game?
Sort of. You don't really have to because the writing is so good and brings you up to speed but to get the whole picture, you would need Ghostbusters: Infestation #1 and 2. What happens at the end of it leads into the events surrounding #1-4 of the ongoing. Some of Tristan Jones' PCOC files in the supplementary section are about entities/characters from the Displaced Aggression mini-series and the What in Samhain Just Happened?! one shot. That's pretty much it... you can get away with not reading the other IDW GB material. Of course, if you factor in Dan Schoening's easter eggs and references, your question may as well get tossed out the window. lol.
I also have to point out one other pre-Ongoing one-shot, "Tainted Love". It's the first appearance of Tiyah Clarke, the woman Winston marries in Vol.2 #13. Again, not "essential", but of some historical interest. It's also in the Haunted Holidays collection.
SPJ liked this
By M.Thunder
Oh, you know, Vigo's escaped from the painting (which they never explained how he popped back into in the first place)
Hmm, they never did explain it in The Video Game did they? I recall the prevailing theory was the P.K.E. shockwave triggered by Ilyssa Selwyn restored the Vigo tapestry.
This has nothing to do with anything, but I still think Ilyssa Selwyn should have turned out to be the Big Bad of the video game. Ever read "The Strange Case of Charles Dexter Ward?" Something like that would have been so epic. Everyone was a little too willing to decide she was innocent of any intentional wrongdoing, and I was hoping just once they'd be proved wrong. Oh well.

Again, this has nothing to do with anything.
But with the design of the Mandala system and its effect on ghosts, the shock wave wasn't enough to do much to Vigo (I guess Shandor learned his lesson after Vigo jacked his river). But in any case, you got me thinking. Perhaps Erik slipped in some exposition about it in this month's issue.
I'm sure we'll find out how Vigo got out of his painting, if this turns out to be the real Vigo and not some Goddess-powered copy of him or something. Last time we saw him, he needed to possess a human to manifest outside of his painting, and my guess is it's Poha. That's just a guess though.
God damn it, I hope we get some resolution in the next three issues.
It sounds like there will be resolution but a 'the adventure continues' type ending. It's not like the IDW canon is vanishing. Once Issue #20 ends, I'm hopeful it'll just briefly be on 'pause' until the next thing comes along. Looking forward to Comic Con.
[/quote]

We now know we're getting a 4 issue TMNT/GB crossover that'll keep our Erik/Dan/Luis/T-Rex team together until at least January. So there's that. Lets hope the sales of that are strong enough to get more stuff from that team, like when the Ongoing was greenlit off of the strength of the Infestation arc.

By the way, that's another thing any studio smart enough to hire Erik Burnham to write "Ghostbusters III" for them would get: a guy who took the prompt "Ghostbusters vs. Zombie Stay-Puft" and wrote something strong enough that they gave him a whole series.
Egon and Kylie realize that Vuul and Zinz Clortho are still hiding inside Dana and Louis.
Cute, Fritz. It's odd they aren't named yet. Personally, I've been going by Anzu and Siris. Heh.
[/quote]

I like all these ideas, but I haven't seen the need to name them since they don't really have personalities, they just squak, follow orders, and look intimidating. They haven't done anything yet.
EDIT: Another easter egg ID'ed in Issue #17. On the last page, there's that box near the stairwell. It's got the Ghostbusters: Hot Rods of the Gods in the front. One of the West End RPGs from the 1980s. I think someone here asked what it was.
Where does Dan FIND this stuff???
SPJ liked this
By mrmichaelt
Bobby Curnow confirmed the TMNT/GB miniseries' story's Ghostbusters universe is in canon with the ongoing so it continues!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showpo ... stcount=34
I also have to point out one other pre-Ongoing one-shot, "Tainted Love". It's the first appearance of Tiyah Clarke, the woman Winston marries in Vol.2 #13. Again, not "essential", but of some historical interest. It's also in the Haunted Holidays collection.
Ah yes, thanks for adding that in Fritz.
Last time we saw him, he needed to possess a human to manifest outside of his painting, and my guess is it's Poha. That's just a guess though.
I thought he needed to possess a human again in order to live again... he did appear outside the painting in the movie as a ghost and without a host. He drew enough juice from the Hart Island surge like he did the negatively charged River of Slime to leave the painting.
We now know we're getting a 4 issue TMNT/GB crossover that'll keep our Erik/Dan/Luis/T-Rex team together until at least January. So there's that. Lets hope the sales of that are strong enough to get more stuff from that team, like when the Ongoing was greenlit off of the strength of the Infestation arc.
The strength of TMNT fans will help with sales.
Where does Dan FIND this stuff???
It's a constant wonder how he decides to put what where in the limited time he has.
By mrmichaelt
Main Story
*Vigo battle
Hey I admit part of me was hoping Ron was going to get killed off but seeing Vigo get shot point blank with the Boson Caster was pretty damn cool. Seeing Winston improvise rather than join in yelling at Ray was also very cool. And he figured out how to defeat Vigo all on his own! Ha.

*Ray
Spider Witch! Not really, but appearance-wise, always great to see another from TVG. So it seems like more so after listening to Gozer's lines, he and Tiamat have a definite yin and yang thing going. It sounded like their presence in the same plane energizes both to the point they are at the same level.

*Firehouse battle
Had a feel Egon would have to resort to modifying those Arm Mounted Packs. Glad it took 10 minutes. But bummer they skipped over it. Egon's "Please don't" was so :mrgreen:. I guess that's that with the Terror Birds. For now. Loved the Tiamat cameo. So creepy.

*Interlude
YES! Very brilliant nod to Bridget Gibbons from Sanctum of Slime. Wonder who Kas is to Bridget - older sister maybe. I like how she rubbed in Tiyah 'finally got married'. Her last lines were troubling/foreshadowing...

