Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Dr.D
The glasses are a bit wonky, but Egon looks great! I cannot wait to have that rooftop diorama. This line is shaping up to be pretty great. Miles ahead of Matty's rushed work.
By Kingpin
DSTZach wrote:Belt is sitting a little high, it's a separate piece from the figure. He's being propped up, because resin gives no friction at the joints, so unless we glue the whole thing into one solid mass, a prototype won't stand very well. I'll try to adjust it today.

Articulation seams will likely be tighter in the plastic figures, as well. I think the figures on the diorama are all production samples, and I have to examined their seams. But the articulation should be a bonus for posing, if you want less articulated figures, or even statues, they are out there.

TRU may have their basic Series 1 by end of year, but the Select figures with large diorama pieces will hit early 2016, most likely. On the bright side, looks like we have finally sorted out the diorama. 15 pieces, spread across 15 figures. Had to add two all-new characters, of the deceased variety.
Once again Zach, thanks for all the info. :)
By AlTheRelic
Zach, can you tell us more about the basic Toys R Us set?
By CaptCyan
Pictures from the NYComicCon

Spook Central Diorama looks to be about 24 to 28 inches wide and about 18 inches or so deep. The display glass foiled a lot of the pics...here are the best.

Nice rendition of the Terror Dog statue...

...and a close up of the Alter.

Looks like they fixed Egon's Belt.

Some "Head Shots".

By gamera1968
These 7 inch figures look great. Happy to hear that most of the basic figures will be available at TRU.
I don't have the extra cash for the build-a-temple or room for it as its HUGE. (but insanely awesome)

I'll most likely get the 4 busters, Vinz,(Louis) and Zuul (Dana).
By AlTheRelic
gamera1968 wrote:These 7 inch figures look great. Happy to hear that most of the basic figures will be available at TRU.
I don't have the extra cash for the build-a-temple or room for it as its HUGE. (but insanely awesome)

I'll most likely get the 4 busters, Vinz,(Louis) and Zuul (Dana).
Dude, make the room for the diorama!
By Kingpin
MacDougses wrote:I'm still hoping they fix Janine's reversed shirt and vest colours before final release.
There isn't actually anything that needs fixing, this figure's outfit is based on the one Janine wore when Peck shut down the Containment Unit:

joeghostbuster liked this
By MacDougses
Kingpin wrote:
MacDougses wrote:I'm still hoping they fix Janine's reversed shirt and vest colours before final release.
There isn't actually anything that needs fixing, this figure's outfit is based on the one Janine wore when Peck shut down the Containment Unit:

Don't know how that got by me. I'm so used to seeing stills with her in the red plaid vest and grey striped shirt I just assumed it was an error. Probably all the preconditioning on Matty's part. Thanks for pointing that out.
Matt Campbell liked this
By DSTZach
If you want to term it as two lines, you can, but all of the figures you have seen (and more) will be available at comic shops with diorama pieces. 15 total, including Louis, Ray and Winston.

Some of those figures will also be available at TRU, without the diorama pieces, in thinner packaging -- it is how we have always released figures for Universal Monsters, Munsters and (recently) Star Trek Select figures. The figures will be the same, as far as I know, although I cannot guarantee that ALL of the accessories will be included at TRU. The diorama pieces definitely will not.

They will have the same Series 1 as comic shops, and most likely Series 2, but I am not sure if they will carry every figure in the line, although their plans also may change. Because of the diorama needing extra time, TRU will most likely get their Series 1 figures -- Ray, Louis and Winston -- before specialty, although I do not know exactly when either will hit.

Make sense?

By Croker
Thanks for the info Zach.

I just had an email from Amazon cancelling my pre order. Guess we definitely not getting them any time soon then. :(
By 910dohead
I have a pre-order at BBTS for the 3 figures of the first wave and now I am wondering if they'll include the diorama parts. I can't not have these without the diorama. Need to do my research or wait until a more detailed pre-order becomes available. Were the ones pre-ordered through the store here going to include the diorama pieces?

- EDIT -

Nevermind. BBTS updated the description to state they include the diorama pieces and I read further that Toys R Us were the ones getting them without the pieces.
By DSTZach
Well, comic shops, specialty stores and any online retailer that buys from Diamond Comics, including diamondselecttoys.com. Shouldn't be any chasing involved, unless they're the hottest toys of the decade. ...Fingers crossed!
By pyhasanon
elsoldao7 wrote:My credit card is already shaking in terror! (& my wife is shaking her head!)
I know the feeling... I'm already trying to figure out how I'm going to afford the Lego GBHQ... Ugh...
By Jangonate
Now to find a UPC and make some calls to TRU. I'm investing in the ones with diorama pieces, but impatience might have me buy a Ray to check these out a little early. My son will be happy to take it off my hands when the other versions hit.

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]

I like the camo tint. This is the one tint I would[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]

New details https://i.imgur.com/0cWzlPm.jpeg […]