So guys I gotta say I did a tiny bit of work today on my pack. I did want an external volume control on the pack. I couldnt find a way to make it work in my gun mostly because it would not fit. Too tight in there anyhow.
I used my 10K POT I put on the crank knob so if I needed it sometime I can have someone turn it up or down for me.

Im in and out anymore...
Ill be more active in the coming months when I start the next pack. The last debacle threw me back to first principles.
For now, im gearing up for Fan Expo in Toronto. The goal is to get Norman Reedus, Bruce Campbell and Hulk Hogan to don the pack
Ill be doing updates to this pack soon to reflect the new bellows as well as some cleaning up of the wiring and electronics in the coming months. Its a mess inside and really needs to be cleaned up.

Two questions; what colour paint is everyone using on the SMC elbows?
Secondly - can someone recommend a way to remove hot melt glue? Theres some things (reflectors) that i need to tidy up.
Yes, yes I can be....I've seen the gray Krylon primer and the gray Plasticote. I don't think they're as dark as the original 4mm Legris. Grimmy's smoke gray just might be a better match. Followed by a clear coat for just a bit of sheen.
Depending on what you're trying to get it off of, you should be able to carefully work the hot glue loose with a flat headed precision screwdriver; just pick at the glue along the edges and eventually it'll start peeling away from the surfaces. :)
My next think is going to be doing electronics clean up - the inside of my pack is dog S#!T and a mess and I wanna clean it all up as much as I can anyhow.
Anyone with reference of how they laid out their electronics (sound and light controller - battery etc) inside their packs?
Im looking at one stop shopping here lol
Just a friendly update on this - electronics will be redone in the future.
Im highly unhappy with the mess inside of this pack and as such, will be redoing it to clean it up and make it cleaner. Or...as clean as I can do it.

I got overzealous with the glue gun and it mucked up some parts that are kinda not as clean as I would like.
I also tidied up my E-Cig set up a bit but broke the f**king pump lead off, hamfisting it. New one ordered (hopefully much better) and will be installed next week when I get a change to solder it up to the rest of the circuit.

That said. I got the new Bellows. And man.... this thing is BEAUTIFUL. FOr those out there getting the GB1 look or even GB2, this thing is PHENOMENAL. Worth every penny. Just sets the pack right off.....
Well here's a necro thread. After marching in the 2015 Boston St. Patrick's Day Parade and seeing some of the most amazing packs; I decided to clean up my pack. This has taken me a number of days to accomplish and I killed my vent circuit (e-cig) doing it. Nothing changed with it; just started shorting out and it seems that it will just be too dangerous to reinstall after my disgusting attempt. Sooooo I'll be getting one of The Fincher's wonderful circuits to replace it like I should have in the first place.

First up...a pic of my pisspoor electronics, wiring etc...

Yeah. Gong show.

Here's just about completed. I used ideas from both PYHasanon's and Bishopdonmiguel's builds.

If there is a cautionary tale to this proton pack; stay to smaller speakers. Even with cleaning up the wiring and what not; its obvious my placement of two big ass speakers (6") was very ill advised.
Last edited by Hoot on March 28th, 2015, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blow smoke up my ass and tell me its sunshine lol
It is MUCH better now.
I told What in in Boston he'd throat punch me if he saw how messed up the internals were.... And they were bad.
I'm happy I now took the time to tidy up the mess and make less attached to my shell to repair/replace at a later date.
Compared to my cobbled mess, It's great. After I finish my goggle projects my pack will be the only thing on my bench til it's done. I do realize "done" is a relative term...lol
I have so many crazy ideas in my head that I'm beginning to get the feeling that I don't have enough room for it all... My wires are still a hot mess, and the terminal block everything is connected to is just hanging around... Eventually, I need to clean it up, permanently mount the terminal block, and start figuring out where I'm going to put the wand lights kit and the other boards... I can't help but think I should have put the batteries on the outside...

Looking good, though, Hoot!
Nice cleanup. I'm kind of in awe of those big ass speakers!
I tried fitting two 6" speakers in mine... Didn't work out... and at this point, I'm kinda glad it didn't, because I probably wouldn't be able to fit everything else!

Wasn't there somebody who fit two 6" speakers under the cyclotron?
pyhasanon wrote:Wasn't there somebody who fit two 6" speakers under the cyclotron?
I got two 5-1/4" speakers in my Cyclotron but that was pushing it. Mine rumbles pretty well but I imagine Hoot's pack has some great bass!
Oh, so that was you? LOL! I was kind of thinking it was you, but some of your photos are missing on your thread...
It looked like your pack went nuclear and exploded in your living room! Its looking really neat and tidy now, your pack not your living room! ;) Kidding! That's what mine looks like with all my electronics sprawled out, the living room, not the pack!

Do you know what happened to the e cig setup?

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?