*The rest of the story
Peter's offer to draw in a beret was GREAT. :D But the zoom in on Vigo's red eyes is foreboding... considering what happened in Ghostbusters II. Actually lot's of great lines. Kylie, Louis, Egon, probing. Hoot. But amid all that, a heartbreaking scene with Peter and Dana. Guess he's not a total cad after all. Aw, Ray.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Easter Eggs so far:
Subscription Cover
*Appearing around Egon are:
**The Sphinx from the Extreme Ghostbusters episode "The Sphinx"
**Edward Kirilian from the Extreme Ghostbusters episode "Heart of Darkness"
**A Were-Chicken from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Poultrygeist"
**The Clock Ghost from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Three Men and an Egon"
**Loci from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Egon's Dragon"
**The Boogieman from The Real Ghostbusters
**Copycat from The Real Ghostbusters episode "The Copycat"
**The Gulper Ghost from Kenner's The Real Ghostbusters toyline included with Egon Spengler

Page 2
*Ron Alexander shoots Vigo point blank in the face with his Boson Caster like he first did in the Mass Hysteria! Prelude in Volume 2 Issue #12.

Page 4
*Gozer takes on the form of the Spider Witch from Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Realistic Versions
*Also present in the vision are the Spider Crawlers and Spectral Spawning Husks from Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Realistic Versions

Page 6
*Ray Stantz pukes from seasickness once again like in Volume 2 Issue #7
*Peter Venkman wears a yellow raincoat like his animated predecessor did in the back half of The Real Ghostbusters episode "The Devil in the Deep"
*Also from The Real Ghostbusters episode "The Devil in the Deep" is the power source Peter used for his thermal blaster.
*Ray references the Ghostbusters' battle against Vigo in Ghostbusters II.
*Winston's handkerchief bears the Sedgewick Hotel logo, like the one used by the Hotel manager in the first movie.

Page 7
*As mentioned in the previous issue, the Vigo painting is shown having been drawn all over. It includes a cat - a nod to Peter's 'Carpathian Kitten Loss' line in the second movie, the word 'Bonehead' refers to a line Peter uses while he's mouthing off at Vigo during the final battle, and the word 'Butch' refers to Peter's "Vigo the Butch?" line when the Ghostbusters first investigated the Manhattan Museum of Art.
*Under the table is the Imp from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Chicken, He Clucked"

Page 8
*The Robobot from the Extreme Ghostbusters episode "The Infernal Machine" is on the bottom shelf behind the Terror Bird on the right.
*On the right of the first panel are the flightsuits of The Real Ghostbusters.

Page 9
*Egon's footlocker is once again dressed as the Harold Ramis tribute done by Dan Schoening and Luis Delgado. It includes the:
**Cheese Its, a nod to the first movie when the Ghostbusters have their first interview with Dana
**Slinkie, a nod to the second movie when Egon and Ray check out Oscar's bedroom
**Ghostbusters II logo
**A Mood Slime jar
**A P.K.E. Meter
**A framed Pacific Monthly, a nod to the first movie during the first montage
**A package of Twinkies
**An annotated Tobin's Spirit Guide
**A Trap
**When the Trap is removed, there are three bottles labeled 'Spores', 'Mold' and 'Fungus' - a nod to the first movie when Egon tells Janine what his hobby is

Page 11
*Above Egon on the white locker is the Sandman's bag and blowgun from The Real Ghostbusters "Mr. Sandman Dream Me a Dream"
*Kylie jokes about the 'Young priest and an old priest' aspect of The Exorcist

Page 12
*The La Fleur French Cafe is from the Extreme Ghostbusters episode "The Crawler" when Janine and Samsa go on a date.
*The daily special board references Chef Sargossa from Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Stylized Versions
*The Dock Supervisor and his co-worker from the second movie walk outside the cafe
*The Dock Supervisor is wearing a Pier 34 hat, a nod to where they were in the second movie when they saw the Titanic and Statue of Liberty arrive.
*On the wall between Kas and Tiyah is a portrait of Luigi from Slimer!
*The portrait to the far right by the doors is of the Phantom Craftwork from Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Stylized Versions
*The blonde woman is the late Ghostbusters superfan, Doreen Mulman, and the man is Rolo from the Ghostbusters of Mexico fan franchise.
*Above Rolo's head, is a plaque with the 'Today Eastside Theatre Guild Midnight Buffet' sign from the Sedgewick Hotel in the first movie
*Tiyah alludes to the Blood Rain prevalent in this arc and the Talking Pigeons from Volume 2 Issue #14

Page 13
*The Etc. piece on the wall is a nod to the same piece in Louis' apartment in the first movie
*Kas' credit card is with the Manhattan City Bank from the first movie
*Kas' last name is revealed on her credit card: Gibbons. This is the same last name as the Ghostbusters named Bridget in Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime.

Page 14
*Peter is wearing his orange jacket from the first movie when he meets with Dana outside the Lincoln Center
*Ray mentions the Scoleri Brothers, who briefly appeared last issue
*Also like in the previous issue, one panel bears an homage to when the camera zooms in on Vigo's red eyes like in the second movie when Ray is possessed.
*In the cardboard box is a copy of the misspelled Wierd Fiction magazine from The Real Ghostbusters' episode "Mr. Sandman, Dream Me a Dream"

Page 15
*The business card on the table is a nod to the character Frank Bannister, portrayed by Michael J. Fox, in the movie "The Frighteners" where he becomes a psychic who works as a fraudulent exorcist.
*The 'Come Visit...' poster from Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Realistic Versions, is (accurately) hanging up near the stairs.
*Also present is the ladder and towel seen in Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Realistic Versions
*Poso's file from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Partners in Slime" is on the computer
*Dana and Louis' blankets are similar in color to the ones they wore at the end of the first movie.
*Egon was the Standard Ghosts and Identification Test, specifically the Protoplasmic Manifestation Type 6 and Recreational Zombie Haitian Variety cards, seen in The Real Ghostbusters episode "Hanging By a Thread"
*Egon also holds copies of Rottweiler on Olfactory Manifestations from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Ghostbusters of the Year" and Golden Grimbor from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Loathe Thy Neighbor"
*On the shelf above Peter are:
**The back of the box for Kenner's Proton Pack toy
**Kenner's Fright Features Egon action figure
**The Proton Shotgun belongs to Deuce of the Louisiana Ghostbusters fan franchise.
*On the chalkboard is a He-Man themed party flier called "Parties of the Universe," a nod to who the children were expecting at the birthday party near the start of the second movie
**The top note is "Does kid parties?" - a further nod to the scene and Winston's disdain for them
**The bottom note refers to Ray's line after the party about "Ungrateful yuppie larvae"
*Holding up the party flier is a magnet based on Killerwatt's host body in The Real Ghostbusters episode "Killerwatt"
*The chalkboard features the Particle Stream equations seen in Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Realistic Versions
*Peter holds up a snow globe like in the second movie when he enters Dana's apartment.

