This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By Cyland Props
Another prop that much closer to being found, here we have Egon's DMM, or that's what they were called back then. Digital Multi Meter, now-a-days called VOMs or just Voltmeter.

From the movie:

And now in real life:

It's a Beckman Industrial HD 110T, this model has a thermo couple tester on the front and the label between the screen and knob is a little wordy, but is dead on in all the other ways. Made by Wavetek here in San Diego.

My electronics teacher in high school had one back in the day and I was realy impressed up till that point I had only used analog type meters and here comes a new version WOW!

This thing is big 4" X 7" X 1 7/8"
Alex Newborn liked this
AJ Quick wrote:
Cyland Props wrote:Egon's DMM, or that's what they were called back then. Digital Multi Meter.
They're still called that.

Yeah, by those of us who know. Vom is a much cruder name Volt Ohm Meter, when they do much more than measure Voltage and Resistance.
jackdoud wrote:Nice job you did! :crunch:

Well this one was pretty easy I must say, I went to my local electronics / military / industrial surplus where my buddy works. I was actually there to pick up a Christmas gift and asked my freind if he knew of any yellow DMM from the early eighties and he went hmm..... and pulled this thing off the shelf and when I turned around there it was. I went out to my truck and got my phone and looked up my photos posted in the grey box meter thread and there it is. He made an extra sale yesterday.

Next up the other two.
By Coover5
In what scene is it held? Only recently have I truly noticed all the back ground props in this movie. Even though they had no importance that fire house was packed with fun little things here and there which is such a nice detail
By jackdoud
Coover5 wrote:In what scene is it held? Only recently have I truly noticed all the back ground props in this movie. Even though they had no importance that fire house was packed with fun little things here and there which is such a nice detail
"Vince there's one more test I'd like to run"
Then Peck comes down the stairs and shuts off the grid.
I think this is the first time we see it (red arrow) :

There's a couple gieger counter hanging out on the shelf and another, I believe on the bench standing up. Between the yellow meter and the gieger meter that's standing up is a bulk tape eraser.

In this still you can see a Weller tc101 soldering iron (blue item to left) and what looks like a Simpson voltmeter:

I used the Weller TC101 in high school and now own two. I love them.

Egon uses the yellow meter to test a proton gun while they are eating their "last of the petty cash" meal and we see it again in the basement along with the grey box meter and a pack of matches.
Sorry for the necro-post, but I was watching the movie just now and thought, "Hey, that looks like a voltmeter my Dad used to have!"

So I did a search, and sure enough, I find it's already been ID'd. I don't know why more people didn't comment in this thread 3 years ago, but I sure as heck appreciate it.

Alex
Thanks to the ID info in this thread, a Beckman DMM came up in my Saved Searches on eBay for a surprisingly low price, so I went ahead and bid. Got it for $22.50 shipped.

As it turns out, I got the exact same one seen above, the HD110T with the thermocouple tester on the front.

Came with the case, too. Arrived yesterday.

As stated in the original post above, this model isn't quite 100% accurate to the movie, but it's extremely close and it was too good of a price to let it slip by.

Alex
ProtonCharger, Kingpin, SPJ and 1 others liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Sorry for thread resurrection but it's for accuracy's sake :)

I'm right in saying we don't know exactly what model it is right?

Beckman HD 100
Beckman HD 100T (which looks identical to me apart from the extra T in the logo)
Beckman HD 140 (which looks identical to me apart from a slightly wider display)

Beckman HD 100

Beckman HD 100T

Beckman HD 140

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]