Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
I'm surprised no one has said anything about this

first of, if you visited the Diamond Select Toys booth, they had a new Translucent Green Minimate with a rather familiar logo on it

As well as an announcment during their panel

- Select Figures (using movie likenesses!, the reign of Mattycollector may be over)
- Electronic Vehicles! (but will they roll?)
- More Minimates! (that's what I'm excited about!) and banks
- and more!

I don't know about you, but DST has yet to disappoint me, this is exciting!
More Minimates is always awesome. I'm also really interested in the Select figures, here's hoping they go all out and blow Matty's offerings away. Show 'em how it's done, DST!

As for vehicles...

...Can I be stupidly hopeful that we might finally get a Minimate-scale Ecto-1? :cool:
Dr.D wrote:Guarantee we won't see the actual Ghostbusters as figures based on the word "Select"
No no! It's the title of their toy line, like Marvel Select Action Figures! These would be Ghostbusters Select Action Figures!

From what I've been reading they have the likeness rights to do what Mattel didn't, give us great figures based on the movies!
Seeing how DST has handled the Star Trek license, I don't believe for a second anyone on this board would be happy with them for long.

Every piece I've ever gotten from them took YEARS to actually be released. We finally got the Excelsior released this year. They announced that in 2009.
I only own the DST BTTF part II Delorean time machine and a mini mates time machine with Marty (80s clothes) and a KITT with mike.
Prologic9 wrote:Seeing how DST has handled the Star Trek license, I don't believe for a second anyone on this board would be happy with them for long.

Every piece I've ever gotten from them took YEARS to actually be released. We finally got the Excelsior released this year. They announced that in 2009.
We're Ghostbusters Fans, we're used to waiting.
I got some good news and bad news today from the rep who runs the Diamond Select facebook page...

the good news: "We're making Select action figures and electronic vehicles for Ghostbusters. If you're looking for line-ups, release dates, etc., I do not have them. Our Select figures are 7-inch scale, and we will make all four Ghostbusters, but I cannot say for sure whether we will make more or fewer characters than previous lines. Our electronic vehicles are 1:15 scale or thereabouts."

the bad news:

me: so will the figures fit inside the vehicle(s) ? something matty couldnt achieve ?
DST: No. They are different scales.

I later looked up 1:15 scale cars, and if you're familiar with their awesome 1:15 lights and sounds Back to the Future "time machine" and KITT cars, you know what to expect for their Ecto-1... it would be nice to get some in-scale figures, but beggars cant be choosers. maybe the guys over at Funko will obtain the GB license and release some RetroAction GB figures (movie or cartoon, Im fine with either), that would be boss.
joeghostbuster wrote:Our Select figures are 7-inch scale, and we will make all four Ghostbusters, but I cannot say for sure whether we will make more or fewer characters than previous lines.
What f****g good are you then, Diamond?

Maybe the figure bases will be that cool, if not, I dont need the Ghostbusters in yet another scale if im not getting any ghosts.
featofstrength wrote:
joeghostbuster wrote:Our Select figures are 7-inch scale, and we will make all four Ghostbusters, but I cannot say for sure whether we will make more or fewer characters than previous lines.
What f****g good are you then, Diamond?

Maybe the figure bases will be that cool, if not, I dont need the Ghostbusters in yet another scale if im not getting any ghosts.
I do, I sold all my Mattel Ghostbusters because the quality was just not up to par, I just got caught in the spur of the moment.
Here's hoping their Aykroyd head sculpt turns out better than Matty's especially if he comes with Ecto-Goggles that actually fit. :blush:

At least with these guys being seven-inch scale, they'll fit in with my NECA figures. (Ash currently dwarfs the Matty figures on my shelf...)
Just got word from a rep at DST

A Minimates themed Ecto-1 is "not off the table" which means it's currently in discussion...

I would suggest EVERYONE go to artasylum.com, click the "Ask DST" button, and start asking about an Ecto-1 for the minimates! Let's bring the GB Minimates back bigger and better than ever!
If the Minimate Ecto-1 is possible now (they weren't allowed to do it last year, judging from one of the posts here: http://www.artasylum.com/2013/01/ask-ds ... minimates/) then it's most likely going to happen as it's the next logical step for the toyline and was at one point a frequently requested item back when the line was in full swing.

So judging by the fact that DST is now able to make 7' movie figures and Ecto-1... does this mean that Mattel is losing the license?
"Let's bring the GB Minimates back bigger and better than ever!"

the only problem is, with the exception of vehicles or a playset, the GB line has pretty much reached its full potential. they produced anything and everything, and then made some really nice RGB minimates. I mean they could always produce more in the RGB line as there is lots of untapped material there since the show went on for years and produced lots of interesting characters and ghosts. a minimate scale Ecto would be cool though, I would really love to see a minimate scale firehouse, though thats highly unlikely to happen. Im kind of over the minimates anyway, I sold all mine along with my Matty figures and a bunch of other toys and figures I had, Im just not into toys much anymore. but I would buy a minimate Ecto or firehouse (for my nephew since he still has his) and to help support the line and DST. what would make the most sense is to release the firehouse playset in sections/floors.... you could do 3 or 4 floors, for approx $40 each (and you know fans would pay), that way they could produce the first floor/garage/office area first (to coincide with their minimate Ecto, so you could park it inside) and if it sold really well they could produce the next floor (basement with containment unit, maybe put a lab or something too) and if that sold well produce the 3rd floor (bedroom, kitchen, lounge, lab).... maybe the firehouse could be a mish-mash of both the film and the cartoon, to make it more interesting and add playability...
alphabeta001 liked this
Hey Joe, it was all done except for Extreme Ghostbusters, those would be pretty badass!!!
Extreme GB Minimates would be awesome along side GBTVG figures of the Rookie, The GB's with the upgraded packs and Alyssa. I'm pretty excited to have some higher end GB figures. i have a few of the Art Asylum Trek figures and they're larger scale and have pretty outstanding sculpting.
alphabeta001 liked this
so what other Minimates and accessories from the license would you like to see?

Here's my wishlist

GB1 Janine
the guys in Plain Clothes, I remember a looooong time ago seeing a picture of some on display at a con, but they were never released (along with some better equipment for the Ready to Believe boxset and the Caulander Louis wears)
Courtroom Louis (maybe packed with a 2nd hairpiece with earmuffs on it for his Ghostbusters uniform counterpart)
Bus Driver Slimer
Nanny Janosz with Baby Oscar
A true Librarian Ghost (1 old lady and 1 demon, not the mix-matched version we got way back when)
I don't know how, but a tub filled with pink slime should be made too haha (maybe a translucent pink slime figure in a tub full of translucent pink slime?)

The Rookie with Upgraded Proton Pack
Spider-Witch (Human, Witch, or both forms)

The PeopleBusters! (I've always wanted action figures based on the PeopleBusters)

Of course the Ecto-1 and Ecto-1A are on their too

Ooh, as far as accessories and what not go

The Tri-Pod trap from GB2
Slime streams for the Slime Blower figures
a reissued Vigo with Skulls/Painting stand
a jar of Pink Slime from the Courtroom Scene and "dancing toaster" from the later titled scene

If they do the GB2 darker suited busters in the same style as the "Love This Town" boxset with removable packs, maybe include santa hat hair for each of them, and reversible faces with sunglasses (for the scene with the Tri-Pod Traps)

I haven't had Xbox Live for a while, but I'm consi[…]

I cut out the middleman and sprayed my pack and ba[…]

I'm hoping we'll see another set when the next F[…]

GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

When you say you only have the proton pack light k[…]