Page 16
*By Dana is the side of the Paranormal Research Containment Tank, bearing an accurate representation of the equipment's name.
*Peter alludes to Oscar and his Joe Namath jersey.

Page 17
*The poster nods to Marc and Saxon of Following the Nerd.
*On the chalkboard behind Dana is:
**Top Left: A section on Hart Island with Vigo's full name and Scoleri Bros. written down
**Top Right: An informal timeline with past, 1985, and future.
***The 'Future Us?' references the future versions of the original four Ghostbusters encountered in Volume 2 Issue #16
**Middle: A reference to Tiamat, crude drawing, and mention of her role as a monster of chaos and goddess of ocean.
**Middle: A reference to the Chaoskamf, the classic mythological struggle against chaos.
**Middle: A reference to Marduk, seen and mentioned in Volume 2 Issue #14
**Middle: A reference to Barrett and Tully
**Middle: A side note "Geoff RE: 4WD", referencing Geoff and the Ecto-4WD from Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime
**Bottom: A reference to Chicago and Ilyssa Selwyn from Ghostbusters: Video Game, who appeared in Volume 2 Issue #12
***Selwyn's phone number is written down as 312-922-9410, the phone number for the Field Museum, also seen in Volume 2 Issue #12
*Once again, the Pin-Up Calendar of Doom is in the tank. This time it is on March. The layout matches up with it being March 1996.
*The 15 easter egg is on the calendar.
*The calendar girl on March is based on Evilyn from the Ghostbusters of British Columbia fan franchise.

Page 18
*The computer is on the Occult Reference Net's results on Vigo seen in the second movie
*Winston alludes to the Blood Rain
*Kylie alludes to Ray's Occult
*The 'Humbaba' in Humbaba Paper refers to a giant in Mesopotamian mythology.

Page 19
*Peter inquires about human sacrifice, something mentioned in the Ghostbusters' Mass Hysteria speech to Mayor Lenny in the first movie.

Page 20
*Under the computer is an Imp from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Janine's Day Off"
EDIT: And as bonus, the Volume 9 trade is up on Amazon for preorder and it reveals the front cover. Since the Amazon date is December 30, the tentative general release will be December 17.
By Kingpin
The Story
The end is fast approaching.

The business on Hart Island has the Ghostbusters distracted (intentionally of course), and Ray's no use as he's currently "bye, bye" with Gozer, it's up to the rest of the team to find a solution. With Ron both managing to get himself manhandled and then released by Vigo, Winston gets to prove his credentials as a full member of the team, and show he is the most sensible one, by grabbing Ray's Slime Blower and outsmarting Vigo by dousing the Hart Island ghosts and freeing them from his control.

The ghosts dispose of Vigo, and present something this incarnation of the Ghostbusters haven't seen before, a collective of spirits who are happen to not bother anyone as long as the Ghostbusters pay them the same courteousy.

Meanwhile, Egon and Kylie are able to subdue Dana and Louis, and even successfully manage to remove the minions of Tiamat that were possessing them, and just in time for the rest of the Ghostbusters to return to the Firehouse.

Some speculation concerning Vigo ensues, but this short scene is simply the lead-up to THE scene that the Mass Hysteria! arc has been building up to since the first issue, Dana and Peter.

In a rare moment, Peter lowers his usual glib demeanour to reveal somebody who not only cares a great deal still for Dana, even after all that's happened, but someone who has also grown attached to Oscar. It's a nice scene that shows that Peter is a decent human being, he just hides behind a persona a lot of the time. The scene reveals why they broke up, but in this case they broke up because Peter felt it was the right thing to do. The talk between them only lasts two pages, but it covers a lot of ground, and the conversation ends with them both on good terms.

What does this mean for the future? It's uncertain... obviously Peter and Mel seemed to be developing something back when he was kidnapped by the Collectors. If not for any other reason but to avoid retreading covered ground, I get the feeling time has finally been called on Peter and Dana's romantic relationship, and that now they're good friends.

Giving Dana some space, Peter joins up with Ray, Egon, Winston, Kylie and Louis in the Lab, just in time to see something really hinky happening with Ray... based on the effects, which resemble how humans looked when possessed by the possessor ghosts in Ghostbusters: The Video Game - realistic version, I'd say he's possessed.

Venkman definitely stole the show this issue in making me laugh, specifically with his lines relating to Vigo (and a nice little bit showing off his observational skills in noticing the burn on Vigo's head). The scene with him and Dana was also touching, and really makes me regret that this comic is coming to an end.

Kylie and Egon have also proven to be quite a fun dynamic through this and previous issues... and on the whole she, as well as the rest of the ensemble who've been introduced in the IDW series has proven to be a fun addition.

Next month: the penultimate issue.
Easter Eggs
My esteemed colleague has covered pretty much all the ground.

Page 17
* The timeline on the blackboard is the timeline Doc Brown mapped out to explain to Marty the cause and problems stemming from the alternate 1985 they ended up in, in Back to the Future - Part 2.

Page 18/19
* The device Kylie is scanning Louis with is a modified version of the PKE Meter that appears in Ghostbusters: The Video Game - stylised version. The modifications have removed the wings and handle.
EDIT: And as bonus, the Volume 9 trade is up on Amazon for preorder and it reveals the front cover. Since the Amazon date is December 30, the tentative general release will be December 17.
Looks like it's one half of a pretty awesome looking wrap-around cover. :)
mrmichaelt, SPJ liked this
By mrmichaelt
Page 17
* The timeline on the blackboard is the timeline Doc Brown mapped out to explain to Marty the cause and problems stemming from the alternate 1985 they ended up in, in Back to the Future - Part 2.
Do you happen to remember if there was a "Y" and "Fusion Adaptor" written between the two '1985's on the timeline? I'm trying to figure out if this is part of the drawing, a Mr. Fusion nod, or a GB nod like the Fusion Adapters in "Back in the Saddle"
And I also found one more easter egg:
Page 16
*On panel 1 and 2, in the left corner, there's a sign for a Zalinsky 1/4 drill. I believe this is a nod to Ray Zalinsky, portrayed by Dan Aykroyd, a character in the movie "Tommy Boy" who ran an auto parts company.
Looks like it's one half of a pretty awesome looking wrap-around cover. :)
Agreed!

