By Edo_Spengler
Hi everyone!
I'm an italian Ghosthead from Ghostbusters Italia. A few months ago I wrote asking for the magnificent Houdini proton stream. I needed it for a video project I was ( I am still) working on, and now I write again to announce that my project is moving his first, promising steps.
The project's title is "REAL!", as an homage to the Real Ghostbusters. Also because I'm finally REALizing my chindhood's dream, and because my movie is meant to merge fantasy elements and REALity just like the first two films did at their glorious times. It will be setted in the most haunted city of Rome, and it will see the first steps of three "ghostbusters against theyr will".
The project is going to have a pretty long schedule: being a totally no-profit film, and involving a fully professional cast and crew, we'll need to start a crowdfunding campaign as soon as we'll have collected enough material to properly present the project. In the meantime, we're working on props, ghosts, creatures, visual FX, scenic design, locations and some viral videos to keep the hype, and within the first half of the next month, we're releasing a full trailer.
Of course, every video and the full movie itself will have English subtitles: we want to amuse, entertain and share our dream with all our Ghosthead brothers around the world!
But before that, I wished to present our ideas here to you to collect opinions, critics, doubts and suggestions: we're really eager to know what you guys think of our work.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=79 ... =2&theater

https://www.facebook.com/79391288399557 ... =1&theater

Greetings!

Edoardo & the whole "REAL!" fellowship!
By venkman30
I'm looking forward to see what you come up with. I love fan films. Good luck on all your upcoming work.
By M.Thunder
What is it with Italians? Italians make the best Ghostbusters!

:) Very well done!
By Edo_Spengler
PssdffJay wrote:That was VERY well done! It was too short, I want more!!
There will be a lot more very soon! Thank you very much: I'm glad you like it. We're currently shooting several short videos in order to promote our project and to let the GB comunity know it. As soon as we can, we'll open a crowdfunding campaign, and shortly after that, we'll upload a teaser and a full trailer for "REAL!".
We'll keep you all updated! Thanks again and greetings from Italy! :)
By Vale_Spengler
PssdffJay wrote:That was VERY well done! It was too short, I want more!!
Ok, Jay, but just because you asked so nicely :)

And, of course, if you want even more, just click on the banner in my signature: it will get you to the Facebook page of the project. There you can find other pictures and videos, characters' presentations and constant updates on Real! :)
By Edo_Spengler
Hi everyone! A little update on our project. "REAL!" is going on, involving more and more people every day. Yesterday we were at ROMICS, a national convention in Rome, launching the project with Ghostbusters Italia, and we obtained a good success presenting our new video: "Casal Bruciato". It's based on a real roman ghost story and we'd like to share it with you. It already has English subtitles. I hope you like it!

By M.Thunder
I'll say it again! Italians make the best Ghostbusters!

Really, that was well done. :D It was scary and funny and exciting! Looking forward to the movie!
By Edo_Spengler
I'll say it again! Italians make the best Ghostbusters!

Really, that was well done. :D It was scary and funny and exciting! Looking forward to the movie!
M.Thunder, I can make you a statue in the centre of my town right now! :D Thanks very much, my friend, that was our exact purpose, and we certainly hope to get better and better! Thank you again!
By Edo_Spengler
Hi guys! And thanks again for all your kind words about our film project. It's time for us to share with you some more news about the guys facing their first supernatural issues in "REAL!". They're physics students at the Roman University of La Sapienza, and they just discovered that the only house they can afford is litterally filled by ghosts. So... Here it is: a first glimpse on our "Ghostbusters-to-be" and theyr very personal ways to deal with this little issue their house renter casually forgot to warn them about.

Davide

Ludovico

and Simone

And these are (again) the three guys trying to watch "Ghostbusters" on the occasion of the Italian Thirty-year celebration:

I hope you'll enjoy these videos! :)
By Edo_Spengler
Hi, guys! A little update. We're currently post-producing two videos that are really going to rock. They'll be our main weapon for the crowdfunding campaign next autumn, so they're top secret, but we'd like to share some screenshots and backstage pics with you to know what do you think and, most important, if you have any doubts or suggestions. So... Here we go!

By M.Thunder
Already you are doing many things right:

I like that you used a real Roman ghost story for your first villain. Rome has thousands of years of ghosts and gods and rituals and it's great to see you using that. Rome could be as distinctive in your show as New York was in the film!

I like that you made introductory videos for all of your main characters. It's a bit simple, but it means we get to know them as people.

Davide - Getting a kind of venkmann vibe from him, but he immediately gets in over his head. It's interesting to see how blase people are about the supernatural 30 years after Stay Puft, but a severely haunted house is still rare and interesting.

Ludovico - I like that he's not what he thinks he is. He calls himself tidy and meticulous and we see his room is covered in trash. Looks like he's going to be the Egon of the group, and probably the last one to realize how serious the situation really is.

Simone - We don't actually know anything about him, besides that he's working on calculus and enjoys pop music. But that ghost behind him is definitely going to get an interesting reaction if he notices it!

I really like the still shots from the video in production. The lighting is beautiful, that coin looks great, and I can tell you love what you are doing.

I am really excited for this. Great job! :)
By Edo_Spengler
M. Thunder, if I had to write something about the videos, I'd hardly have found better words than yours! Thank you so much: you saw all the elements we wanted to be seen (we'll go deeper in Simone's character in our next videos), and that's a great achievement for us all.
I agree: the characters videos are simple. We wanted something very quick to gave hints of who our guys are, just as a little start, and then deeper and deeper as long as the production goes on. Our intent is that, little by little, when the film will finally come out, people will get to know them as real persons.
Yes, Rome is a constant source of inspiration for us, and if we get to the accomplishment of this project, we already have a plot for a second (and maybe a third) installment of our "Spaghetti-Ghostbusters".
I'm glad you like the stills: I hope you like them even more when you'll see them moving! :D
And... It's good it seems a coin, for now... ;)
Once again, thank you! Your kind and accurate words are fuel to us all!
M.Thunder liked this
By Edo_Spengler
Hello everybody! Finally a more consistent update: we've been shooting our first proper action video, both to give a further introduction to our characters and to test the issues and riddles of shooting an action sequence. The video won't be out until september, but I'd like to give you a taste of it. I hope you enjoy this. As always, comments and suggestions would be blessed! :) Thank you all in advance!
Edoardo

By Cornelius
Very nice indeed! I'm quite jealous not being part of a project like this - compliments! Looking forward to the finished project!
By Edo_Spengler
Thank you very much, Cornelius! I have good news for you: if you want, we're planning to involve in "REAL!" as many Ghostbusters fans from around the world as we can: we want "REAL!" to be the film of ALL the Ghostbusters fans. We'll let you know more details in september. If you want to be updated, you can also check our Facebook page and our website linked in my signature. Once again, thank you for your appreciation!
By Cornelius
Erratum: "finished project" > "finished product". But that was obvious, I guess... :-P

Thanks for the reaction - might be in touch with you about this at some point later in time!

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]