Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By gold333
Some interesting images on there I hadn't seen before

By DarkSpectre
I especially love the original cast and crew "testimonials". Sony is really trying hard aren't they? I recall James Cameron saying on camera that Terminator Genesys was a rebirth of the franchise and so on and what happened? Oh yeah the movie sucked and has effective buried the franchise since the follow up has been shelved. I've seen those shared on social media as fuel against "haters". Not a valid argument really. Of course all the original folks will be nice about it. They have stakes in it.
goldenhawk, deadderek liked this
By goldenhawk
DarkSpectre wrote:I especially love the original cast and crew "testimonials". Sony is really trying hard aren't they? I recall James Cameron saying on camera that Terminator Genesys was a rebirth of the franchise and so on and what happened? Oh yeah the movie sucked and has effective buried the franchise since the follow up has been shelved. I've seen those shared on social media as fuel against "haters". Not a valid argument really. Of course all the original folks will be nice about it. They have stakes in it.
Those testimonials look and sound so fake. Especially the Ernie Hudson one.
deadderek liked this
By gold333
They are fake.

Obviously they are not the truth, but are marketing fabrications. It's a marketers (well paid) job.

Don't forget that Reitman gets $5 mn on GB16 just by agreeing with everything.

That's a lot of money to be gifted, even for Ivan Reitman.
deadderek liked this
By Kingpin
Those galleries are a treasure trove, some of the shots I've seen before, but not in as high a resolution, and some are ones that hadn't come to light until the Visual History was published. Definitely worth going through.
Troy, gold333, Sav C liked this
By Troy
Agreed, the photo galleries proved a really great distraction this morning - a ton of photos I had scanned from storybooks and others nice and clean and hi-res.

New website is great, feels like it's the bones for a whole lot of good new stuff to me.
By deadderek
DarkSpectre wrote:I especially love the original cast and crew "testimonials". Sony is really trying hard aren't they? I recall James Cameron saying on camera that Terminator Genesys was a rebirth of the franchise and so on and what happened? Oh yeah the movie sucked and has effective buried the franchise since the follow up has been shelved. I've seen those shared on social media as fuel against "haters". Not a valid argument really. Of course all the original folks will be nice about it. They have stakes in it.

I seem to recall Bruce Willis years ago saying the 4th Die Hard was the best one in the series. (Before it was released)

We all know how that turned out. :/
By GBfan77
Not to go off track, but I don't consider Terminator Genesys to be that bad. When you compare it to Rise of the Machines and Salvation. The one thing that went wrong with the movie was it's marketing. They released way too much footage between the first teaser till the day it was released, not to mention the entire plot was given away in the trailers so there really wasn't any reason for people to go and buy a ticket to see it. That's the one good thing I can say about the remake, they've shown just enough to get people talking and that's it. I think that's smart on their part. As for the testimonials, they might actually be genuine. Unlike the rest of us they've seen the finished product, hell Ivan was a producer on the film.

Just trying to keep positive.
By pyhasanon
I enjoyed Genesys as well... my biggest gripe with the movie was the actor choices for the main characters... the acting itself was "acceptable", but their "look" was wrong... Sarah Conner looked waaaaaayyy too young for the age she was supposed to portray, and the other characters didn't look like John Conner or Kyle Reese at all... I get that it was supposed to be a new generation, but they could have at least looked for actors that have a little bit of a resemblance to the original actors...
By Kingpin
I appear to be one of the few who actually liked Salvation (I honestly find it difficult to understand when people say Genesys was better than Salvation, when Salvation didn't screw the timeline up further).
By DarkSpectre
The unrated version of Live Free or Die Hard was decent because it was more in line with the rest of the series. Salvation tried to continue but failed (McG needs to stay away from things) and Genisys was a mess of a film. Like the honest trailer said "Stop trying to make Jai Courtney happen, Hollywood" lol.
By skankerzero
Kingpin wrote:I appear to be one of the few who actually liked Salvation (it honestly find it difficult to understand when people say Genesys was better than Salvation, when Salvation didn't screw the timeline up further).
oh wow, I completely forgot about that when I was typing my last response.
By gold333
The whole teen sexual angst in Genisys was notable.

Watch the original '84 Terminator (rated R) and see Arnie's (actual!) oiled up bratwurst swinging freely in the shot as he walks up to the bums at the observatory.

Notice how in Genisys (rated PG-13) any scene with a hint of (implied!) genital nakedness has to draw attention away from it in the form of a joke or innuendo, to take the edge off it, because you know, it's so dangerous. All the PG childrens' parents groups finetuning details of the scenes prior to shooting.

Plus the Jai Courtney guy looked like a bodybuilder and nothing like the wiry, thin but agile and athletic Kyle Reese from the original script...

and my OCD voted the entire Genisys movie down when he did his Nike Vandal sneakers velcro tab up all skewed in the photo booth. Unforgiveable :)
By pferreira1983
Kingpin wrote:Die Hard 4.0 was pretty fun and enjoyable, it's #5 that was the worst in the franchise.
Having all watched them now in a row. I have to say 5 is slightly better than 4 but not by much.
By Kingpin
It was the moment the McClanes took the "cure all" pill for the radiation at Prypyat that I called it a day on Live Free or Die Hard, there'd been minor bits here and there, but that was the final nail.
deadderek liked this
By pferreira1983
Kingpin wrote:It was the moment the McClanes took the "cure all" pill for the radiation at Prypyat that I called it a day on Live Free or Die Hard, there'd been minor bits here and there, but that was the final nail.
I think the only reason I cared more for the fifth movie because John McClane acts a little bit more like his character than he did in the fourth movie. The first three are the best really.
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

Looks like it won't be streamed but socials will b[…]

Using rip-stop cotton and custom dye for each char[…]

The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]