EDIT 8/5: Here's the front cover of the Volume 8 trade, out tomorrow:
https://twitter.com/Dapperpomade/status ... 5106379776

As Kingpin pointed out, the covers for Volume 8 and 9 do connect into one image. Looks rad.
By Fritz
Fritz Babbles About Ghostbusters #34 (V2#18)
So where were we? The Ghostbusters have been split into two groups:

Venkman, Ray, Winston, Janine, Mel, Jenny, Dani, Lou, and All The Rest, are on Hart Island dealing with Vigo the Butch.

Egon and Kylie, meanwhile, are back at GBCentral dealing with Dana and Louis, who have been taken back over by Vuul and Zinz Clortho, the Terror Bird minions of Tiamat.

So, first to Venkman and company:

Ron tries to shoot Viggy, but Viggy just kind of laughs it off. Winston tries the slime blower; again, nothing, but suddenly some glowy whitish tendrils start to grab the undead Carpathian despot.

Ray is missing all of it, by the way--he's once more been sucked into another narcoleptic episode courtesy of Gozer. It's kind of a disturbing thought--what if it's been Gozer all long, all the way back to the first appearance of the John Belushi spirit guardian thirty-four issues ago? Or has it been Tiamat all along? Both ideas seem awfully plausible at this point.

Anyway, the white glowy things are spirits native to Hart Island. They take care of Vigo in return for being left in peace. Later, when Ray wakes up, he expresses confusion about Vigo--the mood slime only worked last time because they had access to the receptacle of Vigo's spirit--the painting. Which is about as close as we'll ever get to explaining why he was back there in the Video Game; that must have been an ugly surprise for the museum one day in 1990 or 1991 when their painting of four angels and a cherub turned back into The Sorrow of Moldavia.

Egon and Kylie, meanwhile, aren't having any luck dealing with Vuul and Zinz with the arm blasters (similar to the ones Winston used in "Tainted Love", the first appearance of the new Mrs. Zeddemore), only accomplishing the destruction of the monitor on the reception desk. Yeah, I thought it was funny when Kylie threatened to tell Janine he did that and Egon was all "Please don't." They can just blame it on the Terror Birds, I guess.

Anyway, to free Dana and Louis, Egon and Kylie resort to yet another patented Ghostbuster Risky Plan: tune the ghost traps to the difference in spiritual frequencies etc etc and try to suck the entities out of them. Sensibly, they try it on Zinz first, since Louis is the more expendable of the two--it works, and a few minutes later Dana and Louis are back to normal (say it with me: normal being a fairly relative term in this case) while Vuul and Zinz Clortho are on their way to a permanent roosting spot downstairs.

Speaking of the new Mrs. Zeddemore, Tiyah's having dinner with a friend of hers by the name of Kaz Gibbons, who seems to not be really happy for her friend. Kaz is in a wheel chair and, in the first panel she appears in, looks like she might be pregnant. I suspect Kaz is related to Bridget Gibbons from Sanctum of Slime, possibly her Mom, though the baby Kaz might be carrying right now wouldn't be old enough if the timelines work out the way we've been led to: this being c.1996, and SOS taking place in 2010 or 2011, Bridget would have to have been an awfully early-blooming fourteen year old for that to work.

The suspicions about Vigo not really being Vigo are only validated when the rest of the team gets back to GBCentral--sure enough, Vigo's still in the painting. Another piece of Tiamat's plan? As Kylie says later in the issue, what happens when she gets bored with "screwing around" with them? Good news, Kylie--only two more issues left to possibly find out!

So next we get a pretty important scene: Venkman and Dana alone.

There's always been a wierd bit of schizophrenia in the franchise's treatment of Venkman and Dana's relationship. On the one hand, it's central to both movies, with Venkman winning Dana's affections, losing them, then winning them again five years later being a central part of his character arc. On the other hand, mostly due to restrictions imposed by Columbia/Sony, Dana is never seen and rarely even mentioned anywhere else; "Mass Hysteria" is only the second time (after the 2004-2005 "Legion" miniseries by 88MPH) that Dana had a role in anything outside a movie or a movie adaptation. That lack of on-screen follow-up is why I can only think of Venkman and Dana as the franchise's "B" couple at best (and there have been times where I'd rank Eduardo and Kylie as more interesting).

And I'm not sure what to make of the scene. The dialog basically tells us Venkman dumped her this time, not because he didn't care--because he clearly does--but because he doesn't want Dana pulled into all the nonsense with the paparazzi. He makes a bit of a point, but on the whole...well, I guess this is about the best we can get with threading the needle of Venkman's character arc in the movies and pure licensor politics that have kept Dana away. The scene certainly lessens the "Venkman is a loser" factor, but I can't really call it totally satisfying.

So we end with Egon examining Ray in the colander, while Kylie and Winston speculate about Tiamat's plans and try to keep Louis shut up.

Oh, and then Ray levitates, his eyes glow red, and he starts sparking like he was one of the Scoleri brothers.

This...is really, really not good.
(sigh) And only two (or six) more to go.
SPJ liked this
By mrmichaelt
1) Fritz, it was just Gozer in #17 posing as the spirit guide at first.

In my mind, I think Kaz is Bridget's mom, too. But I think she already had Bridget and is probably around the same age as Alan who appeared WAY back in the very first issue.

2) Tristan Jones posted a finished Slimer fanart on his Twitter.
https://twitter.com/TRexJones/status/499408768572993536

This fanart combined with Tristan's TMNT/GB #1 sub cover... get's me all nostalgic. I REALLY want see Tristan's art in Volume 3 if it happens. Or a Jones-written story. I still got love for all those pitches he's talked about - like the Spider Witch one.
By Fritz
1) Fritz, it was just Gozer in #17 posing as the spirit guide at first.
Well, yeah, but every once in a while these little brain drizzles get into my head and I gotta pick at them.
In my mind, I think Kaz is Bridget's mom, too. But I think she already had Bridget and is probably around the same age as Alan who appeared WAY back in the very first issue.
Yeah, that's pretty much how I see it too.
2) Tristan Jones posted a finished Slimer fanart on his Twitter.
https://twitter.com/TRexJones/status/499408768572993536

