Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By redfive1973
I was brainstorming at work last night and wondered about taking a Egon and Peter 1/6 scale figures and reworking them in Russell and John figures from Stripes. Just need to hunt around for some 1/6 Army fatigues and bonus points if I can find a used Barbie RV and rework it into the RV from Stripes. The one shred of logic enters in and says ok smart guy where on Earth are you going to put this at? Small details but just wondering has anyone ever done up a Stripes 1/6 set?
By Smeghead
Ohh, good idea. Never heard of it being done myself, but it shouldn't be too hard in theory. What size is Action Man (I think the American name was GI Joe) compared to the GB figures? Could be a source for the uniforms, even if they need a bit of tweaking.
By redfive1973
All are roughly 1/6 scale give or take. Slight differences in height I've notice in the Action Man or GI Joes and the GB figures. Not enough of a difference I don't think to prevent the clothing from working. Already found a Barbie RV that after pulling up some ref shots of the rv from Stripes matches perfectly. Will have to add pieces and give it a new paint job but thinking this just all might work.
By Alex Newborn
I contemplated the 'Winger and Ziskey' dolls a while back and even mocked up a photo if I recall correctly.

The stumbling block was the Venkman hair does not look 'government issue'. I've never had good luck at resculpting the hair of something in soft vinyl plastic.

Kudos on the idea to take it to the next level with a scaled EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle. Which Barbie RV did you choose? I'd love to see some pics in this thread, both the befores and the afters.

Alex
By redfive1973
I know there are some sites out that do custom head sculpts. Not knocking anyone here who had the ability to do their own sculpts. Yeah Peter's hair wouldn't be G.I. but I say a mere technicality unless one is being strict on it I say let that slide and have fun in making it. As for the RV it is the 1976 big yellow one. Think it is about as close to the EM-50 as possible. Good base to start with. 6 tires looks like it would have enough work space inside it and just screams to be turned the EM. Two lovely MP's however are optional accessories and must be purchased separately.
By Alex Newborn
redfive1973 wrote:As for the RV it is the 1976 big yellow one. Think it is about as close to the EM-50 as possible. Good base to start with. 6 tires looks like it would have enough work space inside it and just screams to be turned the EM.
This one?

Looks like a good match. Will you be doing it in covert mode?

Or combat mode?

Bonus points if you can actually make it transform from one to the other!

Alex
Last edited by Alex Newborn on February 6th, 2016, 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
By redfive1973
Combat mode is of course in the back of my mind. Haven't moved on anything yet. Got so many ideas and dioramas I want to do it's just which one to start on and second where will I put them all. Need an airplane hanger for my ideas! Think it will be a fun project whenever I get working on it.
midmanc82 liked this

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]