By csullivan1980
After little debate with myself I've decided that I'm going to go ahead and plan my Thrower Build.

Currently I'm using my Matty Wand with my pack. As much as I love it I think it would be awesome if I build a screen accurate thrower with sound.

My proton pack has a jackdoud light kit for the Power Cell/Cyclotron. I do not have any plans to replace this kit but would love to find a wand light kit that could work with it.

I've been doing the math and browsing the GBFans store and decided that it would be more affordable for me to purchase a Throwing Chicken GB Neutrino Wand kit and pick up some of the smaller items (LEDs, hat lights, etc) here.

I'm looking at the Light Kit and Amplified Sound Board from the GBFans store. For members that have used these kits how has your experience been with them?

After building my proton pack I feel that I have gained some useful build experience but still lack some of the wiring skills.

Thinking a head to the barrel lights, barrel extension and hooking up the sounds to a speaker these could be the biggest challenges for me. But then I remember I felt the same way about the N-Filter construction and, well, look out that turned out. :cool:

I plan to read a lot of threads to prepare myself for this build.

Wish me luck!
By gbchef
I will vouch for the TC kit and gbfans light and sound kit. They both are top notch!!!! The TC kit is flawless and super easy to work with. The gbfans sound and light kit is plug n' play easy!!
By thebigone2087
ThrowingChicken kit and GBFans electronics... a match made in prop building heaven. I am using that set-up in my GB2 semi-hero build, I have almost finished the thrower portion and everything fits perfectly. Cannot say enough good about both kits.
By csullivan1980
As I continue to read and study thread I noticed that a lot of people have the barrel arm twist. This is something I've seen becoming more common but I'm wondering if builders who use this method eventually incorporate it into the barrel extension. But sometimes I see others having it twist and nothing more.

I'm doubtful I'll have mine twist but didn't know if it is more of personal preference than accuracy.
The twisting handle is screen accurate to the hero throwers. If you go with TC's thrower kit then it has the ability to do this. TC even provides a video on his YouTube channel which details how to have a rotating handle. The barrel extension is done using the green tubed lever, again this is accurate to hero throwers. FreekyGeeky.net has an excellent pop mech and it is based on the screen used pop mech's that have been seen by users on this forum. Good luck with your thrower build
By thebigone2087
If I am not mistaken, it was only the Stantz thrower that twisted because of a lose bolt. That being said, most of the guys that build the aluminum throwers add that feature OR give you the option. My FreekyGeeky aluminum thrower has the feature standard but I did not add that to my semi-hero thrower. I am pretty sure in the "make em hard" scene, its only one thrower handle that actually twists.
thebigone2087 wrote:If I am not mistaken, it was only the Stantz thrower that twisted because of a lose bolt. That being said, most of the guys that build the aluminum throwers add that feature OR give you the option. My FreekyGeeky aluminum thrower has the feature standard but I did not add that to my semi-hero thrower. I am pretty sure in the "make em hard" scene, its only one thrower handle that actually twists.
I think you may be right with the addition of the Omni pack too. Its handle is rotated on the magazine cover
By csullivan1980
Sooooo many pack styles!!! How does one not lose their head?! Haha!

Thanks for the info about FreekyGeeky. I just visited their site and saw the Extension Lever. I'll definitely pick up one of those.

I'll be sure to read up on the pop mech on the FG site. For me I feel that could be the hardest part of the build. But I'm confident I can do it.
By thebigone2087
I have his first gen extension system, and i love it. It was a bit tedious to set up but works great. His new version looks even better and easier to set up so you wont be disappointed!
By csullivan1980
Thanks guys!!! As always appreciate all your help and feedback
By csullivan1980
Venkman's Swagger wrote:You're welcome. I agree with everything Biggie said about the pop mech. Its a neat little bit of kit and FreekGeeky's new design looks even better
Just put myself on the waiting list. Hopefully they won't be out of stock for long.
By Grimmy GB
I spoke to RJ a few days ago. Once he's done with the pre-orders, he'll be hitting the store pretty hard. He said he's close to shipping out orders if he hasn't already.
I opted for his new "rubber band" pop mech. I'll let you guys know how well it works on my pack build.
Hang in there, Chris. It'll be soon!
By csullivan1980
While I wait for parts in the GBfans stores to get restocked I figure there is no harm in ordering some of the little things I need for the thrower.