This fanart combined with Tristan's TMNT/GB #1 sub cover... get's me all nostalgic. I REALLY want see Tristan's art in Volume 3 if it happens. Or a Jones-written story. I still got love for all those pitches he's talked about - like the Spider Witch one.
Seconded.
mrmichaelt, SPJ liked this
By TristanJones
That slimer art is actually my final Ghostbusters cover. Kinda sad to say it. The Ghostbusters TMNT #2 will be my last cover for that too. The deadlines for Silent Hill have been crazy so I wasn't able to stick around for #3 and #4. I was told there's a vague chance that I might get a shot at writing and drawing a 6 or so issue miniseries next year, which I'd love to do, but I'd say Volume 3 will be Erik and Dan doing their thing again. The mini-series thing comes down to a few things though I'd suspect and I'm not holding my breath. The Spirit Guide, the Tobin's stories, the RGB digital comics/mini-series, the annual story... even the three stories I'd been asked to pitch in the past never eventuated so I've got a vague feeling it could be one of those "never meant to be" situations. Which is a shame, because there are one or two stories I'm dying to tell and I think folks'd really dig, but it is what it is. Never say never, I guess...
By mrmichaelt
That's too bad to hear TMNT/GB #2 will be your last cover but deadlines are deadlines.

Hmm, so there will be/could be another miniseries after the crossover... if you get it - both writing and drawing, do you sleep? ;)

Theoretically, if there's a Volume 3 and Erik is too busy with other projects - would it be possible for you to write an arc or two and still have Erik be there as a consultant (making sure continuity is preserved, set up for his stories down the line, etc.) or would you only be back doing covers, PCOC files and the occasional back up story?
By TristanJones
That would be I guess up to Tom. All of that. If the opportunity is still there, I'll chase it up, but I can't say for certain what I'll be doing. If anything... I definitely won't be going back to doing PCOC files stuff. We did that with the intention of collecting them all together in their own book, but I don't think that was ever really going to happen. To be honest, I'm kind of at a point now, professionally speaking, where I'd rather tell complete stories. Writing and drawing. I still love reading what Erik's doing and love Dan's art to death, but if Volume 3 were up to me I'd probably be taking a scorched earth approach and telling all new stories. Nothing that discounts what Erik and Dan are doing, but we're all different story tellers. I'm sure (because I seem to recall this coming up) if Erik were to ever bring the Sandman into the comic continuity, it'd be completely different to the way I'd do it. My art isn't anything like Dan's either -- that's how I see things and portray them, and that's how I see things generally when I'm writing, so what you see from me visually is pretty close to how it'd feel if I were writing. A little bit grimier I guess.

I think what I'm saying is that there's no way of knowing. I've gone about a very roundabout way of saying that the way I tell Ghostbusters stories is different to Erik. We've got different views on things. I think tonally what I'd do would be more in line with the 88mph story, but that's just because I think the way I see things visually are more in line with that. I don't know. I'm rambling. I've been awake for too long as it is working on Silent Hill, so I'm sure I'd manage on that front... ;)

At the end of the day, if the opportunity is there, sure, I'll tell a story. But I'm so out of the equation that it doesn't really make much difference what I say. It's up to Tom, Erik, Chris Ryall, and really you guys as well. I probably wouldn't've even been asked to be on the comics if it weren't for you guys, and I suspect it may have been the same for Dan. You guys really helped push us to the forefront of things, and I doubt the Tobin's Spirit Guide would've even been a consideration for the same reasons.
By M.Thunder
Damnit, I MISS those PCOC files! :( Those were too much fun, and I actually think it's fascinating to see what all these ghostbusting events look like from Peck's point of view. He's an underused character in my opinion.

I'm sorry to hear that Tristan's career is taking him further and further away from this franchise. "Ghostbusters" is a horror comedy, and Tristan brought the horror part, and reminded us that as funny as our characters are, these monsters are SCARY. In a comic where our heroes can sometimes seem invincible, that's an important thing to remember...

For what it's worth, Tristan, if you ever DO get that RGB spin off, I will pre-order the shite out of it. That show had some of the scariest imagery any cartoon ever got away with, and I'd love to see what you'd do with it.

And of course, I'll wait forever for that damn Tobin's Spirit Guide if I have to...
SPJ liked this
By TristanJones
Damnit, I MISS those PCOC files! :( Those were too much fun, and I actually think it's fascinating to see what all these ghostbusting events look like from Peck's point of view. He's an underused character in my opinion.
That's kinda my thing. That was how I wrote my TMNT stories. We've had twenty something years of seeing these particular types of stories. What haven't we seen? Who haven't we heard from? What's it like living in this world?

I think Erik did just fine with Peck. The only reason we put PCOC into the comics was because we couldn't do the Spirit Guide stuff. Originally it was going to be those sorts of things in the back.
I'm sorry to hear that Tristan's career is taking him further and further away from this franchise. "Ghostbusters" is a horror comedy, and Tristan brought the horror part, and reminded us that as funny as our characters are, these monsters are SCARY. In a comic where our heroes can sometimes seem invincible, that's an important thing to remember...
It's not so much that, it's more that it keeps getting further and further from me... As I said, there's been some close calls, but they've all been nixed, and I gotta work.
For what it's worth, Tristan, if you ever DO get that RGB spin off, I will pre-order the shite out of it. That show had some of the scariest imagery any cartoon ever got away with, and I'd love to see what you'd do with it.
That, like the Spirit Guide, won't happen. Besides, drawing the GB's the way I did on the TMNT cover is pretty much "my" way of doing things. The RGB stuff is fun, but it's not a comfortable style. It's not "me". That said, I'm certainly not averse to reimagining certain RGB villains...
And of course, I'll wait forever for that damn Tobin's Spirit Guide if I have to...
You will definitely be waiting forever.
By mrmichaelt
That said, I'm certainly not averse to reimagining certain RGB villains...
Ever since the Grundel had a cameo in the Tobin story and the danger posed by the Phantom Driver, I would love to see these reimaginings come to life in the ongoing series or whatever title.I would like to see the more terrible ghosts explored, the homicidal ones like in Vol.2 #2 and 13. This title does seem to be geared to the 20-somethings. Kind of like a qualm with EGB, I would like to see a story where a life is really at stake. The Video Game got into it with Azetlor and Spider Witch in particular. Since both the Boogieman and Grundel are set up to exist in this comic canon... Hmm. So far, it feels like things are played a bit too safe. I don't know, I've been up for too long. Need sleep.
By Ivo Shandor
Besides, drawing the GB's the way I did on the TMNT cover is pretty much "my" way of doing things. The RGB stuff is fun, but it's not a comfortable style. It's not "me". That said, I'm certainly not averse to reimagining certain RGB villains...
Ive always liked your art. I'd like to see you do more GB.
http://www.cnv.co.il/pics/previews/idw/ ... sters2.jpg
SPJ liked this
By TristanJones
That said, I'm certainly not averse to reimagining certain RGB villains...
Ever since the Grundel had a cameo in the Tobin story and the danger posed by the Phantom Driver, I would love to see these reimaginings come to life in the ongoing series or whatever title.I would like to see the more terrible ghosts explored, the homicidal ones like in Vol.2 #2 and 13. This title does seem to be geared to the 20-somethings. Kind of like a qualm with EGB, I would like to see a story where a life is really at stake. The Video Game got into it with Azetlor and Spider Witch in particular. Since both the Boogieman and Grundel are set up to exist in this comic canon... Hmm. So far, it feels like things are played a bit too safe. I don't know, I've been up for too long. Need sleep.
The Grundel was going to be what my story for the annual revolved around, and it would've been that bit in German in the early 1900's.

