This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By Alex Newborn
Nope, I browsed an album on FB by my friend Jaime about this mag, and it's actually open to an article on Diana Ross' concert that got rained out, and whether or not she would still build a playground for kids. It's mentioned on the cover: "Did Diana Ross skin NYC?"

Look for a pic of real NY mayor Ed Koch among some trees on the right, and hugging Ross in a smaller pic on the left. Here's a pic of the miniature version Jaime did for a Barbie-sized custom Janine doll (using scans of the real mag found on a People website)...

And here's a nice crisp version of the Ross/Koch clinch, found online a while back.

I am pretty sure my Mom had this magazine in a rack in her guest bathroom for YEARS. I never made the connection at the time. Sigh. I've been keeping a watch out for this on eBay, but the prices are usually too high for my liking, especially for something I HAD but let slip through my fingers.

Alex
By d_osborn
Alex Newborn wrote: I've been keeping a watch out for this on eBay, but the prices are usually too high for my liking, especially for something I HAD but let slip through my fingers.
So what you're saying, is that IF YOU COULD TURN BACK TIME, you would grab the Cher issue of People from your mother's bathroom.

Okay, okay... I'll see myself out.
Carpeteria, Alex Newborn, Sutton621 and 1 others liked this
By ramcuda
I dont think of it as a prop in the sense that its something built or made up for the movie ... but it is a prop in the way of the actor used it in a scene...

Maybe better called a lesser prop...

But hay cool you found one ..
By Alex Newborn
I pointed these out in the 'how did I miss that?' thread in the GB2 section a while back, but thought I'd post the pics here too in case anyone wants to procure additional magazines that are visible in the movies.

As for categorization, if I recall correctly from an old theatre book of mine, if it will be handled by an actor, it's a hand prop. If it's just lying around, it's set dressing.

HAND PROP:

~~

SET DRESSING:

Louis has a book and a magazine on his desk.

The book seems to be this one, from around 1985:

You can only see part of the magazine, but it was enough to make a match with some fuzzy logic searching.

I hope Louis just borrowed this March '89 Glamour magazine from Janine.

~~~

~~

Here's the full threads on neat details found in the first film...

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 37&t=19942

... and the second one.

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 38&t=24873

Alex
By bpontheair
Alex Newborn wrote:Nope, I browsed an album on FB by my friend Jaime about this mag, and it's actually open to an article on Diana Ross' concert that got rained out, and whether or not she would still build a playground for kids. It's mentioned on the cover: "Did Diana Ross skin NYC?"

Look for a pic of real NY mayor Ed Koch among some trees on the right, and hugging Ross in a smaller pic on the left. Here's a pic of the miniature version Jaime did for a Barbie-sized custom Janine doll (using scans of the real mag found on a People website)...

Mini Janine approves!

Tyrael, Alex Newborn, Ernest Reid and 2 others liked this
By Alex Newborn
I thumbed through the 'How to Make Higher-Ups at the Office Know You're Alive!' article to see if it said "have a fling with the new guy" but it was only about how to give yourself PR like the pros.

Found another ref pic I'd forgotten about, from an old Starlog issue.

Here's the full PDF at Spook Central:

http://www.theraffon.net/~spookcentral/ ... log145.pdf

Alex

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]