Even though the TC kit comes with a resin Clippard 701 I wanted to get a realistic one without the high cost. So I opted for one of Wiz's.

What a beauty.

Kingpin liked this
By pyhasanon
Wiz makes some really cool stuff! His loom holder is top notch, and I saw his crank knob in person on a friend's build, and it looks fantastic!
By csullivan1980

Back from vacation and I come home to a few goodies.

-Clear Acrylic Tube with Frosting (2)
-LED Cliplites
-Wand Light Kit Switch Upgrade
-Wand Lights Bar Graph Bezel by Spongeface

I still have to buy the TC Kit but nothing wrong with getting the small stuff before they get out of stock. Hope to start building soon.
By csullivan1980
So I am getting ready to purchase a TC Kit by the weekend. I've been drooling over this kit for sometime and it is affordability it what sold me.

But as I read the TC thread I'm stumped on finding the proper aluminum tube for the rear grip and its measurements. Can any TC kit owners lead some advice? And how you got the split loom to stay in the tube?

Thanks.
I ordered a short piece of aluminum tube from OnlineMetals and then cut to final length. Fit perfectly. I think it was 1/8-inch wall thickness but can't remember the diameter. For attaching the loom, I ran long bolts through the handle that aligned with holes I cut in the loom. Low tech but works well.
By csullivan1980
bishopdonmiguel wrote:I ordered a short piece of aluminum tube from OnlineMetals and then cut to final length. Fit perfectly. I think it was 1/8-inch wall thickness but can't remember the diameter. For attaching the loom, I ran long bolts through the handle that aligned with holes I cut in the loom. Low tech but works well.
Is there a measurement for the length of the rear tube from gun box to split loom?
There is. Can't recall from memory, I think it is less than 10-inches, but it is on here somewhere. There is also some room for personal preference. With the handles I used, I ended up making mine a bit shorter because I thought it looked better. I can measure mine if you like. In the end though, order it long and cut to your preference.
No surprise... CPU64 is spot on. Mine is 8-1/4 inches from top weld to back of handle. You will need an extra inch or so to extend into the body so I went with a 1-foot piece and cut and chamfered the exposed end. The handle should be spaced back about 1/2-inch heavy from the Instrument Bar, which using the TC grip leaves about the same amount of space on the loom end on the handle. Too much space and you won't easily reach the Intensify button. Too little space and it feels cramped. Let your hands decide on the best position.

As far as I recall, this is what I ordered from OnlineMetals...

6061 extruded aluminum tube, 1.25" OD, 1/8" wall, 1" ID, 1-foot length
By csullivan1980
Whoo hoo! TC Kit is on the way, good number of thrower parts are ordered. Anticipate build to begin mid-April [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]
By csullivan1980
Can someone help me understand the front grip twist and the purpose of the two hex bolts at the base of the grip?

As cool as the handle twist is I'm seeing it as more of a personal preference but I'm a little stumped on where the hex bolts come into play.

I see the one keeping the grip attached to the gun body at all time but the other I can't figure out? This served as a lock of sometime?
csullivan1980 wrote:Can someone help me understand the front grip twist and the purpose of the two hex bolts at the base of the grip?
Hex bolts? Do you mean these socket bolts with the brass washers?...

If so, for the TC thrower these provide a guide for the underlying metal tube track if you choose to have it twist. If not, they would secure the tube to the thrower body. Probably similar function on the original throwers but I'm unsure on that.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]