As for the life at stake thing, that's kind of what the secret one revolves around. Kind of. And trees. And witchcraft. And cults.

Yeah, I think Azetlor in the realistic video game is a pretty awesome design, and you know the Spiderwitch was a big part of a police procedural pitch that went online years ago.
Besides, drawing the GB's the way I did on the TMNT cover is pretty much "my" way of doing things. The RGB stuff is fun, but it's not a comfortable style. It's not "me". That said, I'm certainly not averse to reimagining certain RGB villains...
Ive always liked your art. I'd like to see you do more GB.
http://www.cnv.co.il/pics/previews/idw/ ... sters2.jpg
You realise that's not me, right? That's Nick Runge... THIS is me...
mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
The Grundel was going to be what my story for the annual revolved around, and it would've been that bit in German in the early 1900's.
Argh.
As for the life at stake thing, that's kind of what the secret one revolves around. Kind of. And trees. And witchcraft. And cults.
Interesting. Witchcraft and a tree? Nine Sacred Woods came to mind. But probably not it.
Yeah, I think Azetlor in the realistic video game is a pretty awesome design, and you know the Spiderwitch was a big part of a police procedural pitch that went online years ago.
Yeah, would have been a good read. Someday maybe. I liked how some things were left open ended with her in the game, the realistic version anyway. I appreciated all of Dan's references to her from What in Samhain Just Happened?! to the ongoing and recently with Gozer using her form. I concluded she dispersed in the video game - but I mean her body was never found and she wasn't trapped so that leaves an open door for her to come back, imo. While she won't be as supercharged without a Mandala, she'd still probably be a decent threat. Plus, another Sedgewick visit would be neat - it's a place that's been noticeable avoided in the ongoing for whatever reason whereas Central Park seems to keep popping up.
By M.Thunder
That's kinda my thing. That was how I wrote my TMNT stories. We've had twenty something years of seeing these particular types of stories. What haven't we seen? Who haven't we heard from? What's it like living in this world?
Very cool...
I think Erik did just fine with Peck. The only reason we put PCOC into the comics was because we couldn't do the Spirit Guide stuff. Originally it was going to be those sorts of things in the back.
For what my opinion is worth, I liked the PCOC files more then the Tobin stories. I liked that they were the comic-equivalent of "found footage" and the notes they were marked up with illustrated the characters professional and personal relationships.

The Tobin stories are fine, don't get me wrong, not knocking the Tobin stories, I just don't care about Tobin as much as I care about our main cast, and I think he's more interesting as a shadowy pulp-era paranormal researcher then an actual protagonist. That's just my opinion though.
It's not so much that, it's more that it keeps getting further and further from me... As I said, there's been some close calls, but they've all been nixed, and I gotta work.
Sounds like the old "Creative Differences" caveat... It happens, and when it does I guess it's better to let go rather then let the story suffer caught between two incompatible visions, but still it's a bummer...
That, like the Spirit Guide, won't happen. Besides, drawing the GB's the way I did on the TMNT cover is pretty much "my" way of doing things. The RGB stuff is fun, but it's not a comfortable style. It's not "me". That said, I'm certainly not averse to reimagining certain RGB villains...
This is just my opinion and I don't pretend to know anything about anything. But the fact that this would be such a different style for you (character-model wise) is exactly why I think an RGB comic or mini-comic from you would be so exciting. The Characters would be a style very different from your usual one, while the monsters would be where you'd get to go crazy. That sounds like the best of both worlds to me...

Again, I know nothing and I don't actually think it's going to happen, I'm just daydreaming...
You will definitely be waiting forever.
(sigh) I know... maybe once I'm done with Earth, they'll have a copy in the library of Unwritten Books. A girl can dream...

For what it's worth, you know what I liked most about your Tobin pitch? I liked that you kind of made YOURSELF into a character in the GB world, as an illustrator who was collaborating with these researchers. That made perfect sense to me, because of course you can't photograph these ghosts, goblins and extra-dimensional beings. The only way you're going to get a picture of a Sandman, Grundel, or angry class seven is if somebody draws it. Then you'd have a different class of ghost-hunter, one armed with a pencil instead of proton pack, putting themselves in huge danger for the sake of knowledge!

... I confess a lot of this is probably just my own imagination running away with me, rather then any intention of yours, but oh well, if we're talking about a fictional book anyway...
By mrmichaelt
Dan Schoening posted two teasers for Issue #19 which releases at the end of the month.

-https://twitter.com/Dapperpomade/status ... 3149436929

-This one is a bit of spoiler if you haven't been following hints of what's to come: https://twitter.com/Dapperpomade/status ... 8974338048

Combined with some other teases, looks like a lot of 'selecting' is getting done in this issue. Or something.

EDIT: 8/18 - Dan tweeted today he was finished Issue #20.
https://twitter.com/Dapperpomade/status ... 3798125568
By mrmichaelt
Main Story
Agh. Totally fell for it. Guess the Containment Unit is safe for now. But Egon's warning was so hilarious as with Peter's reaction. Loved all the talk about Peter's possession back in Volume 1. Gozer's "I'm Busy!" on page 6 was also pretty funny or Peter's Wings reference.

Didn't see Gozer's defeat coming in this issue. Great seeing all the different forms they take on in the fight.

But I'm still concerned Tiamat's a bit too powerful. Kylie's line about there being more than one school of thought on appeasing Sumerian gods caught my eye, though.

And as for how the cast is never hurt - Ray, Winston and Kylie seem to be the recipients. Though I did feel a bit :oops: when Gozer did that to Kylie. I can't see Peter and Egon letting Winston sacrifice himself. If they don't offer themselves up in the next issue, somethin' is wrong there. But eh, I guess Tiamat declaring one of their tricks will work means the Boson pack, the Slime Blower nor the Super Slammer would work on her.
Easter Eggs so far:
Subscription Cover
*The cover is an homage to a scene from the end credits sequence of The Real Ghostbusters

Page 1
*Continuing straight from last issue, Peter still has his orange jacket from the first movie on
*In the second panel, there is the Camera Trap from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Partners in Slime" and the Kenner toy, GhostZapper
*A shelf above is a Stay Puft figurine in front of the green box
*Behind Egon is the Dimensionometer from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Egon on the Rampage"

Page 2
*Gozer takes on the form of a Torb, mentioned in the first movie

Page 3
*On the table, still, are Great Grandma Rose's glasses from Extreme Ghostbusters
*Also still visible on the table are Kylie's Tarot Cards from the Extreme Ghostbusters episode "The Infernal Machine"
*On the bottom shelf is once again, part of the Dimensional Inverter from Egon's lab in The Real Ghostbusters

Page 4
*Gozer takes on the form of Hob Anagarak from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Cold Cash, Hot Water"
*Tiamat takes on the form of Necksa from The Real Ghostbusters episode "The Devil in the Deep"
*Ray alludes to Peter's battle with the Hungry Manitou in his mind back in Volume 1 Issue #7.

Page 5
*Gozer takes on the human form of Proteus from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Janine Melnitz, Ghostbuster"
*Tiamat takes on the snake form of Proteus from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Janine Melnitz, Ghostbuster"

Page 6
*Peter and Egon also discuss Peter's possession in Volume 1 Issue #7.
*Atop the shelving are Slime Blower guns
*Behind Egon is the Basic English sign from Stripes
*In front of the sign is a can of Blody
*Below the can are two Ghostbusters II VHS tapes
*Now visible on the table are Kylie's Journal from Extreme Ghostbusters and the photograph of Great Grandma Rose
*Pink Mood Slime is tossed out of the jar on is the table the guys crash into

Page 7
*Behind Ecto-1b on a shelving is the Ghostbusters II signage.
*Behind Ecto-1b, are the jumpsuits from The Real Ghostbusters in the foot locker
*There are two children's drawings on the side of the cabinet behind Janine's desk. The top one of Slimer is by the comic's artist's daughter Paige Schoening. It was printed in Volume 1 Issue #2.
*The lower drawing is from Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Realistic Versions. It was from Egon's nephew Ed and was in the lab area on the second floor

Page 8
*Wierd Fiction is in the box. It is from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Mr. Sandman, Dream Me a Dream"
*The labels on the cabinet drawers near Winston read
**"GB1 84", a nod to Ghostbusters which was released in 1984
**"LAD 15", a nod to the comic's colorist Luis Antonio Delgado and this issue's 15 easter egg
*The Ravishing Red Prince from Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Realistic Versions is posted above Janine's head

Page 9
*Gozer takes on the form of a rejected Robert Kline concept, seen in Making Ghostbusters page 155. It was one of a few advance concepts for a third form after the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
*Tiamat takes on the form of Quetzalcoatl from The Real Ghostbusters episode "The Treasure of Sierra Tamale"

Page 10
*There appears to be a Ghost Busters poster outside the R&D Lab doorway
*Peter alludes to the Proton Bazooka, used in Volume 2 Issue #5

Page 11
*There are two Ghostbusters business cards on the folder on Janine's desk
*In panel 5, on the lower right, there is a Hasty Pastry Bakery box. It is from The Real Ghostbusters episode "The Joke's on Ray"

Page 12
*Ray notes it's been a couple of years since they captured a portion of Gozer's essence. In continuity, it has been 3 years more or less.
*The two memories are from Volume 1 Issue #4.

Page 13
*Gozer takes on the form of a Sloar.

Page 15
*The Containment Unit or basement has not been seen Volume 1 Issue #3
*As seen and talked about before, this unit incorporates the biometric failsafe from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Mrs. Roger's Neighborhood"

Page 16
*Gozer's consciousness is the first form seen in the first movie
*As Tiamat pulls Gozer's consciousness from the Sloar form, Black Slime can be seen. It is from Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Page 18
*Peter alludes to Paul McCartney who later formed a rock band called Wings

Unidentified

Page 1
*Is that a white lunchbox on top on panel 3 right next to Egon's head?
*In the R&D lab, what's on the computer screen on top by Egon's head?

Page 3
*On the lower shelf, on the computer - is that the screen from "I Am the City" during the Tobin search?

Page 6
*What's that green book on the table with Grandma Roses' glasses? Powers of Darkness maybe?

Page 10
*What is that blue book under Peter's right knee in panel 4?
*What poster is that outside the doorway, a Ghostbusters one?
Page 11
*What does note under Janine's whale figurine say?

Page 15
*What's on the computer blue screen under the unit's biometric panel?
By Kingpin
The Story
Well, the penultimate issue, and who lordy is it a ride.

With Ray's possession, Gozer and Tiamat duke it out like feuding siblings can only do (and I don't know why, but I feel myself rooting for the Goz). Nothing the guys are throwing at Ray is working, and things are quickly getting desperate.

With Kylie injured, and Ray/Tiamat stood before the Containment Unit, the level-headed member of the team has decided he has to do something drastic...
and who knows how it'll pan out in next month's final issue!*

*Okay, not quite the final issue with the Ghostbusters as it first appeared, but still...

The Easter Eggs:
Page 7
*The skull of Ivo Shandor is still visible on the side table by Peter's Desk. (Any idea what that thing next to it is? Looks like a book... is it Venkman's pop-up book?
Page 1
*Is that a white lunchbox on top on panel 3 right next to Egon's head?
-It might show up on in one of the previous issues, that might help identify it.
*On the lower shelf, on the computer - is that the screen from "I Am the City" during the Tobin search?
-Looks like it.
*What poster is that outside the doorway, a Ghostbusters one?
-It's one of the unused Ghostbusters logo concepts, seen on the special features of the 1999 DVD.
Page 15
-It almost looks like some ASCII art of the Ghostbusters logo.[/quote]
mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
A few more easter eggs in #19
Page 1
*On the computer screen at the top corner is the Extreme Ghostbusters' particle thrower schematic from "Temporary Insanity"

Page 6
*The other book on the table with the microscope is "Powers of Darkness" from "Witchy Woman"

Page 10
*The book directly under Peter's right knee in the 4th panel is Kline's Gore book "More Cuts More Blood" seen at the start of "Deadliners"

Page 11
*Still trying to figure out the note under the whale. So far I gather it's "Call ____" on the first line and "RE: Stay Puft" on the second line
The Easter Eggs:
Page 7
*The skull of Ivo Shandor is still visible on the side table by Peter's Desk. (Any idea what that thing next to it is? Looks like a book... is it Venkman's pop-up book?
No, it's the Remco The Real Ghostbusters hand held video game "Trap the Ghosts".
Page 15

-It almost looks like some ASCII art of the Ghostbusters logo.
My compatriot Devilmanozzy thinks it could be the start screen for The Real Ghostbusters Game Boy game made by Activision. It looks like a very distinct possibility, imo.
By JayTigran
Sad to see the end is near, we had an amazing run for a niche comic, and Erik, Dan, Luis, and Tom (as well as Tristan when he could add content) should be VERY proud of their work, I know I was a very happy customer every month when these came out, and I can't wait for the GB/TMNT crossover from the same amazing team!
By Fritz
Fritz Babbles About Ghostbusters #35 (V2#19)

Well, darn it, here I am doing it again. Knowing I only have one (or five) more to go after this is slowing me down again. Man, am I gonna miss doing these.

So where were we?
Ray has been possessed. Everybody else except the other four main characters along with Kylie, Dana, and Louis have gone home. This is a neat and surprising twist, setting up to end the story with only the core cast; we got the full action-movie full cast gang bang in #16, the real ending will be a little more focused.

I love the thought of Frank Welker doing the voice of possessed Ray. Even better when Gozer and Tiamat are basically arguing out loud with each other using Ray's voice box. We know how good this guy is--one of the best in the business--and I know he'd do a great job with "Ray, but evil."

Kylie's first call is to get Dana and Louis out of the situation; they've been possessed twice in this adventure already, and neither is going to be useful as far as doing Ghostbusting stuff anyway.

Egon, Winston, and Venkman get the three arm-mounted proton blasters--the two "Tainted Love" packs Egon and Kylie used last issue, and the two-gun device invented by Ron "And You're Not" Alexander a while back, and mostly used by Janine. Winston uses the two-gun, which makes sense since he's the best shot, but it would have been more fun symbolically for Egon to use that (since Janine usually uses it) and Winston to have a TL-pack (since it was his idea to create them in the first place)

(While we're at it, with all the people we've seen using proton pistols of one sort or another in this series, you know who we haven't seen use one, and probably won't it looks like? Kylie. Just kind of an odd oversight, if you think about it.)

So what's going on in Ray's head? Well, Gozer and Tiamat are having a loving sibling reunion. If by "loving sibling reunion" you mean "Adopting the form of various RGB monsters and beating the crap out of each other." Hob, Nexa, both version of Proteus, Quetzalcoatl, and ultimately their most "iconic" versions; Gozer as the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and Tiamat as a five headed dragon. Ray, of course, is unnervingly enthused about this for a brief time.

The little guns aren't doing anything, so the Ghostbusters go for the full proton packs. Kylie mentions how Sumerian gods could somehow be appeased by sacrifice...Winston seems to think that may be useful. Dana and Louis are left downstairs; the Ghostbusters aren't sure that sending them away entirely is a good idea. Janine looks like she's going to throw up being stuck downstairs with Louis, and who could blame her?

The three Ghostbusters who aren't hosting time-shares for Sumerian gods in their frontal lobes go back upstairs with full proton packs. They...don't do any better than the pistols did. Gozer is now clearly in control of Ray, and floats downstairs. Kylie shoots at him with a pack that was left downstairs; he just kind of shrugs and telekinetically hurls her into the ECTO-1 and continues his journey downstairs.

His target is the Containment Unit, which contains a big chunk of Gozer's energy in the form of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. Gozer, having accessed Ray's memories, knows all about the palm biometric security lock.. But it appears that the biometric scanner has been improved since what tried to do the same thing by possessing Venkman--it detects the presence of a non-native PK trace and denies him access. Gozer is furious. Tiamat laughs--making sure he couldn't find Ray's memory of the "invalid reading" option was part of her latest game on Gozer. She basically eats the Goz, and thus completely takes him out of the game. He'll probably recorporate later, which is good because the last few years have taught us anything, it's that some Ghostbusters writers have trouble doing anything without dragging Gozer into it whenever possible.

So now Tiamat is in charge of Ray's body, and it's sprouting gargoyle wings. Gozer's gone, but things are looking really really bad.

Then Winston says he knows what to do, which somehow involves ripping wires out of the wall and offering himself to Tiamat as a sacrifice.

What does all this mean?

We know from Fright Feature Winston three issues ago that Winston would be the key to the situation. That Tiamat's role as a goddess of chaos was important, and Winston would "figure it out when the time is right"

I think we can be pretty sure Winston isn't going to die; Sony sometimes seems to forget Winston exists, but I doubt they'd approve that. Plus he’s in all the covers for the TMNT crossover.

Give Tiamat his marriage to Tiyah? I heard that offered as a joking possibility, and boy, would that solve the "IDW made a big change in the status quo" issue...but then again, you’d have to be insane and stupid to think that was a good idea, and Joe Quesada thankfully doesn't run IDW.
I guess we'll have to see, won't we?

Next time...

...And So It Ends.

I dont thing the GB 2020 Trailer we all saw has AN[…]

Dan Schoening turned in layouts for Transformers/G[…]

Ghostbusters/transformers comic

Love this!!!

Gozer in a sense is basically Cthulu. Oh yes,[…]